Beginners and Beyond

That Extra Mile ThursDAILIES (Read 43 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yesterday was quite eventful, by the time I was able to go for a run I just didn't feel like it. It was already 8 PM and I wanted to get in a good run this morning. So yesterday was an URD.

This morning I got up and ran 8 miles, I plan to try and get in another 3-4 miles this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I'm sad for you. I know when I get a taste for something I will drive to neighboring counties to get it.

4 planned for after work.

The young gent at stop # 3 explained that it was seasonal and they do not offer it anymore. So I had a caramel sundae instead which is every bit as yummy, tasty and delicious.

The problem with that though is it came after my post-workout window closed, so instead of replacing glycogen it'll be stored as fat and now I will need new clothes. Big grin

LRB

25 minutes in the NormaTec compression boots.  Needed that.

I am not googling that.

I refuse to google that.

Okay those things look trippy.

cjones1

I'm sad for you. I know when I get a taste for something I will drive to neighboring counties to get it.

I drove to 4 separate Panera's looking for a cinnamon crunch bagel the night before my last HM. Smile

8 this morning after I'm pretty sure I slept through a migraine.  Now I feel really weird, but at least I have a 14 hour workday ahead of me. Smile

In other news, we're on the verge of Armageddon in my household now that the Cardinals (my team) and Cubs (wife's team) are playing in the postseason.  One of us is going to have to move out for a week.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

HELLO LMFAO!

Well my good marathon weather forecast that had gotten better has gotten even better (sorry Docket!).  Now temps will peak in the low 50's during the race, and the wind projection has died down.  Giggity.

SRD, and I will be SRD'ing completely (no swim, bike, or gym).  DW and I will hit the race expo today to get our packets.

SHIT'S GETTIN' REAL.

I did go that extra mile, since I was going to do 6, but did 7 instead, because I can't help myself.

And still basking in the afterglow of the Cubs' awesome victory last night. Even if they weren't in it, looking forward to my first baseball postseason on west coast time. Cause I really get into it, but the staying up past midnight every night gets old. Although I had to leave work early yesterday to get home in time for the start. OH WELL.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Just went on a 5K registering spree.  Oops.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

cjones1

SHIT'S GETTIN' REAL.

I did go that extra mile, since I was going to do 6, but did 7 instead, because I can't help myself.

And still basking in the afterglow of the Cubs' awesome victory last night. Even if they weren't in it, looking forward to my first baseball postseason on west coast time. Cause I really get into it, but the staying up past midnight every night gets old. Although I had to leave work early yesterday to get home in time for the start. OH WELL.

Arrieta's a monster.  Too bad the Pirates didn't plunk his pitching elbow instead of his butt last night.  Smile  I'm hoping the Cardinals can turn him into playoff Kershaw, but I'm not holding my breath.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

Just went on a 5K registering spree.  Oops.

By the time you're done, you will have overtaken my PR.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I am jealous of this.  You'll actually get to see the end of games.  One good thing about the Red Sox missing the playoffs is that I won't be a zombie for the next month.

<3

onemile

She has already overtaken mine. 

bluerun

Super B****

I doubt it, but it would make me very happy!  (Not the fact that I've overtaken your PR, but that I went sub-21:00 by default.)

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

She has already overtaken mine. 

By, like... two seconds. 

chasing the impossible

onemile

By, like... two seconds. 

I am currently signed up for six 5k's.  I will try to remedy that.

Baboon

delicate flower

Conversation that just took place at work:

Woman:  "Phil, that bread you brought in yesterday was great!"

Me:  "I am glad you liked it."

Woman:  "Did you get that at the grocery store or a bakery?"

Me:  "I made it.  (ffs)"

Woman:  "Wow, I'm impressed!"

Me:  "The bread machine did all the work.  I just dumped the ingredients in."

<3

DavePNW

Arrieta's a monster.  Too bad the Pirates didn't plunk his pitching elbow instead of his butt last night.  Smile  I'm hoping the Cardinals can turn him into playoff Kershaw, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kershaw was exactly the guy I had in the back of my head going into the game, but fortunately he turned out to be more of a Bumgarner. The rotation declines pretty steeply after Arrieta, who you will only see once, and now you've got Wainwright back. But the Cubs were red-hot overall in the 2nd half. Should be a great series. Hard to believe they've never played in the postseason before. The crowds at both parks will be insane.

Dave