Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are handling business (Read 44 times)

DavePNW

11 with 8 at not-quite-MP

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Greek yogurt + blueberries + granola = post-run yumminess.

#math101

Thanks for making me hungry!

Damaris

DavePNW

Dave

Hip Redux

B-Plus

SRD but I need to do my left ass cheek activation exercises.

Zelanie

LRB

SRD but I need to do my left ass cheek activation exercises.

That workout last night was insane in the membrane yo, nicely done! I have something similar coming up soon but doubt it'll be as impressive as yours.

On the left ass cheek firing front, Nicole emailed me an exercise last week that I have been doing every night. And though it's not quite 100% yet, I have been able to run quality so I am encouraged.

onemile

Do you guys all do 2 workouts a week for marathon training (not including the long run)? I have cut back to just one the past few weeks and have been liking it a lot better.  I should probably get back to 2 workouts... but...

<--- lazy

DavePNW

Do you guys all do 2 workouts a week for marathon training (not including the long run)? I have cut back to just one the past few weeks and have been liking it a lot better.  I should probably get back to 2 workouts... but...

<--- lazy

I basically model my quality workout schedule on Hansons - intervals Tuesday & MP miles on Thursday.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I basically model my quality workout schedule on Hansons - intervals Tuesday & MP miles on Thursday.

Same here.  Tempo one day, hard progression the other.  Also, the LR on the weekend if you want to count that as well.

<3

onemile

For Boston I did intervals on Tuesday and an LT/HMP run on Fridays. I guess I was okay with it then.  Maybe it's just that I have sucked at speedwork enough the last couple months that I've developed a fear/hatred for it.

LRB

<--- lazy

I do two a week for about the first 3 to 5 weeks of MRT, then as the volume of mileage starts to wear on me cut it to one on Saturday and run long Sunday.

There is also a couple of weeks towards the end where I run long-quality on Sunday with nothing else but easy that week.

LRB

That you (and others) carry that schedule for the duration of MRT is impressive as hell to me. There is no way I could do that and will not even try.

onemile

That you (and others) carry that schedule for the duration of MRT is impressive as hell to me. There is no way I could do that and will not even try.

Well with Hansons, the intervals switch to MP-10 seconds per mile for the second half which helps!

LRB

Well with Hansons, the intervals switch to MP-10 seconds per mile for the second half which helps!

I think the way my speed work lays out Tuesday/Saturday with long on Sunday leaves me too beat up to continue the Tuesday session the deeper into MRT I get (cumulative fatigue) so I eventually drop it.

I see the Tuesday/Thursday schedule you and the others peeps carry which would probably be better for me, but Saturday speed sessions are for the most part the gospel for me, so I remain the oddball training-wise here. No different than in life, ironically.