Beginners and Beyond

Bad Math TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I never tried it on the bicep.  Not sure if the strap is long enough.  I'll try it this evening.  Thanks for the info!

I have pretty small arms, so it fits for me, but I think the straps come in different sizes, no?  I seem to remember there were a couple of extras in the box.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Interesting. I've never had a run where I've noticed that to be the case. Do you wear it on the upper arm or lower arm? I always do upper.

It does occasionally get "stuck" at the same HR for an hour

Well, I haven't noticed it since I switched to wearing it on my bicep, so that might be why it's never happened to you.  Maybe your heart is just a metronome!

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

(I live in a new hood).

Where'd you move? Close to where you were, or somewhere else?

So, with as shitty as things have been, wondering if I should just scale back everything, plus getting up around 12:30 AM after 3 hours of sleep and not being able to go back to sleep, today's 12 miler was surprisingly not too awful. A couple slow, creaky warmup miles, but then paces around 9ish, which is downright brisk by my current standards. I'll take it.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I have pretty small arms, so it fits for me, but I think the straps come in different sizes, no?  I seem to remember there were a couple of extras in the box.

Mine only came with two straps - one for the wrist and one for the forearm.  I wish I had smaller arms, then maybe I'd be a faster runner. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

DavePNW

Also, the thread title makes me want to sing this:

Bad math, you gotta live it every day

Let the broken hearts stand as the price you've gotta pay

Keep pushing till it's understood, and this bad math starts treating us good

Dave

LRB

So was the track open or not, omg.

It was today, although for some reason, I don't think it usually is.

What I don't want is to jog up there for a speed session and find it locked, but I guess the only way to know for certain is to jog up there for a speed session and find out...

bluerun

Super B****

Mine only came with two straps - one for the wrist and one for the forearm.  I wish I had smaller arms, then maybe I'd be a faster runner. 

Maybe the one I'm using as a forearm band is supposed to be the wrist band?!  I've never seen anyone wearing a Scosche on their wrist before, I don't think that's how they go.  I'll have to dig up the box and see if I still have the other one somewhere.  (And FTR, my arms are bigger than they used to be; I was slower then.  There goes your theory!)

chasing the impossible

LRB

Where'd you move? Close to where you were, or somewhere else?

Still in the Heights but now only a 7 minute drive from work or more importantly, a 2.5 mile jog (previously, that was a 20 minute drive or an 8.5 mile jog).

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Also, the thread title makes me want to sing this:

Bad math, you gotta live it every day

Let the broken hearts stand as the price you've gotta pay

Keep pushing till it's understood, and this bad math starts treating us good

I might sing if not for the lack of sunlight leading to such Darkness.  ;-)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

It was today, although for some reason, I don't think it usually is.

What I don't want is to jog up there for a speed session and find it locked, but I guess the only way to know for certain is to jog up there for a speed session and find out...

Unless there is barbed wire on the fence, the track is always open.

<3

RunningOnSand

Good afternoon, runners of the inter webs.

DST always sucks for morning running (the spring forward). Soon enough it'll be light outside at the ass crack of dawn. Along with the birds chirping, telling us to get the hell out of bed.

I've never heard of the HR monitor you guys are referring to. I "use" my Garmin 235's wrist monitor, which, as you guys might know or guess, isn't very reliable.

I ran 5 again. Netflix brought forth another season of Better Call Saul, and it's starting to really get good. i'm grateful for Netflix, b/c what the hell do other people do on the TM? I'm getting so sick of running on it, as this weather blows. So much more snow, and we almost had none before. I think next week it's supposed to be in the mid-50s so hopefully it'll all melt off then.

bluerun

Super B****

I've never heard of the HR monitor you guys are referring to. I "use" my Garmin 235's wrist monitor, which, as you guys might know or guess, isn't very reliable.

At least, that's what I'm talking about... I assume we all meant the same thing, but you know what they say about assumptions!

chasing the impossible

Bert-o

I lost my rama

At least, that's what I'm talking about... I assume we all meant the same thing, but you know what they say about assumptions!

Mine is the same.  Apples.... we're talking apples.

3/17 - NYC Half

bluerun

Super B****

BTW, how's this for last minute... I still have no idea how I'm getting to Boston.

chasing the impossible

Bert-o

I lost my rama

BTW, how's this for last minute... I still have no idea how I'm getting to Boston.

Take the Usain Bolt Bus.

3/17 - NYC Half