Beginners and Beyond

NFL playoffs (Read 61 times)

Also I have to say it sounds like a cheesy concept, but I like having Mike Pereira around. Whenever I watch a game on another network, I am always wishing they could get him to weigh in on disputed calls.

And I hope no one else had to watch that horrendous rap at the beginning of the CBS broadcast.

I follow him on Twitter. He comments on most all of the controversial calls.

Oh, and thank you NFL and your rules about what is and what isn't a catch. I miss the good old days when you didn't have to look at a replay like the Zapruder film.

It may have been the right call but it shouldn't have been. That was a catch and a dumb rule.

DavePNW

On an unrelated note, I have to mute the TV every time the Geico commercials come on. The ones that go "but did you know...?". I have been doing this all season, they are the worst.

Also, my daughter walked in the room during one of the DirectTV commercials and said, "the meathead Rob Lowe is much cooler". I should probably be worried.

Dave

Hip Redux

I would rather see Brady v. Manning.

Noooooooooooo.   We would get beat over the head with the "Tom has the rings, but Peyton has the stats, who is the better QB" crap.  Enough.

Speaking of Peyton, he is throwing wounded ducks.   If Aaron Rodgers was having a tough time in the first half of his game, Peyton is laying an egg here.

Also, I have been humming "fifty omaha set hut" to the tune of the State Farm jingle so EFF YOU Peyton for that.

Hip Redux

It may have been the right call but it shouldn't have been. That was a catch and a dumb rule.

I hate seeing a game basically come down to one controversial call (but like seeing Dallas lose... so....).  Mr. Oski and I thought it was a catch too.

Did you notice that basically the same call was made in the Indy game - but with the opposite outcome - on the dropped punt return/interception?  They said he was down by contact, even though by the other call, he would have never had possession of the punt.... Admittedly, I don't get the 23452981234 rules the NFL has, but that seemed contradictory.

MothAudio

Peyton just can't zip the ball anymore. Nothing but screen passes while all his wide receiver talent become decoys [and not very effective at that].

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

delicate flower

Just someone, ANYONE, beat Seattle.  Come on, the RAMS did!

<3

DavePNW

Speaking of Peyton, he is throwing wounded ducks.   If Aaron Rodgers was having a tough time in the first half of his game, Peyton is laying an egg here.

Also, I have been humming "fifty omaha set hut" to the tune of the State Farm jingle so EFF YOU Peyton for that.

I think you mean Nationwide?

But yeah Peyton does not deserve to win this game. He's been miserable. In the first half, i don't know how many times he could overthrow the receiver on that exact same play.

Dave

Hip Redux

Yeah, Nationwide.   Is State Farm the one Rodgers does the discount double check silliness for?  

on my way to badass

I've been rooting for Peyton because he is an old man by NFL standards. I hope Andrew Luck can take on Tom Brady.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

delicate flower

<3

Hip Redux

Knowing what Peyton had to do to get back into football, I can't really make fun of him at the same level that I used to.  I am not unhappy that he lost, however.

on my way to badass

Knowing what Peyton had to do to get back into football, I can't really make fun of him at the same level that I used to.  I am not unhappy that he lost, however.

Every time I watch him I worry that if he goes down he won't get up. I'm sure he's not that delicate, but the mom in me worries.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

DavePNW

Dave

LRB

There's your karma, Dez.

Having your team lose due to a controversial call, heartbreaking.

Having the team that benefited from said heartbreak lose in a similar fashion, priceless.

LRB

I've been rooting for Peyton because he is an old man by NFL standards. I hope Andrew Luck can take on Tom Brady.

I'll root for Brady because Colts owner Jim Irsay is a tool. 

On the other side I'll root for the cheese-heads so at least I can say my team lost to the team that went to the super bowl.

Small consolation I know.