Beginners and Beyond

Go Speed Racer Go! DAILIES (Read 54 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

WTF? If you talk to her again, tell her to stop talking on the phone, and RUN! Smile

LOL.  It was planned!

Damaris

LRB

WTF? If you talk to her again, tell her to stop talking on the phone, and RUN! Smile

Seriously, it's not like she's doing laundry...or is it!  lol

Too funny!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey, leave her the fuck alone or you won't have any other updates!

Damaris

Yay for Hersey being home!!!!!!!!!!!!

SRD for me.  Hope to get a couple miles of walking in, but that will be about all I can fit in the schedule.

Still in the clouds about yesterday's 5 mile race.  3 mile split was about 31:10.  Fall is freaking fantastic.

I hope Tom and April and MBC have equally awesome races today!  Happy resting and/or running to all the other dailies!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

21.5 miles. Got most before the sun was blazing so that was good. Didn't leave as early as I wanted but still early enough.

Hi to everyone hope your run, rest, cross train or healing of injuries goes well today.

Marjorie

Ric-G

good luck to all racing today....very nice run lrb

8 this AM...will be checking football and racing results through the day... have a good one all.

marathon pr - 3:16

B-Plus

I should be half way through my long run by now ...

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Half Marathon Sunday, Dailies!

My second HM ever...... EVER!!!!

I PR'ed by a couple of minutes with an official net time of 1:57:47 (chip time). I must say that I'm pretty happy with that considering the training I've done this year. The run gives me some hope that I might PR again in 6 weeks at the 4 Bridges Half in Chattanooga, TN.

Quickie race report:

Started off strong, though I was a little apprehensive of going off too quickly at first. Except for mile 2 (9:00), I held an 8:45 - 8:55 pace for the first 9 miles or so. Miles 10, 12, and 13 were 9:00 - 9:05. Only mile 11 was a bit slower at 9:17. I really felt good throughout the race until around mile 10. I started dragging at that point, and was really dragging during the 11th mile.

I seemed to get a second wind after mile 11 was completed and was able to maintain a reasonable pace to the end. I did make a feeble attempt at kicking at the end, but I just didn't have anything left in the tank. So, I dragged my worn-out ass across the finish line at a speed very slightly faster than my overall race pace.

As I said, I'm happy overall with the race. I think I did better than I thought I would.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

I just got back from my 12 miler. 12.01 miles @ 8:05 pace. It was faster than I was targeting but the hip felt great so I went with it. Right now I want to keep my long runs in the 12-15 mile range.

TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
                    1 Interval 1 mi 8:15.56 8:15.56 8:16      
                    2 Interval 1 mi 8:05.41 16:20.97 8:06      
                    3 Interval 1 mi 8:04.45 24:25.42 8:05      
                    4 Interval 1 mi 8:12.54 32:37.96 8:13      
                    5 Interval 1 mi 8:04.75 40:42.71 8:05      
                    6 Interval 1 mi 8:01.12 48:43.83 8:02      
                    7 Interval 1 mi 8:03.23 56:47.06 8:04      
                    8 Interval 1 mi 8:12.64 1:04:59.70 8:13      
                    9 Interval 1 mi 8:06.39 1:13:06.09 8:07      
                    10 Interval 1 mi 8:00.02 1:21:06.11 8:01      
                    11 Interval 1 mi 7:58.86 1:29:04.97 7:59      
                    12 Interval 1 mi 7:54.60 1:36:59.57 7:55      
                    13 Interval 0.01 mi 0:03.01 1:37:02.58 5:01      

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Tom!

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Great job Tom!

Good luck to April and MBC.

I put my 20 mile LR up on FB with Your Pace or Mine? but I'll share it here too. It was 20.2 @ 9:06 avg pace. Have a great day everyone.

Since it's 20 mile training time, I'll share my experience from this morning. Woke up to a light drizzle. Checked the weather - it was just a passing shower, not a big deal. Lace up and head out the door. By mile 0.5 it was raining at a decent rate. After 1 mile it was pouring. I was having problems seeing it was so bad. I took cover in a public restroom at a park for about 15 minutes. I did seriously consider just running home at this point.

The rain died down so I headed back out. I tried to get back on pace, dodging the puddles of water. Then all around me went white, and a half second later I heard it: BOOOM!!!! Oh yeah, lightning. Very close. I have to admit I was scared. I knew the storm was heading west to east, so I started heading west hoping that this was the tail end. Instead of running by a golf course I chose streets that had tall trees that made a canopy. Maybe a false sense of protection? A minute later I heard another crack of thunder, farther east, so I knew I was running out of it.

I made it 4 miles, and I wasn't surprised when I saw a couple of homeless people taking shelter under an underpass that was under construction. I just gave a nod and kept on my way. I don't know why it is, but I always worry that they'll run after me. It's strange too because I actually do a fair amount of charity work and I've known homeless people (who hasn't in college?).

A mile later I stopped for some water at another park, and was going to use the bathrooms. I knew that I was in the heart of town and I've seen homeless here before. I decided against it after seeing a bike leaning next to a tree - really the calling card of a homeless person. I knew that they were taking shelter in the public restroom at this park.

The remainder of the run was largely uneventful. A couple of full-on soaker puddles that got a shoe. Band-aids falling off by mile 8 lead to bloody nipples by mile 10. I ran shirtless for about 3 miles to try and keep the bleeding at bay. You can only do so much though. Talked to my wife around mile 15, and told her I will be home by 9. That put me in a bad position, because I'd have to run at a pretty decent clip to make that. So the tail end of my run turned into a progression run. I made it just after 9; another 20 miler in the can.

- Andrew

Baboon

delicate flower

HEY-OH!

Tom, congratulations on the HM PR!  Sounds like it went like a HM should, with getting hard around mile 10.  Smile

MBC did great in her triathlon today, but more importantly is that she looked good.  Big grin  Her 10th and final triathlon this year, thus accomplishing her goal of completing ONE.  I took lots of pics.

I went for a 9 mile run when we got home.  Hilly route and a windy day.  8:17 pace at an easy effort.

FOOTBALL.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Someone let us know when you get an April update.  I stalked her facebook page but nothing yet.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She is done!

I have not talked to her but she should call me soon.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

She is done!

I have not talked to her but she should call me soon.

HOORAY!!  Go April!

<3