Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILES (Read 32 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

LRB

I am pretty congested today. I'm not sure if I should run or not.

If I have the energy, I'll run, which usually breaks things up that way. If I feel all lethargic though, I will not.

onemile

If I have the energy, I'll run, which usually breaks things up that way. If I feel all lethargic though, I will not.

That was why I skipped my Tuesday run. I was so tired I went to bed at 7:30.  Yesterday I ran and I do think I felt better afterwards but during wasn't much fun.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I can usually do that as well.  Last week with a sore throat and dry cough, running was out of the question.  I am so freakin' glad that is over. I can deal with a stuffy nose.

onemile

I can usually do that as well.  Last week with a sore throat and dry cough, running was out of the question.  I am so freakin' glad that is over. I can deal with a stuffy nose.

I don't have any head stuff this time. It's all coughing and congestion in my chest. A little bit of a sore throat.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I don't have any head stuff this time. It's all coughing and congestion in my chest. A little bit of a sore throat.

I would say it depends on your energy level. That and if you can breathe. Maybe a few miles is all you can do or maybe none at all. I would suggest just go by feel though It might be better to rest. Who knows? If you are up to it try a few miles.

Tomorrow I am scheduled for a tough tempo run that I know will kick my butt. Knowing that I am not back at full fitness, I may have to cut it short or at least slow down some on the two fast parts. This flu bug is brutal.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

EIB sucks...

http://acaai.org/asthma/exercise-induced-asthma-eib

You are just discovering this now?  I've been saying this for years.  And I have both EIA, and AIA (Allergy Induced).  So I can have one OK and the other one comes to fuck up the day.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You would be risking the chance of delaying the recovery or making the sore throat worse, which is why I would skip it.  But you don't have the asthma issues that can turn something like that into bronchitis, so maybe you could do a SHORT run.  See that word?  SHORT?  As in not 10 miles?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dorian and I hit the trails this afternoon for a muddy, slippery 3 mile run/hike. Dorian almost lost one of his new shoes to the mud... but he had a blast.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

4 for with hubby after Pilates.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

1 on the treadmill before weights.

Cute pictures FreeSoul

Cyberic

14.75 miles in two runs today, with 6 miles at MP-20.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

1 on the treadmill before weights.

Cute pictures FreeSoul

Smile thanks

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Smile thanks

His feet were like a blur in a couple of those shots, what pace was he running? Big grin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

His feet were like a blur in a couple of those shots, what pace was he running? Big grin

Lol, I have no idea. I think we were on flat ground at that moment, or just coming down the hill. He was going pretty fast but I was using my cell phone so it isn't going to catch fast motion like my Canon T2i Smile

PRs