Beginners and Beyond

TuesdayLIES - Can you say Avascular Necrosis of the 3rd metatarsal head? Say it to a runner, if they smack you, you said it right. (Read 39 times)

onemile

It would help.... lol, though I had to keep going back to the first word of her title to make damn sure it was the dailies....... I never thought of using sentences for a dailies title 

*his*

DavePNW

It would help.... lol, though I had to keep going back to the first word of her title to make damn sure it was the dailies....... I never thought of using sentences for a dailies title 

Neither had anyone else before today. And PR's a dude. AFAIK.

Dave

delicate flower

Neither had anyone else before today. And PR's a dude. AFAIK.

If not, he is one ugly woman.

<3

LRB

If not, he is one ugly beer brewing woman.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*his*

I don't know what you're talking about.............

Hell, half the time I don't know what I'm talking about damn it  what I say can't and shouldn't be taken literally or seriously 75% of time, one must ask themselves or me if I am all the way here when typing......... most likely the answer is a big fat NO.

And I'm pretty sure I've done this many times before........ for some reason every time I see the name "PleasantRidge" I think female, maybe it's the word "pleasant"..... I'm sexist 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

GinnyinPA

I didn't Google it, but necrosis is never good.  I hope the doctor has better news for you.

Cyberic

4 x 1000m R:3min

Could not have done another. I had a hard time finishing my 4th.

onemile

4 x 1000m R:3min

Could not have done another. I had a hard time finishing my 4th.

Speedy. What pace is that? 5k pace or faster?

Cyberic

Speedy. What pace is that? 5k pace or faster?

Before anyone says so, how am I supposed to know what my 5K pace is?

This was faster than what I think I could hold for 5 straight Ks. I don't think I'm in sub 19 shape. Probably low 19s.

Now I approach my intervals with "the fastest pace I think I can hold for the whole workout". Today, I went a little hard. I managed to finish, but should have gone maybe 5 seconds per mile slower or something like that. Oh well, could be worse: I could have a coach telling me what to do 

onemile

"the fastest pace I think I can hold for the whole workout".

That answers my question 

onemile

Oh well, could be worse: I could have a coach telling me what to do 

Yeah I have 8x1k to run tomorrow 

But my paces are ~10k pace down to ~5k pace (or slightly faster)

LRB

I've done it all and there really is no difference in being told to run it, reading it from a book or online, or making it up as you go along. There is cost factor as it relates to disposable income but that's an individual thing.

DavePNW

Gack. I have done 6x1200 at 5k, and it is not fun. Although knowing what you have going in is key. I used to do 4x1200, and the first time I did 6, I thought it would be impossible. But it was manageable. If I had gone out to do 4, then you told me to do 2 more, there'd be NFW.

Dave

onemile

I've done it all and there really is no difference in being told to run it, reading it from a book or online, or making it up as you go along. There is cost factor as it relates to disposable income but that's an individual thing.

I am a good plan follower. If it was on a plan that I had decided to use, I would do it.  But I'm not a 'making it up as you go along' person because I think I would skip out on the hardest workouts and tend to go with the workouts that play to my strengths.

LRB

I am a good plan follower. If it was on a plan that I had decided to use, I would do it.  But I'm not a 'making it up as you go along' person because I think I would skip out on the hardest workouts and tend to go with the workouts that play to my strengths.

Yeah I can't see you volunteering for 8 x 1k, unless it was at HMP. Big grin

I did okay with the book and on my own but there were a couple of workouts in Daniels where I was like I'm not doing that stupid shit. 👎