Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #148 (Read 30 times)

Have you noticed that people talking with masks on sounds like the adults talking on Charlie Brown shows?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04&fbclid=IwAR1UijpBpvPWPIt2n44uUZUQ-rarF5lAdtxjLI2sS1SSbiU9NEINWLinw_Y

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have 8 with strides and a mat Pilates session.

I'm sleepy today. Gah.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Have you noticed that people talking with masks on sounds like the adults talking on Charlie Brown shows?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04&fbclid=IwAR1UijpBpvPWPIt2n44uUZUQ-rarF5lAdtxjLI2sS1SSbiU9NEINWLinw_Y

It depends. I have heard some people sounding like normal especially through the drive through order window. I'm not one of those perfect diction people; I am sure people are like what? what? when I speak. Ha.

Damaris

6 mi of dirt at Burke Lake, haven’t  been here 😀

hopefully a little second run this afternoon,

onemile

I ran 12

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 with 6 strides. Tried to get out early. Didn't quite happen, had to make a work related call first.

bluerun

Super B****

10.3 on the AlterG

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I ran 7.5.

KCRuns

I ran 3 on the treadmill.

Since the speed calibration didn't work, I found a formula online where you measure the tread and the number of revolutions in a certain time and then calculate it out.  I wasted a lot of time doing all that this morning only for the formula to tell me the pace on the treadmill was accurate.  I guess I'll play around with the cushioning some to see if that makes a difference for me.  Otherwise, I'll have to accept that my pace will just suck on the treadmill and be grateful that I have it as an option.

DavePNW

8 miles with a pretty awful Mona. About 2.8 miles. ACould not get the reps down below around 6:45, at least until some of the later, shorter ones. That’s just as fast as I can go in the morning I guess. Or maybe I’m just out of shape. I was able to keep the recoveries pretty reasonable at least. And anyway although it was a struggle, still felt good to get some faster running in.

Dave

onemile

8 miles with a pretty awful Mona. About 2.8 miles. ACould not get the reps down below around 6:45, at least until some of the later, shorter ones. That’s just as fast as I can go in the morning I guess. Or maybe I’m just out of shape. I was able to keep the recoveries pretty reasonable at least. And anyway although it was a struggle, still felt good to get some faster running in.

you used to have good workouts in the morning though.  more time to wake up during your commute?  or maybe you just need to adapt

DavePNW

you used to have good workouts in the morning though.  more time to wake up during your commute?  or maybe you just need to adapt

Presumably this. With the drive & stop at the gym, it was about an hour between waking up & starting the run. Including 16 oz of coffee, which I’m sure can’t be understated. Now it’s about 20 minutes. I’ve had plenty of occasions to do the roll-out-of-bed runs before, and it’s always been awful. Although if the solution is to get up earlier, probably not worth it.

Dave

KCRuns

Presumably this. With the drive & stop at the gym, it was about an hour between waking up & starting the run. Including 16 oz of coffee, which I’m sure can’t be understated. Now it’s about 20 minutes. I’ve had plenty of occasions to do the roll-out-of-bed runs before, and it’s always been awful. Although if the solution is to get up earlier, probably not worth it.

I've been taking a Vitamin B pill before heading out in the mornings.  Makes a big difference.  Or you could take a Saltstick w/caffeine or a GU.  Just get something in you that will give you a little energy boost.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 3 on the treadmill.

Since the speed calibration didn't work, I found a formula online where you measure the tread and the number of revolutions in a certain time and then calculate it out.  I wasted a lot of time doing all that this morning only for the formula to tell me the pace on the treadmill was accurate.  I guess I'll play around with the cushioning some to see if that makes a difference for me.  Otherwise, I'll have to accept that my pace will just suck on the treadmill and be grateful that I have it as an option.

Do you have a big fan (think industrial one) fanning you while running. Could be accurate (and since it's new, it's likely to be) and just feels harder because you don't have that cooling effect on the TM.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I needed change to pay the landscaper yesterday so I went to Sbux after 3 months and got my normal latte. I missed it.

Damaris