Beginners and Beyond

Frozen Tuesdailies (Read 36 times)

B-Plus

Where is everyone? Frozen? It's 28 outside? What should I wear?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Half day working today, then off for the next 5 days.  Plan on 3 - 4 miles around noon-time or 1 pm or so, after I get off work.  Cold front moving in for us.  Will be in the 50s when I run - nice - but then around 3 pm. or so, the rain moves in, the cold moves in and the temp will start drop-drop-dropping!  Cold rain tonite, high on New Year's Eve of only in the low 40s, and on New Year's Day, our weather guy said it probably won't even make it out of the 30s, and the rain will continue through the day.   That will be a fun morning to do my New Year's Day 5K!  Luckily, the park where the 5K is being done is only about a mile from my house, so I won't have to drive on icy, wet roads to get there.

By Friday the cold weather starts to move out...and then we are back in the 60s and the weekend is predicted to be beautiful again!  Our weather goes back and forth like a madly swinging pendulum!  I think Mother Nature has a grudge against Texas for some reason, she just won't let us have some nice stable weather, one way or the other.

LRB, please pass a note to your Detroit Lions to KICK DALLAS COWBOY BUTT this weekend. Thank you...thank you very much!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Where is everyone? Frozen? It's 28 outside? What should I wear?

I would suggest wearing WARMTH!!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Clothes. Problem solved.

It is below 0 here this morning, but since I'm on the DL, I wasn't going to run outside anyway. Attempted the elliptical - within the first 5 minutes, my knee went out. Switched to the bike, and it happened once there, too, when I had the leg to near full extension. So, 10 minutes bike, two miles walking on indoor track, another 10 minutes on the bike. And my knee is very achy now. Sad

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Half day working today, then off for the next 5 days.  Plan on 3 - 4 miles around noon-time or 1 pm or so, after I get off work.  Cold front moving in for us.  Will be in the 50s when I run - nice - but then around 3 pm. or so, the rain moves in, the cold moves in and the temp will start drop-drop-dropping!  Cold rain tonite, high on New Year's Eve of only in the low 40s, and on New Year's Day, our weather guy said it probably won't even make it out of the 30s, and the rain will continue through the day.   That will be a fun morning to do my New Year's Day 5K!  Luckily, the park where the 5K is being done is only about a mile from my house, so I won't have to drive on icy, wet roads to get there.

By Friday the cold weather starts to move out...and then we are back in the 60s and the weekend is predicted to be beautiful again!  Our weather goes back and forth like a madly swinging pendulum!  I think Mother Nature has a grudge against Texas for some reason, she just won't let us have some nice stable weather, one way or the other.

LRB, please pass a note to your Detroit Lions to KICK DALLAS COWBOY BUTT this weekend. Thank you...thank you very much!

If they were letting Suh play, he'd stomp on their legs.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

It's 28 outside? What should I wear?

28 isn't that cold, but you already know that.  For me, that is light pants, light hoodie, winter hat, gloves.

Today my schedule calls for one easy hour of running.  The problem I've having is running "easy" right now when my legs are rested and ready to GO.  So yeah, I'll most likely end up running harder than easy.  Last night's "easy" run was 30 minutes at an 8:06 pace on hills.  I covered 3.79 miles,

And GOOD MORNING, imo.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Weights tonight as I head to the Improv to watch a comedy show tonight.  No time to run, unless the temps drop and I can head out at 4pm.  We'll see.  Taking the afternoon off from work.

Damaris

Cyberic

It is sub 0 F with the windchill this morning. It is very sunny and the sidewalks are still dry, so it isn't bad at all. My second week of higher mileage is well on its way. No speed, just volume again. I'll run 10ish today.

B+, I'd wear what baboon said. But by now you're probably out.

TTYL, dailies

28 isn't that cold

15 is. Windchill of 5. WTF, people. I guess I will go out in bit anyway, but I'll be pretty much maxed out in the apparel department.

MTA: thank you Cyberic & Canada for being colder. But not complaining as much. Actually I have no legit complaints as long as there is no snow/ice. (Yet.)

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Send some of that my way.  Since you guys are colder, it's only 75F here (people are bitching, what?)

Damaris

LRB

Where is everyone? Frozen? 

It was 15 degrees when I woke up to run this morning and I said FTS, shut the TV off and went back to sleep. lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

0 for me this morning.  Looks like I'm going to end the old/start the new year off with a no-run streak.  My thumb and a tablesaw had an argument yesterday after lunch.  My thumb lost of course.  The ER doc said I will need a little reconstruction, the chunk missing is too big to grow back properly.

I have to keep it clean and dry, and re-dress it every few hours.  When the throbbing stops, maybe sweating on it won't matter.

ETA: since you almost asked, and it is a cool pic in a nasty sort of way...

thumb

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

0 for me this morning.  Looks like I'm going to end the old/start the new year off with a no-run streak.  My thumb and a tablesaw had an argument yesterday after lunch.  My thumb lost of course.  The ER doc said I will need a little reconstruction, the chunk missing is too big to grow back properly.

I have to keep it clean and dry, and re-dress it every few hours.  When the throbbing stops, maybe sweating on it won't matter.

pics or it didn't happen! 

Geezus man, that hurts just reading it!

B-Plus

28 isn't that cold, but you already know that.  For me, that is light pants, light hoodie, winter hat, gloves.

I wore a toque instead.

B-Plus

Scotty - That sounds cold for you Texans.

LRB - Smart man.

PR - Ouch!