Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

lrb - you "go" first

Oh yeah....

7.4 miles for me this morning w/ 9 strides, and it could arguably be called one of my best runs of the year.  I just felt so strong and fluid throughout, it was almost without effort if that makes sense.  I wore my new SJ33's and man those things are the shiz, I freakin' nailed it when I chose them.

For my last and final stride, I made a 177 meter dash through the parking lot at work and got some of the weirdest looks ever!  lol

I will finally say it; I am back!  Cool

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

Man, it's cold here, as well. It will be down to 60 today!!  Wink  I am all packed and ready for my 6-7 hour drive in the morning to Tucson. The packet pickup is tomorrow and I am staying with some friends and then a hotel on Saturday and Sunday. Let the carb load begin!!  Thanks for the support and I will try to send an update.  LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!

Pinktastic

Good luck, Jack!   I'm excited for you!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

LRB – Thanks for starting us off this morning!  What’s on your agenda for today (besides coffee)?

Penne pasta in garlic and olive oil here shortly, otherwise known as F***IN YUMMO!

Boon, I am as excited as you for your race this weekend!

Hi Step!

Get better D!

Hi Zel, guess what I am thinking about?  Roll eyes

Hi Blue!  It was 57 degrees for my run this morning.  Something tells me you took my weather and I took yours.  Not for long though, it is already 40 degrees and will drop to 19 by tomorrow!

Hang in there Marj!

Supp Ric and Scott!

Hey Drew, 0 degrees?  DAYUM!

Supp Jack, carb-loading is fun!

Speaking of that, my meal just arrived.  See ya!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Good luck Jack!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Had to get my 1 mile streak run in by running around our shipping tables - 11 minute run so I hope it was a mile.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DRIVE?  Jack is driving for 6 hours before his marathon?  I can barely drive 2 hours before I want to quit.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?

I saw that weRD on your post and read that as code for 'wednesday REST DAY"....and then realized after I did my post...it is Thursday, lol....duhhh.....Blush

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I've got my one cold gear shirt.  I was looking at buying another, but those aren't cheap!  Well, I've got a couple older ones, Zelanie, that I could donate to you, they are still functional...but they would probably be huge on you, as my 'maximum density' is much larger than yours.

Glad your hip is getting somewhat better, Marjorie.

25 degrees...dang, outoftheblue!  If I were one of those chickens I'd just stick inside the coop, lol.

Andrew wins for the coldest temp, I think.  Where are you again, Andrew...Canada? Wink  ZERO...good lord...I just couldn't do it.  Well, I did when I was a LOT younger, but these days, no way...my old bones seem to feel the cold more as I age...

Are you still eating turkey leftovers, Ric?

Safe drive in the morning, Jack!  The camera is packed, right, for all the Great Legs photos?  Joking   Good luck with your race!  Looking foward to your report.  Posted about 3 hours post-race, right? Wink

Congrats on being back, LRB!

Had to get my 1 mile streak run in by running around our shipping tables.  OK, FreeSoul, that makes for quite a mental picture, lol.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My races for December, closing out the year with a bang....

Dec 7 @ 9 a.m, San Marcos, TX:  Sights and Sounds of Christmas 5K - race # 70 for 2013

Dec 7 @ 4 p.m, San Antonio.:  Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell 5K - race #71 for 2013

Dec 8 @ 5 p.m, San Antonio:  Wounded Warrior Project Wine and Dine 5K - race #72 for 2013

Dec 14@ 8 a.m., Gruene, TX:  St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital 5K - race #73 for 2013

Dec 21@ 8:30 a.m., Camp Mabry TX:  Marine Corps Toys for Tots 5K - race #74 for 2013

Dec 21 @ 6 PM - New Braunfels TX:  Madeline Memorial 5K Christmas Lights Stroll Run/Walk - race #75 for 2013

And that will give me a total of 75 races for 2013, which is one more race than I did in 2012.   Although...there IS an evening 5K on Dec 14th too...so if I add that one also....  Joking

LRB

Penne pasta in garlic and olive oil here shortly, otherwise known as F***IN YUMMO!

I walked out of the restaurant, burped, then a bat fell from the sky and hit me in the face!  lol

LRB

DRIVE?  Jack is driving for 6 hours before his marathon?  I can barely drive 2 hours before I want to quit.

I drove 6 hours before my first marathon in Charlevoix.  Ya kind of do what you have to do.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I drove 6 hours before my first marathon in Charlevoix.  Ya kind of do what you have to do.

There are things called airplanes, you know.

And now I'm hungry and I want your food.

Damaris

LRB

You are cute.  There is no commercial service from the Metro Detroit area to northern Michigan, and if you were able to somehow manage it you would spend about a billion dollars.

I have actually been good food-wise today, yesterday though I was such a fat greasy pig that I could not even look at myself in the mirror!  OINK!

StepbyStep-SH

That depends on where your starting and ending points are. Sometimes what you can drive in 6 hours would take 18+ hours of puddle-jumper flights and layovers, and still have to drive 2-3 hours, if you tried to fly. Trust me.

I have driven 7+ hours on the day before the race for 4 of my marathons and ultras.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.