Beginners and Beyond

Friday: Work It (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Down here, they will send the kid home and can’t come back until you visit one of those lice clinics, get the kid treated there and get a certificate.

Damaris

onemile

It's 46 with steady rain and I'm trying to convince myself to go do my run

RunningOnSand

Well fuck.

So because of this Airbnb fiasco I decided to look up my flights to see if I could change them. It turns out I NEVER BOOKED ANYTHING. 

At least, I cannot find any record of flights, and neither can Delta.

Soooooo.....

Another option is to go and run the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. Dh has a friend who lives there so we could potentially stay with him (he has an extra room).

Or.

Since this is supposed to be my victory marathon right before I turn 40 (I was going to go for a BQ attempt), and especially now I'm NOWHERE near getting a BQ (my old qualifying time was 3:45 (and I would have been happy enough with a 3:45, even though I know that wouldn't have guaranteed entry)...I am thinking I'm more around the 3:50 time)...maybe I should just say fuckit and not run any marathon.

Sigh.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Monumental is awesome, flat-ish (not Miami flat, mind you), and the last two years I've been there, weather in the 40s, so perfect marathon weather.

Damaris

LRB

Well fuck.

So because of this Airbnb fiasco I decided to look up my flights to see if I could change them. It turns out I NEVER BOOKED ANYTHING. 

Soooooo.....

Another option is to go and run the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. Dh has a friend who lives there so we could potentially stay with him (he has an extra room).

Or.

Since this is supposed to be my victory marathon right before I turn 40 (I was going to go for a BQ attempt), and especially now I'm NOWHERE near getting a BQ (my old qualifying time was 3:45 (and I would have been happy enough with a 3:45, even though I know that wouldn't have guaranteed entry)...I am thinking I'm more around the 3:50 time)...maybe I should just say fuckit and not run any marathon.

Sigh.

I'd vote for the Monumental. The weather is usually great, it's a well run event and a great course...well, through 8 miles. 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Well fuck.

Sigh.

Sorry to hear that RoS.  Do you have any other record of the flight?  Or did you just think you did it, but didn't?

I think Indianapolis would be a good fall-back option.  Just don't throw in the towel and not run a marathon this year.  The marathon is the reward for all the hard work slogging through a training cycle.

But yeah, that sucks.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

DavePNW

People seem to love Monumental. It is pretty much onemile's signature race. Do that. Sorry about all the other plans falling through. Maybe it's fate, and you'll BQ Indy.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I'd vote for the Monumental. The weather is usually great, it's a well run event and a great course...well, through 8 miles

LRB, say more about that, please. Smile I see there's a hill around like mile 15-18? 19?

Docket, how bad is that hill? The temps look to be perfect.

Bert, I can't find any email confirmations. I looked through both credit cards of our point redemption, and can't find anything. Sad

Dave, a girl can hope! I actually had wondered if I shouldn't run Hamilton, b/c this is literally like the 3rd thing that's happened that doesn't seem to point in favor of it. And I do remember Onemile loving it. So that is reassuring, too (in addition to Docket's and LRB's recommendations)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

ROS, don't ask me since to me, those hills are hills. Ha.  Is less flat than Chicago, but not by too much.  There is a steep one by the university but it's short.

Damaris

LRB

LRB, say more about that, please. Smile I see there's a hill around like mile 15-18? 19?

Couldn't tell ya. My groin exploded and I only ran 8 miles. Result, DNF.

sdWhiskers

Well fuck.

Well fuck, is right.

You can't not run a marathon! General consensus seems to be Indy so there you go, problem solved

onemile

IMM is a great PR race. I have run it 3 times.  Flat. Fast. Cool. Maybe one little hill around mile 16? But really pretty flat

onemile

I ran just under 10 miles with 3MP, 2HMP, 1 at 10k with 3 minutes between.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

ROS, check your CC for those dates.  My husband once ended up paying for flights to Seattle and the dates were wrong.  I called AA and they couldn't find us on the flights but after checking the Amex I figured it out and we moved them to another race.  But it was like WTF we paid, I know it!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

The sun finally came out, for the first time this week. I ran 6.6 easy miles in town.

ROS - I take it you haven't registered for the race either?

Baboon - good luck with your race this weekend. It is too bad about the swimming, after all your hard work, but safety is key. Will the running or bike courses be affected by all the rain?