Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Little Blue

4.2 miles on our country back roads.  Followed by yard work before winter (or our version of it) hits again.

LRB

3.1.  Argued with Medicare state auditors today.  I won      DO NOT argue with me when it comes to Medicare regs and PT practice.  I know them too well.  Scary that the person auditing doesn't and I have to tell them their effin job.

We keep some pretty good company here in the dailies in terms of our standing as professionals so that does not surprise me. In other words we rock!

LRB

4.2 miles on our country back roads.  Followed by yard work before winter (or our version of it) hits again.

Winter is no fun no matter where you live...right D?

happylily

The doc said laughingly that his assistant had butchered my artery. "You think so, doc? Is that why there are five holes in my groin instead of one?"  He gave me something for the pain and said if I were smart, I would stop running for 4-5 days... He didn't seem concerned with it. I guess explaining about my stalled training is not really a tearjerker...  So, I can't run, but at least I have some very nice running clothes to look at.  (onemile, I got a pair of crops, shorts, two running bras and a long sleeve. I really need to get my name off of their email list. Each time I get a notification that there is something new out, I fall for it. And I, the woman who cannot remember any of her old addresses or phone numbers, have succeeded in memorizing my credit card number.  ) Now off to drink some wine. I have the feeling my name will be at the bottom of Zel's list this week again.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Well at least he didn't cut off your leg.

#annoyingglasshalfullguy

happylily

I kind of did this last spring.  I ran a marathon on a whim off of half marathon training.  I had only run 16 miles three times, nothing further (in the past 6 months).  I ended up running a 3:32.  For this one I will probably run 18 at least once.  But the course is also harder.  I'd be happy to run a 3:32 again. We'll see I guess.

You could run a 3:32 this coming Sunday if you wanted to. You only need maintenance mode at the moment. You don't need high mileage and super long LRs. You've been doing great so far.

I am once again questioning the logic of going to Boston. I can't seem to get a break in my training. I have one week of it under my belt so far and it feels like I have retired from running about 10 years ago...

happylily

#annoyingglasshalfullguy

LOL...

Actually. I've made peace with the whole thing. I find it almost funny.

Little Blue

#annoyingglasshalfullguy

Well he might as well have.  She  could figure out how to run with one leg, but bench her for 4-5 days?  That's serious.

happylily

Well he might as well have.  She  could figure out how to run with one leg, but bench her for 4-5 days?  That's serious.

Someone who finally understands me!

LRB

I am once again questioning the logic of going to Boston. I can't seem to get a break in my training. I have one week of it under my belt so far and it feels like I have retired from running about 10 years ago...

Hopefully everything works out lily. Training is hard enough without all that extra baggage of uncertainty.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.74. Today was the "warm" day. It was not even 40. If it's not going to snow, I am done with winter.

MarjorieAnn, I deal with state Medicaid and the department of education. I've had the same experience with auditors not being familiar with the regs. Or worse, seen people at the state level completely out of touch with what goes in a special ed school setting and how the delivery of services can be different from a hospital setting.

Baboon

delicate flower

Treadmill.  50 minute progression.  I manual lapped every five minutes.  Paces:

8:28

8:09

7:43

7:48

7:22

7:25

7:01

7:01

6:33

6:20

6.8 miles at 7:19 avg pace.  Good but could have been better.  I was worried too much about conserving energy the first 20 minutes.  Next time I will push harder.

<3

LRB

I was worried too much about conserving energy the first 20 minutes.  Next time I will push harder.

Very nice Boon. It's hard to do much better than that in 50 minutes.

70 - 75 minutes is about golden for me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The doc said laughingly that his assistant had butchered my artery. "You think so, doc? Is that why there are five holes in my groin instead of one?"  He gave me something for the pain and said if I were smart, I would stop running for 4-5 days... He didn't seem concerned with it. I guess explaining about my stalled training is not really a tearjerker...  So, I can't run, but at least I have some very nice running clothes to look at.  (onemile, I got a pair of crops, shorts, two running bras and a long sleeve. I really need to get my name off of their email list. Each time I get a notification that there is something new out, I fall for it. And I, the woman who cannot remember any of her old addresses or phone numbers, have succeeded in memorizing my credit card number.  ) Now off to drink some wine. I have the feeling my name will be at the bottom of Zel's list this week again.

Lucky you are not smart? 

I talked to my coach and due to the exhaustion caused by the short, I ran my 6 today and my tempo will be moved to tomorrow with only 3 miles at tempo.  The race is the most important part of the week so I don't want to screw it up.  So, Pilates and 6 done.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Very nice Boon. It's hard to do much better than that in 50 minutes.

70 - 75 minutes is about golden for me.

I am not used to running hard for 50 minutes straight, outside MP or even HMP.  I'm still trying to figure these runs out.

<3