Beginners and Beyond

3:23 Thursdailies (Read 55 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Absolutely. It's the cost of doing business.

Yeah, and more and more online registrations are done through Active.  There is not even 5Ks here that don't use them.  So you either wait for the race day and go through paying cash and line up at 5am or pay the fee and sleep an extra hour.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I have a $5 discount code for a race I'm eyeing... the "processing fee" is $4.15.  So I end up saving 85 cents.  Yay?

SCORE.

<3

DX2JX2

RW refugee here. I signed up there just in time for the forum to close down. I'm pretty sure it was my fault.

4 easy this morning. Trying to run through a miserable head cold. I'm happy to say that my phlegm has now been freely spread around my neighborhood. On long run Saturday, I plan to get the entire township. It'll be an epidemic!

No more marathons

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone.

Mom was 93 - that's a long run in anyone's log book - it was time to go home.

I'll miss her.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

GinnyinPA

Bluesky - I'm sorry. Even when it's expected, it's hard to lose a parent.

Baboon - that's one reason I'll never do triathalons.  That kind of money is crazy.  As to Active or not - we had a local race that had two companies providing registration.  I have no idea why. Trouble was, one of them signed up a bunch of runners and never notified the race director.  Come race day, the Club had to deal with the mess. At least Active usually gets registration right.

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon - that's one reason I'll never do triathalons.  That kind of money is crazy.  As to Active or not - we had a local race that had two companies providing registration.  I have no idea why. Trouble was, one of them signed up a bunch of runners and never notified the race director.  Come race day, the Club had to deal with the mess. At least Active usually gets registration right.

They are not cheap, that's for sure.  That being said, the weekly Tuesday night off road tris I do cost $25 each.  Usually though the cheap sprint races still cost about $75.

<3

RunningOnSand

I seriously had NO IDEA that Tris were so expensive.  Yowza.

Bluesky, I'm so sorry. Sad

30min ez for me today (which equated to an even 3miles); reverse tapering from the Ragnar trail craziness I endured this past weekend. Hats off to you crazy trail runners who can fly on the technical sections. My Achilles was not happy. 

Cyberic

6 x ( 2min / 2min ) in nice and sunny fall temps. So glad the heat is gone.

5 miles total with 20 minutes at tempo pace. Was ok. Last week I reduced the mileage from 30 to 20 because I was starting to have knee pain. This week I am closer to being pain free and the quality workouts don't feel as charging. Just foam rolling tonight and an easy stroll tomorrow to hit 25m this week.

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

bluerun

Super B****

My photos from Sunday's race were finally posted.  Basically a series of me photobombing other people. 😑

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just bought a ticket for my dad and GF.  A one way ticket, sigh.  They still have to wait 20 days to come over and I hope it's not forever or I'll go crazy, lol.

Damaris

breadnatty08

Wow, yeah I head Triathlons were pricey but damn.  I'm already prepared for spending the dough on Western States next year which is just a tad south of $500.  Le sigh.

11.2mi this afternoon in the wind with 3x10min pickups/tempo.  Hitting around 6min pace for the intervals, 6:47 avg overall.  Legs are tired but enjoyed the lower humidity as the cold front comes in for the weekend.  Should be a killer next couple days of running.  Will probably hit another b2b 100mi week.  Enjoying the volume still! Smile

Edit: Is there anyway for the training log here to sync ALL my Garmin activities or just new ones since I started syncing?

Find me on Strava

LRB

My photos from Sunday's race were finally posted.  Basically a series of me photobombing other people. 😑

Two questions; are you male or female in them and are you actually racing or standing on the sidelines?

oldfartrunner

Got my easy 6 in, and the wife killed her workout!  5 miles out easy, 5 back @ goal 1/2 pace here at alt.

My Ferritin test came back, 102 which is great! Will just take an iron tab three times a week now. Smile

Bread: Nice work!

ROS: That AT still giving you problems? Sad

C99: So them 2 mins, that be 800s?

Just saw RW was down-moved to FB. How about moved to RA!

Everyone else, Hey!

onemile

Edit: Is there anyway for the training log here to sync ALL my Garmin activities or just new ones since I started syncing?

You will have to export your historical data from Garmin Connect - just the new stuff will sync