Beginners and Beyond

Bad Math TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Take the Usain Bolt Bus.

Yeah, I'm told that since I've never been on a Bolt bus that broke down before, I'm due for it.  I guess I shouldn't take the train either, since I've never been on one that's derailed.  I have, however, been on a plane that experienced engine failure, so according to this reasoning... I should fly.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Unless there is barbed wire on the fence, the track is always open.

One would think. 

Say, you lovin' the Donkey Kong Suh signing?

LRB

BTW, how's this for last minute... I still have no idea how I'm getting to Boston.

It must not be a big deal then. Otherwise, you'd be flippin' the hellout right now, while simultaneously, driving us nuts. lol

bluerun

Super B****

It must not be a big deal then. Otherwise, you'd be flippin' the hellout right now, while simultaneously, driving us nuts. lol

More like I don't actually believe I'm doing it, so... yeah.

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

Mine is the same.  Apples.... we're talking apples.

Yes, same here. I like it a lot and wear it for almost all runs. My only negative is that I wish it would tell me when it was almost dead. I usually charge it 1-2x a week but sometimes forget and then it looks like I died during my run!

bluerun

Super B****

Yes, same here. I like it a lot and wear it for almost all runs. My only negative is that I wish it would tell me when it was almost dead. I usually charge it 1-2x a week but sometimes forget and then it looks like I died during my run!

I think it does tell you... it starts blinking red.  Which it also does when your HR is super high, but if it's not and it's red... battery's going.

chasing the impossible

LRB

More like I don't actually believe I'm doing it, so... yeah.

Ruh-ro! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yeah, I'm told that since I've never been on a Bolt bus that broke down before, I'm due for it.  I guess I shouldn't take the train either, since I've never been on one that's derailed.  I have, however, been on a plane that experienced engine failure, so according to this reasoning... I should fly.

There's also the ferry via Martha's Vineyard.  I know you can swim. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

delicate flower

Say, you lovin' the Donkey Kong Suh signing?

Heck yes!  Until he stomps on somebody's face or tears their testicles off.  They need to pay Aaron Donald though.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

So... I have to swim to Martha's Vineyard??  I haven't taken my underwater navigator course yet.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've found that mine DOES lock on cadence sometimes.

Hmmm, I wonder if my TomTom can do that sometimes as well.  I mean, here I am running at 120HR and all of a sudden the watch goes to 170-180 and stays there for a while.  How can you tell if it locks, comparing the cadence with the HR on that particular mile?

Been in court covering for a coworker who got pneumonia while on vacation and is currently in the hospital.  FFS.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

At least, that's what I'm talking about... I assume we all meant the same thing, but you know what they say about assumptions!

Nice. This is the same one that OrangeTheory uses (obviously theirs is orange) and it's pretty good most of the time (I don't think theirs measure cadence, though, but I'm not versed in this shit).

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ooh, the one I'm taking to run their marathon in May. Smile

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hmmm, I wonder if my TomTom can do that sometimes as well.  I mean, here I am running at 120HR and all of a sudden the watch goes to 170-180 and stays there for a while.  How can you tell if it locks, comparing the cadence with the HR on that particular mile?

Been in court covering for a coworker who got pneumonia while on vacation and is currently in the hospital.  FFS.

Yup, that's cadence lock.  It irks me so much that I will stop for a little while to allow the watch to pick up HR again, since there's no cadence if I'm standing still.

3/17 - NYC Half

Bert-o

I lost my rama

So... I have to swim to Martha's Vineyard??  I haven't taken my underwater navigator course yet.

LOL.  You can if you want to, but there's a ferry NYC -> Martha's and another ferry Martha's -> Boston.  I mentioned swimming in case the ferry hits an iceberg or something like that (I get the sense you're a bit superstitious).

3/17 - NYC Half