Beginners and Beyond

Feeling good FriDailies (Read 22 times)

Workday 3 flat mostly less slow, the 0.5 wiggly roadcrown hill.

legs/knee feeling fine after the fall; yesterday’s and today’s 3 flat was actually at  a fraction less slow pace than Monday which was the first I did this format.

upper body still cranky but those are just distractions

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

No run day for me. Did 20 minutes easy on the bike, some upper body weights and mobility/flexibility stuff. Legs were ready for a rest day. Happy Friday!

Daffy - glad you're feeling good!

delicate flower

Hey gang lmao!  I slept in this morning and got an extra 90 minutes of sleep.  Figured I needed it ahead of tomorrow's super early wake-up.  I'll run after work.

So for tomorrow's HM+9 miles, I figure I'll get up at 4:00 and go right to the nearest track to run 4-5 miles, then I'll eat breakfast and drink coffee while I drive the hour to the race.  I'll run the HM, then run the rest of my miles at the venue.  I don't want to wake up and go right there because then I'll be running in the dark.  At least the track has enough ambient street and parking lot light.

<3

LRB

Workday 3 flat mostly less slow, the 0.5 wiggly roadcrown hill.

legs/knee feeling fine after the fall; yesterday’s and today’s 3 flat was actually at  a fraction less slow pace than Monday which was the first I did this format.

upper body still cranky but those are just distractions

I like it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I am off today so heading to PT and then I have 9 with 3 X 2 miles @ Tempo. Tempted to run my LR today to get that out of the way but we'll see.

Hershey woke me up at 830 meowing like 30 times. Then he shut up and I went back to bed only to be woken up by some whiskers in my ear from the antisocial Sammy at 9:14am. I think they were hungry. Ha.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles.

sdWhiskers

woke me up at 830 

That probably hasn't happened to me since college, lol

Although I took today off and slept in. Running RD but we are heading to the golf course soon. Kid is in school and MrW and I are both off--feels like years since this last happened.

bluerun

Super B****

10 trainer miles and then decided screw that and headed out for 3.5 miles since my knees and hip seem to be working again. For the next few weeks, until they get destroyed again...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I ran 7.5.

I haven't run for that long on a weekday morning in forever so I felt like a different person when I got home!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I ran 7.5.

I haven't run for that long on a weekday morning in forever so I felt like a different person when I got home!

you're back! 

Cyberic

I ran 7.5.

Niiice!

I ran 7.5.

Cool

LRB

LRB & Docket, with soft shoes, I have gotten a weird double imapct (for lack of a better description). Basically, my foot hits the ground and then there is a split second of my foot sinking into the shoe. I can definitely see how this can cause issues. Those shoes got chucked from my rotation really quick. Thankfully Mizuno went back to firmer shoes for the 23s.

I had an impromptu sprint of about 70 yards this morning trying to catch the next cycle of a light while wearing the marshmallows. Being mindful of my previous issues while running fast in them, I purposely went fore-foot strike which completed negated the double bounce or push back into my knee. I suppose running with a slight forward lean would accomplish the same thing.

RunningOnSand

I slept in this morning and got an extra 90 minutes of sleep. 

RunningOnSand

Kid is in school and MrW and I are both off--feels like years since this last happened.

Date day! Have a blast!