Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies (Read 36 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I ran 17 which makes 65 for the week.

Nice.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I ran 10 at long run pace in humid weather with on and off drizzle.   Couldn't tell whether I was soaked in sweat or rain.  The last two miles were up and down some hills and the going got a little tough.  Not a great workout, just meh.  The dew point is supposed to be over 70 all week.  Oh, joy.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Weather channel has a 3 month long range outlook guess. What does below average temps mean in Miami, only 90 with 72 dewpoint? Of course September for my area shows as average to above average. I fully expect my half on 9/15 to be a FTS run. I figure there's about a 91% chance it's going to be warmer than ideal, 8% chance it's cool or rainy and ok and a 1% chance of flagging or cancellation due to extreme heat, rain or wind (or combo).

PR, nice ride! Cool picture, looks like a very small town.

Lol. If you go to the city and ask for hourly after a while it turns to monthly and then you can see what the average is.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Watched Equalizer 2. Our chocolates melted from the car to the theater. Feels like 104, aka FTS.

I can’t wait for our hottest month to arrive 🙄

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just found my plan does not cover Ventolin. FFS. And I am on the best plan in the US thanks taxpayers. Bankruptcies had gone down after the ACA but we are starting to see an increase again due to medical bills. We are so fucked.

Damaris

Cyberic

I ran 17 which makes 65 for the week.

Nice!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

8 done.

Damaris

onemile

Nice!

It's not 74.8 but I'm starting to feel like I am marathon training 

LRB

You don't consider Atlantic City a destination? I've gotten lousy weather both at home & when traveling (both races this spring were travel). That said, I figure I will do another half at some point in the fall, when there is a better chance of better conditions. Spring and fall are just so unpredictable around here. Here are the ones on my radar if anyone want to pick one. Oh, and if by chance I get the rare decent conditions on 9/15 and can PR, my secret plan is to then do a fall full.

Dover 10/20 or End of Road 10/21

Chestertown 10/28

Delaware & Lehigh Heritage 11/4

Race 13.1 Baltimore 12/1

I was speaking of travelling to race specifically for the conditions, which it seems like you're on.

All I ever hear about Atlantic City race-wise is it's extremely windy, so that would be a no for me the purposes of racing to PR.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I was speaking of travelling to race specifically for the conditions, which it seems like you're on.

All I ever hear about Atlantic City race-wise is it's extremely windy, so that would be a no for me the purposes of racing to PR.

Oddly enough, the last few times we've been up to AC for fun, it's barely been windy

This area is a total crapshoot for weather conditions in the spring & fall. When I did AC this spring, if you went about 15 miles inland on Saturday, it was 90 degrees. Sunday at the beach, it was 40, raining & windy. I figure late October should be decent, or a greater chance of being decent.

GinnyinPA

I tried to get out before the predicted thunderstorm but didn't quite make it, thanks to a delay caused by wasps that had built a nest in our car while we were away. I discovered it at the grocery store after we put the groceries in and had to go back to Giant to buy wasp spray to kill as many as I could before I was willing to get back in the car. The clouds and pre-storm wind made it feel cool, but the humidity (DP of 72) had me sweating so much I barely noticed when the rain started. Fortunately, today was a short day - 4.8 miles. I'm trying to be smart about rebuilding my base slowly.

Cyberic

It's not 74.8 but I'm starting to feel like I am marathon training 

That's good!

I'm only starting my marathon training, and I'm already freaking out about holding that pace for the whole race.

I might recycle as a pacer after I'm done with this stupid "trying to run fast" thing. The challenge would be to be steady instead of racing the razor's edge.

onemile

That's good!

I'm only starting my marathon training, and I'm already freaking out about holding that pace for the whole race.

I might recycle as a pacer after I'm done with this stupid "trying to run fast" thing. The challenge would be to be steady instead of racing the razor's edge.

In my experience, training to run a certain time is unhelpful. It's better to just do all the training based on current fitness and then reassess when you are a few weeks out.  Of course  you have to choose a training MP but I'd use whatever your best race's equivalent is rather than the picking a goal time that sounds good

LRB

I tried to get out before the predicted thunderstorm but didn't quite make it, thanks to a delay caused by wasps that had built a nest in our car while we were away. I discovered it at the grocery store after we put the groceries in and had to go back to Giant to buy wasp spray to kill as many as I could before I was willing to get back in the car. The clouds and pre-storm wind made it feel cool, but the humidity (DP of 72) had me sweating so much I barely noticed when the rain started. Fortunately, today was a short day - 4.8 miles. I'm trying to be smart about rebuilding my base slowly.

That sounds like a scene from a movie. I got stung (bit?) by a hornet once. That fucker hit me like four times in the span of 10 seconds, I was like, WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON?? lol

Are you training for something this fall?

Cyberic

In my experience, training to run a certain time is unhelpful. It's better to just do all the training based on current fitness and then reassess when you are a few weeks out.  Of course  you have to choose a training MP but I'd use whatever your best race's equivalent is rather than the picking a goal time that sounds good

I am using my HM time as a base for my paces. Of course the calculators are optimistic when it comes to marathons, so my MP is very challenging. 6:55. I can hold it in training, up until now, but man-o-man 7 miles (8 this week) and 26.4 (did that on purpose, as marathons are always long) are very different things.