Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 37 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Oh - I did get out and run 6.25 miles at midday - 16*, feels like -2* at the time. As long as I wasn't going right into the wind, it was actually pretty pleasant with plenty of sunshine.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That depends on where your starting and ending points are. Sometimes what you can drive in 6 hours would take 18+ hours of puddle-jumper flights and layovers, and still have to drive 2-3 hours, if you tried to fly. Trust me.

I have driven 7+ hours on the day before the race for 4 of my marathons and ultras.

I agree and I have driven up to 5 hours without going crazy.  But that is why most of my races are in bigger cities because past 4-5 hours, I cannot go in a car.  Which is why we don't know how we're going to put 5 cats in one car with us on the long trek home.  Should be fun.  I might even FB while hubby drives.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

DRIVE?  Jack is driving for 6 hours before his marathon?  I can barely drive 2 hours before I want to quit.

I don't mind the drive, I actually kind of like it. Most of our big summer trips are done in the car. One year we went to Glacier NP and over to the San Juan Islands in WA. 4,000 miles in one trip! This drive will be nice because I have never seen that part of the country, I will be alone to just veg out, I can stop when I want, and without DDs being with me, I can listen to whatever I want on my satellite radio. No One Direction, Lady Gaga, etc... I can crank Soundgarden, U2, Van Halen (David Lee Roth only), and whatever else I want. It will be cool.

Thanks for the good luck wishes. Smile

LRB

Hey everybody, I am drinking!  Cool

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LMAO!! What are you drinking? Come Sunday night, I will be joining you.

LRB

LMAO!! What are you drinking? Come Sunday night, I will be joining you.

A Cabernet by Dancing Bull. It is an inexpensive but tasty and delicious way to unwind during the week.  I usually have Hoffmans pepper jack cheese and sesame seed crackers with it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Coincidentally, so am I.

Damaris

LRB

Coincidentally, so am I.

My kindred spirit.  Anyone else?

StepbyStep-SH

Probably not tonight, but I did have a Captain and Coke last night. And Saturday I will have something - especially if I get my long run in that morning.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

I've had Dancing Bull Cabernet and thought it was pretty good.  I'm not drinking yet, but I have a meyer lemon in the fridge that is just begging to be made into a vodka martini.  I better get dinner organized before I start down that path, tho.

Life is good.

LRB

Two gorgeous ladies after my own heart!  Stop it you two!  Blush

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am hoping that the forecast is true and we'll have 3-4 inches of snow by Friday night, if that is the case I will change my long run to Saturday instead of Sunday so Rocky and I can run the trails in fresh powdery snow!!! I am so excited, I hope they are right.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Since I didn't run and I don't need to cook, second martini coming right up.

We were going to pick tripletas up, a Puerto Rican sandwich, but the guy's grandfather died, so we'll just have Mexican from our favorite place.  But here is what a tripleta looks like.  Be very jealous.  It does taste 100% better than it looks.

Damaris

Yugo18

Easy 10 in 70 degrees and humidity.  What kind of freak weather is this, even for Atlanta?  It was in the 30s and 40s just a few days ago.

LRB

I am hoping that the forecast is true and we'll have 3-4 inches of snow by Friday night, if that is the case I will change my long run to Saturday instead of Sunday so Rocky and I can run the trails in fresh powdery snow!!! I am so excited, I hope they are right.

Snow makes my achilles unhappy.  You can have it!  lol

That's a big ass sandwich D!