Beginners and Beyond

Bumbling ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

onemile

MUSCULAR INJURY, yes.  Not my fear.  Ergo, this assignment receives an incomplete, because it did not address how racing a 10K is worse in a skeletal sense than doing a long run.

Do you only get skeletal injuries?

bluerun

Super B****

Do you only get skeletal injuries?

No, but I've never gotten a muscular injury as a direct result of running "hard." They tend to just crop up whenever, for no particular reason.  And while all injuries suck, and make me extremely unhappy, the only one of which I literally live in terror is a fracture.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

LUBE UP.

Although, 100% chance of rain is the norm there isn't it?

Also, try another weather site. This is after all, the internet. Where opposing sides can find data to support their view up the wazoo. lol

Naturally I took to the internet to verify DaveP's outlandish claims, and he is indeed going to get wet.  And while I believe running a marathon in 50 degree rain is a big ol' pile of miserable bovinestool, it is also good PR weather.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Everything around here is open so we went out to lunch.  Still some minor wind and rain, but it looks like we will miss much.  But this is our radar right now.  That to the right is Matthew.  We are so fucking lucky.  I'm left of the black thingy and more South, by the road that takes West below 75.  I'm way inland to feel it.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Naturally I took to the internet to verify DaveP's outlandish claims, and he is indeed going to get wet.  And while I believe running a marathon in 50 degree rain is a big ol' pile of miserable bovinestool, it is also good PR weather.

Does it matter if it comes from the sky or sweat??

chasing the impossible

Baboon

delicate flower

Everything around here is open so we went out to lunch.  Still some minor wind and rain, but it looks like we will miss much.  But this is our radar right now.  That to the right is Matthew.  We are so fucking lucky.  I'm left of the black thingy and more South, by the road that takes West below 75.  I'm way inland to feel it.

Did I miss something or shouldn't you be catching a flight in the very near future?  Chicago!!  The Steel City.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did I miss something or shouldn't you be catching a flight in the very near future?  Chicago!!  The Steel City.

My flight leaves Saturday.  Good thing because I bet nothing is leaving this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Damaris

onemile

Does it matter if it comes from the sky or sweat??

One soaks your shoes and the other does not

bluerun

Super B****

Not for everyone

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

There was no rain my last two races on the rail trail. I was leaving wet foot prints because my shoes were totally soaked. My clothes easily tripled in wet. Lightning dry shorts, I call BS.

onemile

There was no rain my last two races on the rail trail. I was leaving wet foot prints because my shoes were totally soaked. My clothes easily tripled in wet. Lightning dry shorts, I call BS.

I have never sweated so much that my shoes were totally soaked. And I don't want to!

bluerun

Super B****

I have never sweated so much that my shoes were totally soaked. And I don't want to!

YOU haven't!  But some people do.  (I'm lucky enough not to be one of those people.  But I got wetter than I would have liked during the 18 mile tuneup because the saturated shorts of runners near me were flinging sweat droplets all over the place.  That was kind of icky.)

chasing the impossible

onemile

the saturated shorts of runners near me were flinging sweat droplets all over the place.  That was kind of icky.)

Ew ew ew ew ew

Baboon

delicate flower

YOU haven't!  But some people do.  (I'm lucky enough not to be one of those people.  But I got wetter than I would have liked during the 18 mile tuneup because the saturated shorts of runners near me were flinging sweat droplets all over the place.  That was kind of icky.)

My shoes have gotten fully soaked during July and August triathlons, due to the summer heat humidity.  Wet feet from the swim probably didn't help, but shoes don't get squishy in early season triathlons.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Ew ew ew ew ew

I KNOW!  If that won't spur you on to the finish line, I don't know what will

chasing the impossible