Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES (Read 48 times)

DavePNW

DaveP: How is the knee?

A little tender, including some soft tissue soreness, like I strained something a little bit. But nothing too bad. However there is no correlation between things I feel or don't feel while running vs. things I feel or don't feel while not running. So tomorrow will be the test.

Dave

LRB

I just sat down for a 3 hour seminar, shoot me now. 

I'm counting on you ladies and gents to keep me occupied. 

onemile

Maybe Lily will post pictures of herself in her new Lulu?

(what did you buy?)

outoftheblue

April 20th. Boston.

I said "never again" to running a spring marathon because I have such a hard time training through the winter. And I am a one marathon per year type of person. I get burned out from the training.

But then I got sucked in again.  I am running less than I would if I was training for a goal race but still more than I feel like doing right now.

Very nice.  That would be a hard race to pass up.

Life is good.

Little Blue

If there's a test at the end, you can use us as your lifeline.    I guess there is no need to ask if you're learning anything interesting.  Or learning anything at all.

LRB

Very nice.  That would be a hard race to pass up.

The attitudes towards it run the gamut from my peeps here in the Mitten. Most train all-out treating it as the race of a lifetime.

I will be coming off a marathon 5 months beforehand and the chances of me doing that are slim and none and slim just left the building. lol

onemile

The attitudes towards it run the gamut from my peeps here in the Mitten. Most train all-out treating it as the race of a lifetime.

I will be coming off a marathon 5 months beforehand and the chances of me doing that are slim and none and slim just left the building. lol

I'm not treating it like a PR attempt. But at the same time, I don't think I want to just jog it.  I'm not REALLY training for it.  But I'm not really NOT training for it.  Somewhere in the middle I guess. 

LRB

Maybe Lily will post pictures of herself in her new Lulu?

(what did you buy?)

It's continuing ed for my stupid job. So I suppose I shouldn't complain since I am getting paid.

lily could model farmer's cover-alls and look great!

Hip Redux

PSA:  Bringing in chicken soup for your lunch on the days you work out at lunch is a guaranteed way to be sweating at your desk for an hour.

LRB

I'm not treating it like a PR attempt. But at the same time, I don't think I want to just jog it.  I'm not REALLY training for it.  But I'm not really NOT training for it.  Somewhere in the middle I guess. 

I share your views on that. Though some runners put a great spin on it treating it as as "victory lap", I am after all a competitor, and will do my best to give a decent representation of my competitive self.  Even if the training kills me mentally...and it probably will. lol

Hip Redux

Topic for LRB:  Why can't I bring myself to sign up (or even get interested in) any races this year?

Annnnd pyschoanalysis: Go.

DavePNW

Let me be so bold to suggest that winter may be contributing to your somewhat-less-than-100% commitment to training.

Dave

onemile

I share your views on that. Though some runners put a great spin on it treating it as as "victory lap", I am after all a competitor, and will do my best to give a decent representation of my competitive self.  Even if the training kills me mentally...and it probably will. lol

I'd like to at least run my qualifying time so I feel like I belong there. 

onemile

Let me be so bold to suggest that winter may be contributing to your somewhat-less-than-100% commitment to training.

I know that it is.  Last year in April I started feeling motivated again.

LRB

If there's a test at the end, you can use us as your lifeline.    I guess there is no need to ask if you're learning anything interesting.  Or learning anything at all.

I have been doing these stupid things for 20 years but yes every now and again you pick up on a tidbit that you might not have known about.

For me these things really come down to the speaker and/or the subject...actually the subject is not as important as the speaker. lol