Beginners and Beyond

Bumbling ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

DavePNW

When I've gotten the most soaked, my standard 9" inseam shorts start flapping around like seal flippers. Maybe I should go with the 2" split shorts.

And I've never bodyglided my feet, although I've heard that's a thing to do. Don't your feet get slippery?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

And I've never bodyglided my feet, although I've heard that's a thing to do. Don't your feet get slippery?

I've done that -- just the tips of my toes or behind the Achilles.  You're wearing socks, where are your feet going to slip?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I've done that -- just the tips of my toes or behind the Achilles.  You're wearing socks, where are your feet going to slip?

In my socks?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

In my socks?

Then you need smaller socks.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Then you need smaller socks.

OK it might be fine, I'm just axing because I've never done it.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

If your feet are wet enough, they slip in socks.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In my socks?

I've always been afraid of that.  Even with smaller socks, they do move if there is moisture.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've actually had my socks slip down to where they bunched around my arch. They were no show socks that were fired after that race. I had to stop twice to pull them back up.

LRB

When I've gotten the most soaked, my standard 9" inseam shorts start flapping around like seal flippers. Maybe I should go with the 2" split shorts.

I use Vaseline and put that shit everywhere, including the heels, regardless of the conditions. And no, once you're running you don't notice it. If you get a blister or chafe though, you will notice that!

LRB

I have never sweated so much that my shoes were totally soaked. And I don't want to!

It depends on the distance, but there is a run or two every July or August where that happens. It's mostly a result of running in a dew point of 70+, and a temp of 75+ though. : or vice versa :

LRB

I've actually had my socks slip down to where they bunched around my arch. They were no show socks that were fired after that race. I had to stop twice to pull them back up.

Yep, the wrong brand of no shows will do that.

Reminds me of the tons of money I've wasted spent on running socks, shorts, singlets, jackets and shoes trying to get things right.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not for everyone

I agree with bluerun, I've sweated enough to soak my shoes..... and many times I've soaked my socks and the inside of my shoes while not the outside.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

I had a pair that I guess were getting old & unelasticky. I ran in the rain and didn't even notice them slipping down, but ended up with some serious chafing at the top of my heel, to the point of bloodstains on my shoe.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My socks hate me, you know that.  Dry, large, small, high, short, they all move all over the place.  Thank you, arthritis.

Anyway, some drizzle and nothing much.  I think 8pm will bring our highest winds in the 40mph range and hopefully that is it.  It's starting to turn West so it's heading to Ft. Lauderdale or just South of WPB.

Damaris

Cyberic

I use Vaseline and put that shit everywhere, including the heels, regardless of the conditions. And no, once you're running you don't notice it. If you get a blister or chafe though, you will notice that!

For a marathon, I use a lot of body glide, including between my toes and all around my forefoott. Feels a bit weird for the first 5 seconds of the walk to the starting line, and then you start thinking about other stuff and that's it. No blisters, yet, although I did not run a wet marathon. For a wet marathon, I would go with vaseline, as it is more tenacious than body glide. But maybe I would not get blisters without the lube. Never tried that, and won't if I can avoid it.