Beginners and Beyond

For lack of a better word - TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

cjones1

SRD today.  It was super nice to sleep until 6:30.  Amazing, my body is like clockwork.  After 4 consecutive days, it says WTF are you doing.  You're taking a day off.  Every single time.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yep, I think whatever bug I had is finally gone. I am feeling much better than even yesterday, but I wasn't able to give it 100% at the gym this morning after my run so I know my body is still recovering.

Hope everyone else has a great last day of March, even with bad weather whatever.

Rocky and I ran 5.4 miles this morning, a slowish/easy pace for me. Then I changed clothes and headed to the gym for 53 minutes and focused on Biceps, Triceps and Chest though I skipped the incline loaded plate press due to it being very busy at this point.

Standing Dumbbell Curls: 20lbsX20reps, 22.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX20reps, 22.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX10reps, 22.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX10reps

Standing Triceps Cable Pulldown: 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps

Fly Delt: 60lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 65lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 65lbsX8reps, 70lbsX8reps

Triceps Extensions: 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX10reps, 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX10reps, 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX10reps

Standing Barbell Curls: 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 50lbsX6reps, 35lbsX12reps, 50lbsX6reps, 40lbsX12reps

Machine Chest Press: 60lbsX12reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX10reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX10reps, 65lbsX8reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You dont get thunderstorms in Michigan?

People don't run through thunderstorms? I wouldn't run for 5 months if I did that.

Damaris

Zelanie

We have thunderstorms in the forecast, so I might just run inside if that happens.   Otherwise it is 3 x 1600 at the track.

LRB

Yesterday was an easy day. Tomorrow is a rest day and Thursday is tempo day. Followed by easy,  easy, long.  They didn't recommend racing at all. There should never be 2 days in a row of hard effort. There's always supposed to be an easy day in between. I'm over thinking this i know. eegad

No you are doing great. And it's prudent to cancel today's quality run 48 hours after a half, with a tempo run due in another 48 hours.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Find an indoor track or a tm or something if t-storms. I've known people who've been struck by lightning. Never wise. Sad

But I'm lucky to have access to a tm. Not everyone does. But for goodness sake please be careful If you're gonna run through it anyway.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is concerning that I am not weather stalking for next week but pollution stalking.  Sigh.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Thunderstorm = treadmill for me. Or twaek schedule. Most of my run is under trees or power lines, not a good place to be in a storm.

LRB

I have not run in an actual thunderstorm but did hear a loud ass crack of thunder once while running in the rain. Talk about instant fartlek? My ass was gone Jack! 

B-Plus

Heading out for a workout. I feel like it's been forever since I've done the early morning thang. 2 x 4 mile @ a bit faster than MP is the goal.

The wind kicked my ass.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not run in an actual thunderstorm but did hear a loud ass crack of thunder once while running in the rain. Talk about instant fartlek? My ass was gone Jack! 

LOL.  I have that sometimes while running in the rain (which lasts 5-6 months here).  Thunder is not that common lately, but sometimes you are 3 miles from home and BAM you hear one 5-10 miles away.  Sheesh.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I get weather alerts via text. I got one about 1.5 miles from home for my county, which could mean it is 50 miles away or gonna happen right now. It was immement. Wound up calling DH to pick me up and the skies opened as we were heading home.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

It's been a crazy few days for me.  Let's go back to Friday first, I got rearended on my way home from work on my last day in my old job, crazy.  I'm ok, the car is mostly ok, creased the bumper a lil and cracked the pain, but it took the hit really well, I faired better than the E250 van that hit me.  Messed up his bumper bad and pushed it all the way back onto the tire, crazy.  His insurance is paying for everything, so that's good.  I was a lil sore the next day, but not too bad, I went to the doc immediately after the accident tho, just to get checked out to be safe, everything was good.  So then the next day, I moved down to SC.  I'm staying at my brother's while I get the new house ready (cleaning/painting/etc.).  I was dreading the hills here, but turns out, I really like them!  It really keeps the run interesting, power up a hill, fly down the backside, it's great.  Plus it's in the 70s and sunny, so I'm getting an early start on my tan. Smile

Hope ya'll have a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Little Blue

Hahahaha!  (wish we still had the rolling smiley head).

3.25 miles under brilliant blue skies.  Overall, my usual easy pace (which is slightly slower than most of you window shop. )  But all systems felt OK, so I'm calling it good.

Ric-G

6 miles this morning...more demo this evening...have a great day everyone!

d2 - glad you're ok and the hills aren't too bad

marathon pr - 3:16