Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 47 times)

LRB

$8 a photo isn't bad.  

+1

If that were the actual cost, I'm not sure you would hear a single complaint from most people. Instead, they approach $20 per pic (sometimes more), and oftentimes you can only get one at that price.

Luckily for me, 99% of my race pics are God awful. lol But on the rare occasion there is a decent one, it can cost as much as half of the price of the race FFS.

onemile

Mr. O's parents bought me the CD with all of the images from Boston.  They were awful and I didn't even want them. 

(but it was a very thoughtful thing for them to do)

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

7 done this morning, hill sprints this evening.

Andrea, that's a good thing when you miss passing a milestone because you're focused while passing another milestone, congrats! 

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning everyone!!

7 done this morning, hill sprints this evening.

Andrea, that's a good thing when you miss passing a milestone because you're focused while passing another milestone, congrats! 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lol true, which means I reached/passed two milestones last week!! Sweet!   

Sometime before December I've got to start on my hill runs, I'd like to get them in once a week at John James Audubon State Park, just not sure where to place it in the week..... because the 3-4 mile loop has anywhere between 675-900 feet of elevation gain and it currently kicks my ass lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Lol true, which means I reached/passed two milestones last week!!

Just delete the 51.3 miles, start a thread celebrating the milestone, then add them back the next day. How hard can it be?  

LRB

I sit in a square at work that has 3 cubicles in it. The guy furthest from me got sick last week. Now, the guy closest to me (who is a health nut and is never sick) is hacking up a lung.

I don't like where this story is headed.

onemile

I sit in a square at work that has 3 cubicles in it. The guy furthest from me got sick last week. Now, the guy closest to me (who is a health nut and is never sick) is hacking up a lung.

I'd get a medical mask to wear.

onemile

Hey DaveP, the Ravenna 6 is on sale for $79 at RWH.  I just ordered a pair.

Zelanie

I sit in a square at work that has 3 cubicles in it. The guys around me don't take care of themselves so they're sick all the time.

Better?

Also, hiya everyone!  Had some fun at work yesterday by wearing a morph suit and spray-dying my hair since the 5th graders beat me at running last Friday.   The fun part is, they went out and ran in the rain and even had fun doing it since they had a little friendly competition!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Just delete the 51.3 miles, start a thread celebrating the milestone, then add them back the next day. How hard can it be?  

Lol. I'll just wait until the next milestone Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

I've got a double to do today, and run #1 is complete.  Both runs were supposed to be easy, but I felt great this morning so I just went with it.  7 miles at 7:10 pace, with the last 6 miles at 7:03 pace.  We'll call it a tempo effort, though it wasn't quite that hard.  According to my log, this is the fastest non-treadmill training run I have ever had.  Weird but awesome.     

<3

workinprogress11

Eek!  Mask for sure and disinfect all of the things!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Just popping in to say hi! It's been awhile. I owe you guys my NYC Marathon race report.....working on it Wink

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Lol true, which means I reached/passed two milestones last week!! Sweet!   

Sometime before December I've got to start on my hill runs, I'd like to get them in once a week at John James Audubon State Park, just not sure where to place it in the week..... because the 3-4 mile loop has anywhere between 675-900 feet of elevation gain and it currently kicks my ass lol.

Hills are great!  The hill work I've been doing has definitely made me stronger, I would say it's the reason for my recent 25sec 5k PR (the bodyweight workouts are probably helping too, but I'd say it's mostly the hill work, nothing else has changed in my routine).

Better?

Also, hiya everyone!  Had some fun at work yesterday by wearing a morph suit and spray-dying my hair since the 5th graders beat me at running last Friday.   The fun part is, they went out and ran in the rain and even had fun doing it since they had a little friendly competition!

Pics or it didn't happen!   That's great, love seeing kids being more active!

Just popping in to say hi! It's been awhile. I owe you guys my NYC Marathon race report.....working on it Wink

Yes you do!  Congrats again!!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic