Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are onward and upward (Read 39 times)

onemile

OK, what is this now?

When you flip your wrist to check your garmin, the light automatically turns on.

onemile

OK, what is this now?

MTA: I can't think of anything I need that I don't get from my 220.

Wifi upload

DavePNW

When you flip your wrist to check your garmin, the light automatically turns on.

Well I didn't miss it till just now when I found out it existed. I suppose it would come in handy since I run in the dark most of the time.

The 220 has bluetooth, and syncs with GC on my phone, so I have all the connectivity I need. Not sure what I would use the wifi for.

Dave

Cyberic

We It was discussed a couple, few times in the dailies, but onemile is correct, it's not a "must-have" over the 620. Whereas the 620 was leaps and bounds better than my 410, which was okay in its own right.

I was kidding. Although it's the first feature I hear I would like to have that my 620 doesn't have, it's not worth the upgrade dollars. I have my 620's light on for every alert and button press which is ok. This wrist turn would be perfect, though, and perfect is an upgrade from ok.

With the price of the 630 on sale, that I didn't buy, I purchased an Android phone to replace my Windows phone. Now THAT is going to be useful for the same amount of $. Bought a Moto G4 plus, that should come in by UPS tomorrow.

onemile

Well I didn't miss it till just now when I found out it existed. I suppose it would come in handy since I run in the dark most of the time.

The 220 has bluetooth, and syncs with GC on my phone, so I have all the connectivity I need. Not sure what I would use the wifi for.

Wifi upload requires zero messing around. As soon as I press save on my workout, it is uploaded automatically and I have to do nothing. When I want to upload via bluetooth, I have to enable bluetooth on my phone, open the connect app, and hope that it recognizes that it's connected and uploads.  If it doesn't, I have to turn bluetooth off/on a bunch of times to try to get it to see my watch. It's nice to have when travelling but I don't want to have to do that every day to upload my workout.

LRB

Well I didn't miss it till just now when I found out it existed.

lol

I upload the same as you, BT. 

LRB

Wifi upload requires zero messing around. As soon as I press save on my workout, it is uploaded automatically and I have to do nothing. When I want to upload via bluetooth, I have to enable bluetooth on my phone, open the connect app, and hope that it recognizes that it's connected and uploads.  If it doesn't, I have to turn bluetooth off/on a bunch of times to try to get it to see my watch. It's nice to have when travelling but I don't want to have to do that every day to upload my workout.

All true.

I run from multiple places and since I log my run IMMEDIATELY, it's bluetooth for me.

onemile

All true.

I run from multiple places and since I log my run IMMEDIATELY, it's bluetooth for me.

If I run by where I work (like I did last night) or at the indoor track, I just wait til I get home and it uploads the second I walk in the door, even if my watch has gone to sleep.  Only if I am not going to be home for a day or more, then I do the BT

Cyberic

If I run by where I work (like I did last night) or at the indoor track, I just wait til I get home and it uploads the second I walk in the door, even if my watch has gone to sleep.  Only if I am not going to be home for a day or more, then I do the BT

I put in the WiFi from home and from work in my 620. Unless I'm traveling, I don't even think about uploading to Garmin. I'm surprised when it doesn't upload, which happens when they change the password at work.

DavePNW

Better for me for it to operate with my phone. I have heard people complaining about the bluetooth being finicky, but it's been working OK for me. After my run, I get my phone which I'd do anyway, open the app, hit save on my watch, and boom, it syncs. Once in a while some glitchy stuff happens, but not often enough for it to be a problem. I always stretch 10-15 min post-run anyway, so during that time I use my phone as a timer for my stretching, sync with GC which immediately goes to RA, update the workout in the RA log, and post about it in the dailies.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I never used that auto upload with Bluetooth, since I usually come into the house to pick water, etc. during my LRs.  Last thing I would need is the workout to upload at Mile 7 or 14 or whatever.

Went to the dentist at lunch for my cleaning.  That was non-painful and fast.  Will wonder never cease.

Damaris

No more marathons

The wifi upload is an interesting option.

I have the Garmin Vivoactive which connects thru the app on my phone with GC.  If the phone is near me when I'm done with my run I'll usually get a "your activity is ready to view" message within 15 or 30 seconds.

The text and e-mail notifications is a nice plus, but what I really like about this watch is that I wear it all the time, and only need to charge it once a week.  (That's with about 4 hours of activity time).  The other thing I really like is that it take about 10 seconds to get a satellite connection.

The one thing I don't like is a couple of times after I've started a run the watch will reset.  Not sure why it does that - fortunately it's never been during a race.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

I never used that auto upload with Bluetooth, since I usually come into the house to pick water, etc. during my LRs.  Last thing I would need is the workout to upload at Mile 7 or 14 or whatever.

Went to the dentist at lunch for my cleaning.  That was non-painful and fast.  Will wonder never cease.

It doesn't upload it until you press Save. You don't press Save until you are done

No more marathons

6.1 and it looks like the last vestige of my cold is gone.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

To get text/email notifications, you have to carry your phone with you right?