Beginners and Beyond

Vacation Fridailies! (Read 36 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I have a hard time picturing you taking a leisurely stroll, smiling and nodding at people, enjoying the birds chirping. Good for you.

Hahahaha... yeah, that never happens.  Nobody here smiles and nods at one another because we're all just rude New Yorkers, so at least I'm not unique in that regard!  I walk pretty quickly even when I'm not in a hurry because I'm a generally impatient person.  I just meant that it's impossible for me to RUN and keep my heart rate that low.  I've never actually tried, but I might do that one of these days.  Just out of curiosity.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I just checked on Garmin, and my Training Zone 2, based on my HR reserve is between 120-131. Zone 3 starts at 132. So I kept my HR reserve in the 6x%, averaging about 65%.

LRB, to me, my max HR is the highest I've ever seen, and that is 169 last year in a 5K race. I figure I must be at 168 now, since that was like 16 months ago, so my max HR is 168. My resting HR is 58. And the rest of the calculation of my HR Reserve was done by Garmin.

MTA: If I use the Max HR algorithm instead of the HR reserve, Today's run would be in zone 3, which is between 118 and 133, and today's run averaged about 75% of my Max HR.

Cyberic

Hahahaha... yeah, that never happens.  Nobody here smiles and nods at one another because we're all just rude New Yorkers, so at least I'm not unique in that regard!  I walk pretty quickly even when I'm not in a hurry because I'm a generally impatient person.  I just meant that it's impossible for me to RUN and keep my heart rate that low.  I've never actually tried, but I might do that one of these days.  Just out of curiosity.

The quantity of people in NYC is just crazy.

And impatient is the way I pictured you, so no surprise here.

The HR running is pretty much experimenting, out of curiosity also. I know I'm not going to ruin my training if I use the HR to monitor my activity on an easy day. Do I like it? Do I notice benefits? Those are the reasons I'm trying this, as HR is a pretty good measure of your state.

LRB

I just checked on Garmin, and my Training Zone 2, based on my HR reserve is between 120-131. Zone 3 starts at 132. So I kept my HR reserve in the 6x%, averaging about 65%.

LRB, to me, my max HR is the highest I've ever seen, and that is 169 last year in a 5K race. I figure I must be at 168 now, since that was like 16 months ago, so my max HR is 168. My resting HR is 58. And the rest of the calculation of my HR Reserve was done by Garmin.

MTA: If I use the Max HR algorithm instead of the HR reserve, Today's run would be in zone 3, which is between 118 and 133, and today's run averaged about 75% of my Max HR.

Okay, so depending on who you ask (runner, cyclist or triathlete), you would've run three 100m sprints as fast as you could after your 5k. Then, run 400m all out to find your max HR.

They key words in your comment though were, "to me", which means you are satisfied you have the number, and that is all that matters. Whether you actually do or not is neither here or there.

Cyberic

Okay, so depending on who you ask (runner, cyclist or triathlete), you would've run three 100m sprints as fast as you could after your 5k. Then, run 400m all out to find your max HR.

They key words in your comment though were, "to me", which means you are satisfied you have the number, and that is all that matters. Whether you actually do or not is neither here or there.

Yep. I am satisfied. After a 5k race, I will not run fast just to maybe raise my HR by 1 or 2.

I've read that to find your max HR, you sprint hard (all out) up a hill a few times, and you get it. Based on that, I figure it doesn't have to be complicated. A 5k race is good enough for me Smile

LRB

The following is something running related that came in my spam box. While it doesn't necessarily apply to me, I can appreciate it:

"For those of us increasing our weekly mileage for a long fall race ahead, feel good runs are few and far between and we often wake up as tired as when we went to sleep. The good runs will come when we finally plateau and groove into the mileage, the great runs will come as we taper and sharpen, the real reward comes on race day. Hang tough, you are not alone out there, it just seems like it. When you line up race day you will be joining the thousands of us that have been out there silently suffering with you, all hoping to experience greatness!"

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FFS, just got an email from the Iceland marathon telling me good luck for tomorrow. 

Damaris

LRB

FFS, just got an email from the Iceland marathon telling me good luck for tomorrow. 

Was your flight refunded? I take it you lost the registration fees,

Half Crazy K 2.0

8. 2 easy, 4 miles 1 minute hard, 1 minute recover, 2 miles easy.

workinprogress11

Aw, that's a bummer.

5 miles and now I'm starving but too lazy to make anything to eat.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Was your flight refunded? I take it you lost the registration fees,

We don't book stuff until a month prior so we didn't have anything reserved.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I really did not want to run but I will have no time tomorrow so my 6 were done.  Pilates was hard today as she insists on treating me like I'm advanced, the nerve.  And then at the end, she asked me for three pushups over the reformer (on a plank without moving the reformer).  FFS, three pushups never felt so hard.

Damaris

LRB

I really did not want to run but I will have no time tomorrow so my 6 were done.  Pilates was hard today as she insists on treating me like I'm advanced, the nerve.  And then at the end, she asked me for three pushups over the reformer (on a plank without moving the reformer).  FFS, three pushups never felt so hard.

You should be teaching the class by now. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You should be teaching the class by now. lol

This women have at least 10 years more of experience (and bendable bodies), which I don't have, LOL.

Damaris

onemile

I ran 9 with 5x1mile at half marathon pace, 2 min recoveries