Beginners and Beyond

Bad Math TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

bluerun

Super B****

LOL.  You can if you want to, but there's a ferry NYC -> Martha's and another ferry Martha's -> Boston.  I mentioned swimming in case the ferry hits an iceberg or something like that (I get the sense you're a bit superstitious).

Seasonal, apparently.  (And I'm not the one who started stressing about the bus breaking down, my friend is!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

BTW, how's this for last minute... I still have no idea how I'm getting to Boston.

I took the Mega Bus from NYC to Boston a couple of years ago.  Super cheap and on time.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yup, that's cadence lock.  It irks me so much that I will stop for a little while to allow the watch to pick up HR again, since there's no cadence if I'm standing still.

It's interesting because it mostly happens on the TM and I always thought it was the big fan shooting lots of air near it.  And it explains it since in 5 seconds it would be back down to the 110-130.

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

It's interesting because it mostly happens on the TM and I always thought it was the big fan shooting lots of air near it.  And it explains it since in 5 seconds it would be back down to the 110-130.

That's not too bad if it goes back in 5 seconds or so.  No need to stop or make adjustments or start swearing. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

KCRuns

4.68 slow and easy TM miles.

I think I have plantar faciitis or something (I'm okay running after I warm up).  I have commenced Google research and searching the forums.  I'm seeing lots of ideas, but the amount of information and number of tricks that worked for one person but nobody else is a little overwhelming.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

4.68 slow and easy TM miles.

I think I have plantar faciitis or something (I'm okay running after I warm up).  I have commenced Google research and searching the forums.  I'm seeing lots of ideas, but the amount of information and number of tricks that worked for one person but nobody else is a little overwhelming.

Have you tried switching insoles?  I had it pretty bad a couple years ago.  Started using Superfeet Green (match the color to your arch profile) and no issues with PF ever since.  Hope it gets better.

3/17 - NYC Half

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's not too bad if it goes back in 5 seconds or so.  No need to stop or make adjustments or start swearing. 

Oh, sorry, I meant that once it unlocks after being high for a while it goes back down to 110-120 in less than 5 seconds, so it's not like I'm having a heart attack and then getting to 100% in those 5 seconds.  It has just always felt fake (the high HR) when it does that.  It is not often that it does but I never thought it could be reading the wrong thing.

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Oh, sorry, I meant that once it unlocks after being high for a while it goes back down to 110-120 in less than 5 seconds, so it's not like I'm having a heart attack and then getting to 100% in those 5 seconds.  It has just always felt fake (the high HR) when it does that.  It is not often that it does but I never thought it could be reading the wrong thing.

Gotcha.  Permission granted to start swearing then.  

3/17 - NYC Half

KCRuns

Have you tried switching insoles?  I had it pretty bad a couple years ago.  Started using Superfeet Green (match the color to your arch profile) and no issues with PF ever since.  Hope it gets better.

I have had very low levels of pain there for maybe a year, but it didn't really bother me and never got any worse.  In the last week or so it has gotten much worse.  I bought the gel cushion heel inserts based on a thread in the health section of the forums.  They have helped, but not solved the problem, but I'm trying to be patient, maybe it takes time.  I've used KT tape, which I already had on hand.  It helped some, but not enough.

I saw someone else mentioned Sole insoles and I've also read about using the Superfeet Green.  But I just read about both of those today, so I haven't tried them yet, but I will order one of them today.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I saw someone else mentioned Sole insoles and I've also read about using the Superfeet Green.  But I just read about both of those today, so I haven't tried them yet, but I will order one of them today.

Just FYI.  The Superfeet insoles are pretty stiff, meaning they'll provide much more support than regular insoles or gel insoles.  I think that's the key in that it will prevent your arch from collapsing while running.  But that's just theory on my part.  All I know is it works for me (and some others).

3/17 - NYC Half

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Gotcha.  Permission granted to start swearing then.  

Oh, I didn't know I need permission to swear.  Been doing this wrong for decades!  

Damaris

I'm way behind, but based on today's news: Bert is so swole his HR monitor is too small; Blue needs a ride; Baboon is really good at climbing fences, assuming no barbed wire; Cy may have sworn off the internets; ROS is the reluctant queen of TM entertainment picks; Whiskers and I both hate the dark, but not complaining because warm; and LRB moved to a new hood.  Oh, and Dave is back to fast.  I probably missed some stuff, but there's a lot happening around here.  Lauren, YES, we can be besties who drink heavily and make fun of our kids.  I need more of this in my life.

I did have a good time at the LRS group.  I found a lady who wanted to run around my pace, she's running Boston so we discussed that for most of the "out."  We picked up another gal at the turnaround, she's into trail running and had some great stories that she entertained us with on the "back."  So 5 miles of fun running with actual live humans.  Bonus, I can say with confidence that my easy pace really is conversational.  I want to go again tomorrow, but there's a lot going on, so that may or may not be in the cards.

I've been insanely busy the last few days with cleaning, packing for the weekend (spent the holiday with my in-laws), unpacking, and now there's a couple guys ripping out my 1967 windows and replacing them with windows that don't leak, and actually open and close properly.  We moved in 8 1/2 years ago, and this has been a goal since day 1.  FINALLY!!!!!!!  Oh yeah, and my mom is here for the week because the kids are off school.  So it's a little (a lot) nuts.  I've run a couple times, this morning got in 5 at some sort of tempo-ish pace with dogbreath.  Tomorrow may be with the group, and it may be a double.

KCRuns

Just FYI.  The Superfeet insoles are pretty stiff, meaning they'll provide much more support than regular insoles or gel insoles.  I think that's the key in that it will prevent your arch from collapsing while running.  But that's just theory on my part.  All I know is it works for me (and some others).

Thanks for the recommendation!  I just ordered them and they arrive tomorrow Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 gray and damp miles. Supposed to be spring like for maybe a day. The weather fucks are talking about possible snow on Saturday. WTF.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Since I moved Pilates to tomorrow, I was able to hock the TM before my husband tonight. 9 done.

Damaris