Beginners and Beyond

Feeling good FriDailies (Read 22 times)

LRB

Am I crazy if I'm considering driving to Boston instead of taking the bus/train??

You're asking runners that? 🤣🤣

Probably would be a better overall experience not having to deal with all of that. I drove from San Diego to Sacramento for CIM. 

sdWhiskers

[edited} An FDA advisory panel endorsed a booster shot of the Pfizer vaccine for 65+, those with health conditions and healthcare workers. At a meeting I attended last week, 2 or three people, all likely over 65, said they walked into CVS and got a 3rd shot, no questions asked. I'm tempted other than I don't want a down day or two right now.

I know a few people who have gotten 3 shots. Several had the single J&J so followed that up with 2x Pfizer. One coworker did the Novavax clinical trial and data still has not been released about efficacy; he's considering getting additional doses as well.

MrW would be eligible for Shot #3 next week as a healthcare worker, however, having just had Covid, he'll probably wait another month or so.

sdWhiskers

Date day! Have a blast!

Thanks! After golf and lunch (at a restaurant!) I spent like 2 hours cleaning out my bedroom closet. I have approximately 35 race shirts to donate somewhere  And any remaining maternity clothes have also been removed (Kid is 8...).

bluerun

Super B****

You're asking runners that? 🤣🤣

Probably would be a better overall experience not having to deal with all of that. I drove from San Diego to Sacramento for CIM. 

San Diego to Sacramento is more than twice the distance I’m talking about here! That would truly be insane. 😶

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Am I crazy if I'm considering driving to Boston instead of taking the bus/train??

Driving a car anywhere in the vicinity of Boston is crazy.

Dave

LRB

San Diego to Sacramento is more than twice the distance I’m talking about here! That would truly be insane. 😶

Well, I've given you one end of the spectrum, now you just gotta find the other and settle somewhere in the middle!

DavePNW

Hey btw I did run today - 9 miles to make it 100 straight days. Everyone took my extra sleep though, I got maybe 3 hrs last night. I could not get to sleep, finally did and woke up at 5:30. I had a 6:30 conf call so ended up running from 7:30-9:00 and just being late to work. But I guess I wasn't late if I was already early. Anyway more importantly - DW & I went out to lunch. I had a breakfast burrito with pulled pork, eggs, hash browns, and salsa, with a side of pumpkin pancakes. Man was everything so good.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Driving a car anywhere in the vicinity of Boston is crazy.

I wouldn't use it IN Boston... I get enough of terrible city driving here, TYVM. I'm not actually staying in Boston proper so I won't ever have to drive there at all.

Well, I've given you one end of the spectrum, now you just gotta find the other and settle somewhere in the middle!

How do you settle in the middle of a yes/no proposition?!  (Honestly, one of the big allures of driving is that I get to avoid having to go to Penn Station to get the bus/train. Instead of dragging myself there and then back home again, I can start and end at my front door.)

chasing the impossible

LRB

Hey btw I did run today - 9 miles to make it 100 straight days.

9 for me.

That's an interesting combo with a burrito and pancakes. You must've plowed through one and then tackled the other?

Half Crazy K 2.0

ROS, great news!

sdWhiskers, hope golf wass fun!

bluerun, do you have to pay a ton in tolls to drive there?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

16 miles done. What I learned is that the Kilimanjaro HM is all uphill for the first half and that it's better to run the Boston Marathon course on the TM because it's cooler in the house, lol.

Damaris

LRB

How do you settle in the middle of a yes/no proposition?!

It gives you something to sleep on while you're having trouble sleeping!

bluerun

Super B****

bluerun, do you have to pay a ton in tolls to drive there?

Doesn't look like it... maybe $20 total roundtrip. My car gets great gas mileage, so even with the tolls, I'd probably end up paying less than for the bus (because if I do that, I would buy the refundable ticket). And definitely way less than the train.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

It gives you something to sleep on while you're having trouble sleeping!

Just what I need!!

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

9 for me.

That's an interesting combo with a burrito and pancakes. You must've plowed through one and then tackled the other?

This is a place we go to all the time. I have a few go-tos, but I had not had that burrito before and it jumped out at me. Most of the eggy breakfast things come with side of toast or pancakes; usually I get some kind of omelet with pancakes. My only hesitation with the burrito was that I assumed there was no side, because of the tortilla. So I was very pleasantly surprised when the waiter asked what I wanted on the side. Normally I just get their buttermilk pancakes, which are outstanding; not sure if the pumpkin pancakes are a seasonal thing or they've always been there. I ordered the buttermilk, then had buyer's remorse and ran after the waiter to change it. Anyway: the sequence was half of burrito, pancakes, other half of burrito, rest of pancakes (what was remaining after DW/DD had been scavenging throughout the meal). Honestly each of the two things was a full meal in itself, for normal people.

Dave