Beginners and Beyond

Go Speed Racer Go! DAILIES (Read 54 times)

Will run for scenery.

I had been planning to do  a LR today after the race yesterday, a little of the ole "running on tired legs" thing.  But I fell hard during the race and think I might have busted a rib. It hurts when I move, breathe, cough, blow my nose, etc.

But since I was camped in such a be-you-tiful area, right at the start of a relatively flat trail, I couldn't resist.  I made it maybe 2 miles and the trail  suddenly headed straight up a cliff of black slippery mud.  So I turned back.  Rib/lung pain was tolerable, and my legs felt great.

Made it to town 15 minutes before the breakfast cutoff, yay!  Blueberry pancakes and sausage.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Jess runs for bacon

Hey dailies! I did a relay leg of the marathon April ran. So 5.8 miles done. Beering up in a little bit.

hog4life

Tom, congrats on the HM, great time! We need to plan something for 2014,  I can drive to the Chattanooga area.

Hi dailies:

Oski - good start to the day, go racers go

Basya - enjoy your day

Hog - good distance, yay to diminished PF

D - Hershey is recovering well?

Schnauzer - nice even splits

Rick - great LR and weekly mileage

DaveP - hi

D^2 - nice mix of scenery

Zelanie - have a good rest day

Granite - *so* nice to run in cooler temps

Marjorie - great distance

B+ - shake a leg

Tom - congrats on the PR!

Burrn - wow, close call, glad  you're ok.  No homeless person is gonna catch you.

Baboon - congrats MBC, nice run

jjs - oof, take care of that rib

Lilac - hooray beer

3.1 miles early this morning in about 17:20ish, I jogged the last 10 yards due to tapering.  Then 13.1 more up at the park, just a touch under easy pace.

Will run for scenery.

I just googled broken/bruised rib treatment.

Non-surprise #1 : They say not to exercise or exert yourself.

Surprise #1 : They say the best thing to do is what I just did for the past hour - sleep.  Although they didn't say to do it in a coffee house!

Now for a 5 hour drive back to my next "treatment"...

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

StepbyStep-SH

Tom - Congrats on the PR!

jjs - That doesn't sound good.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ric-G

great job!

Tom - Congrats on the PR!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

jjs, are you sure you have such an injury?  I thought I had one and the only thing I had was a rib out of place, so the chiro put it back in place.

Jay, thanks for asking.  He didn't sleep at all last night but so far, he is acting more and more like himself.

Damaris

meaghansketch

Hello Dailies!

Basya- Hope your workout was good whatever you decided to do!

Mitch- Nice long run and good news on the PF!

Damaris- Glad Hershey is back home!  Hoping for a swift recovery.  Nice 14, hope your other miles are good too!

SUSchnauzer- Glad to see you again!  Hope things continue to improve with your hip.  Nice 12-miler!

Rick- WTG dude, that is seriously impressive to top off such a high mileage week with a 20-mile run.  These are the miles that pay some serious dividends!

Dave^2- Great runs, both of them!  Enjoy the football game!

Zelanie- Enjoy your RD!

granite- enjoy your RD!  Congrats on your race!  You did awesome!  You must be so psyched about your running goals!  Sub-30's beginning to not look aggressive at all!

Marjorie- Amazing long run!

Ric-G- Nice run!

Tom- Congrats on the race!

Andrew- Good job on the long run!

Baboon- Congrats to MBC!  What an accomplishment!  You had a nice run too!

jjs- Oh no, hope you haven't broken a rib!  Feel better soon.

lilac- Congrats on your relay leg!  Enjoy your beer!

20 for me today, first one this training cycle.  3:20, a 10:00 pace almost exactly.  It was a group run put on by a local running store, with pacers from one of the local running clubs.  The pacers were great, going a little fast on the flats (around 9:45) to make up for a bit of slowing on the 3 bridges we ran over.  I'm pretty happy with this run, especially since I knew my legs weren't at 100% after my tempo run Friday evening-- and since this was my 4th quality workout in 7 days.

SRD tomorrow and I need it!

Hip Redux

Quicky shout outs -

Tom - excellent!!

Burrrn - no good on the bloody nips.  next time, stronger bandaids!

JJS - what's up with the rib stuff?  Be careful, sounds painful.  Sad

Meaghan - you totally deserve that RD tomorrow, enjoy!.

I gymmed it this morning and then 4 miles of run/walk this afternoon.

Just B.S.

Tom ongrats! You are like the male over 50 version of moi!! I am 51 1/2. My 5 k is 25:29 from last Oct and our half is almost identical!

jj hope tjust is just something you pulled !

Last 3/4 weekends were races. Glad to only have to do the long run this weekend. 16.5 in the bank.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi guys!

I'm tired. Really, really tired. Like, thinking about going to bed at 7pm tired.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Oh, and a bunch of friends and I went out for dinner tonight at a restaurant in the same building as our LRS. So of course I bought my 26.2 magnet. For some reason, putting it on my car made it feel more real than ya know, actually finishing a freaking marathon.

Hip Redux

Hi guys!

I'm tired. Really, really tired. Like, thinking about going to bed at 7pm tired.

I totally would go to bed!  Hell, I have fallen asleep at 8 before and NOT after running 26.2 miles. lol  Do you have to work tomorrow?

YAYpril - B-Plus

I totally would go to bed!  Hell, I have fallen asleep at 8 before and NOT after running 26.2 miles. lol  Do you have to work tomorrow?

HELL no. I took off a MONTH ago. Big grin