Beginners and Beyond

That Extra Mile ThursDAILIES (Read 43 times)

DavePNW

I am currently signed up for six 5k's.  I will try to remedy that.

Look out, world.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I am currently signed up for six 5k's.  I will try to remedy that.

This is an unevenly matched contest, you know.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Look out, world.

It's a winter series - one a month from Oct - Mar, so most of them will probably be ice rinks.

Baboon

delicate flower

Arrieta's a monster.  Too bad the Pirates didn't plunk his pitching elbow instead of his butt last night.  Smile  I'm hoping the Cardinals can turn him into playoff Kershaw, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am glad the Pirates lost simply because they plunked Arrieta.  Kind of a cheap thing to do.  You don't plunk the other team's ace with a pitch unless you have a damn good reason to.  Arrieta hit two guys but in no way were those intentional.  I am already looking forward to the first Cubs/Pirates game next year.  Smile  That said, LOL at baseball fights.

<3

cjones1

Kershaw was exactly the guy I had in the back of my head going into the game, but fortunately he turned out to be more of a Bumgarner. The rotation declines pretty steeply after Arrieta, who you will only see once, and now you've got Wainwright back. But the Cubs were red-hot overall in the 2nd half. Should be a great series. Hard to believe they've never played in the postseason before. The crowds at both parks will be insane.

Wainwright is strictly late relief at this point.  Losing Martinez was a huge blow, and the other starters, except for Lackey, have been totally gassed in September.  It's pretty amazing they were able to hold onto the division lead.  I've never seen a 100 win team with so many glaring weaknesses.

BTW, I checked stubhub, and standing room tix are running $120 each in St. Louis.  Standing room tix at Wrigley are $300 minimum.  Sheesh!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

cjones1

I am glad the Pirates lost simply because they plunked Arrieta.  Kind of a cheap thing to do.  You don't plunk the other team's ace with a pitch unless you have a damn good reason to.  Arrieta hit two guys but in no way were those intentional.  I am already looking forward to the first Cubs/Pirates game next year.  Smile  That said, LOL at baseball fights.

That one Pirates guy definitely kicked that cooler's ass. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

onemile

This is an unevenly matched contest, you know.

I'm not so sure.

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

That one Pirates guy definitely kicked that cooler's ass. Smile

Best hits the Pirates got all night.

Dave

DavePNW

LOL at baseball fights.

Truth. And this one even funnier than most; I think in the postseason no one wants to risk being injured or suspended. It looked more like they were meeting for one of those Pitch Perfect sing-offs or something.

Dave

LRB

BTW, I checked stubhub, and standing room tix are running $120 each in St. Louis.  Standing room tix at Wrigley are $300 minimum.  Sheesh!

I saw Kenny Rogers spank the Yankees and A's in the 2006 playoffs. A standing room only ticket was $75 for the Yanks, and although Comerica Park is actually designed for standing in the outfield, once was enough of that nonsense! I bought seats for the A's game.

DavePNW

I saw Kenny "Pine Tar Hands" Rogers spank the Yankees and A's in the 2006 playoffs. A standing room only ticket was $75 for the Yanks, and although Comerica Park is actually designed for standing in the outfield, once was enough of that nonsense! I bought seats for the A's game.

FYP.

Dave

LRB

FYP.

lol

Joe  Buck was all over that. Homer.

LRB

My legs and glutes are so sore and tired. I don't know how those of you who do, run double digit mileage runs during the week.

Clearly, I am not in your league.

DavePNW

My legs and glutes are so sore and tired. I don't know how those of you who do, run double digit mileage runs during the week.

Clearly, I am not in your league.

Some of us just run them slower than you do.

Dave