Beginners and Beyond

NFL playoffs (Read 61 times)

LRB

On an unrelated note, I have to mute the TV every time the Geico commercials come on. The ones that go "but did you know...?". I have been doing this all season, they are the worst.

Not a fan of cold cuts 'eh? "44 THAT'S ME!!"

delicate flower

Not a fan of cold cuts 'eh? "44 THAT'S ME!!"

lol..."Gonna get me some cold cuts today!"

<3

Hip Redux

Who knew the Ickey shuffle would become relevant again.

Hip Redux

What is Peyton wearing?  Does this match?  I think I know why he was having such trouble today, someone needs to give him an eye exam.

RSX

I think Peyton is injured and/or his neck is an issue. I still don't get why most folks favor Manning over Brady.

NE beat Indy 42-20 in November so was hoping for that matchup. I think they win again by 7.

I want GB to win, and wish Rodgers was 100%. I'm not sure anyone can beat Seattle the way they are playing.

LRB

I'm not sure anyone can beat Seattle the way they are playing.

If anyone can it's the most accurate passer in the NFL, Mr. Rodgers.

DavePNW

If anyone can it's the most accurate passer in the NFL, Mr. Rodgers.

Assuming the Rodgers from the second half shows up.

I can see Seattle being favored, especially being at home, but 7 points sounds like a lot. I would probably take GB with that line.

Dave

outoftheblue

I'm really pulling for GB over Seattle.  It's going to be tough, but Aaron Rogers is such a gamer.

On yesterday's game, regardless of who is helps or hurts, I've really come to hate the nitpicking over whether a ball moved slightly as the player rolls on the ground.  If it looks like a catch in "real time", it should be a catch.  The endless reviews and reversals aren't good for the game, IMO.  I like the Packers, but I hated to see what had been a hard, closely contested game to come down to that.

Life is good.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Rodgers is hurt, the Packers are not gonna pull that one off unless something really weird happens.  It's disappointing, because if he's healthy, I think they could beat anyone this year.  Sigh.  I'm hoping for an Indy - Seattle Superbowl with Indy winning.  I really don't want to watch Tom Brady in another Superbowl.

Running is dumb.

RSX

I'm really pulling for GB over Seattle.  It's going to be tough, but Aaron Rogers is such a gamer.

On yesterday's game, regardless of who is helps or hurts, I've really come to hate the nitpicking over whether a ball moved slightly as the player rolls on the ground.  If it looks like a catch in "real time", it should be a catch.  The endless reviews and reversals aren't good for the game, IMO.  I like the Packers, but I hated to see what had been a hard, closely contested game to come down to that.

Even if the play was ruled as a catch that would have made it 28-26 (unless they went for and made 2). Green Bay still would have had 4:42 left to kick a FG. I still would have liked GB's chances. If this was the last play of the game debate it to no end.

Here in our area I loved the Edelman 51 yard pass but have seen it at least 20 times now since the game ended. I'm good for a while.

DavePNW

I'm hoping for an Indy - Seattle Superbowl

The networks probably not so much.

Actually I think about this for other sports, but I don't know how much the teams influence the Super Bowl ratings; I guess enough people will watch the Super Bowl no matter what.

Dave

catwhoorg

Labrat

The ball didn't move slightly, the ground popped it right out of his hands, and it landed back in them.

I called it as not a catch in real time, there was visible motion at full speed.

Put it this way, the decision was going to be talked about today no matter what. Isn't it better that the right (per the rule) call was made, rather than a game decided by what was visibly a bad call on the field of play ?

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

catwhoorg

Labrat

For sure a Packers - NE Superbowl would be the networks dream match, Seattle not far behind.

Indy has the Luck factor though, he is going to be a force to be reckoned with for years ahead. They can build the franchise around him.

(Which was the whole point of jettisoning Peyton anyway)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

RSX

Peyton must have the record for one and dones in the playoffs. That # is 9 for him

outoftheblue

The ball didn't move slightly, the ground popped it right out of his hands, and it landed back in them.

I called it as not a catch in real time, there was visible motion at full speed.

Put it this way, the decision was going to be talked about today no matter what. Isn't it better that the right (per the rule) call was made, rather than a game decided by what was visibly a bad call on the field of play ?

Fair points. I thought it was a catch in real time, but can see the issue on replay.  I guess I'm just not a big fan of the replay.  Are they going to make ball and strike calls reviewable in baseball?  Sure it would be more accurate, but something would be lost.  We now have slower paced games that seem to be just as controversial as they were before.

I also thought it was likely that the Pack would have won anyway, but it would have been more interesting finish.

Life is good.