Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #262 (Read 25 times)

I ran today. AQI did not quite drop as low as I hoped, but went for a short one anyway. 5.5 miles. Breathing was fine, but the break did a number on my legs and they felt like crap. All in the hammy/glute area. Sure doesn’t take long to get out of shape.

MTA: oh the important information—DW just bought a new crepe maker and I had banana nutella crepes for breakfast. 

Dave

delicate flower

I ran today. 

Welcome back!!  So begins the new streak!

I swam 2700 yards this morning.  I'm fixing to get my on in a few minutes.

<3

Welcome back!!  So begins the new streak!

I swam 2700 yards this morning.  I'm fixing to get my on in a few minutes.

YOUR WHAT ON???

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I hit the trails for 3.5 miles this morning.

I've got my LR planned for tomorrow, I wanted to run 20 but I think it would be wise to cut it back to 16-18 miles.... Trying to play it smart.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

YOUR WHAT ON???

Baboon Mad Libs.

<3

LRB

Rest day #5.

The pace bunny is on my shoulder and straight up about to dust my sorry ass.

onemile

Rest day #5.

The pace bunny is on my shoulder and straight up about to dust my sorry ass.

how is your knee feeling?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 6 with 2 @ HMP outside this morning. Woke up feeling like shit but went outside in the wind and a gorgeous sunny 45F. It was awesome (except the stops to cough, LOL).

Damaris

sdWhiskers

5 miles felt like junk. It's still high in the 90's 

Tomorrow I think I'm planning for my virtual 20k, which is actually 4 x 5k. Normally done over the span of ~4 hours IRL. In virtual world, I can do whatever the hell I want to. Still deciding if I want to run one of them hard or just sand bag it all.

sdWhiskers

I swam 2700 yards this morning.  I'm fixing to get my PANCAKES on in a few minutes.

I'll play along

LRB

how is your knee feeling?

The swelling is way way down, I can extend it without issue and can walk without favoring it. It's still slightly tight when I bend it past 90 degrees though and that's what I'm waiting to get past.

LRB

I ran today. AQI did not quite drop as low as I hoped, but went for a short one anyway. 5.5 miles. Breathing was fine, but the break did a number on my legs and they felt like crap. All in the hammy/glute area. Sure doesn’t take long to get out of shape.

Back when we were n00bs, a break like that would've resulted in a run today at 5k pace without so much as pushing past medium effort, at least it seemed..

LRB

I'll play along

+1

I'm always down to eat like I'm training for a marathon especially when I'm not running at all. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The swelling is way way down, I can extend it without issue and can walk without favoring it. It's still slightly tight when I bend it past 90 degrees though and that's what I'm waiting to get past.

Ouch. Hope it gets better soon!

Damaris

KCRuns

LRB, I think I missed the original post about your knee. I hope it heals quickly!

I did 5.25 today. Another cool day, and very windy. Winds were 20mph at times, I gave up running a few times when the headwind got too strong.