Beginners and Beyond

Keep your cool WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Cyberic

Zel, were you giving yourself plenty of rest between the Reps?

Zelanie

Plenty. A full lap, lane 8, very slow. I think I just ran the first ones too fast.

Zel, were you giving yourself plenty of rest between the Reps?

LRB

Legs are feeling good so I'll get out for a few miles in shorts to test 'em out - it's over 50 degrees already! Big grin Hopefully a day off and 10 hours of sleep is all they needed. I also picked up Matt Fitzgerald's Racing Weight on kindle yesterday and got through a good chunk of it already. I think this week's crash and burn is proof that I'm at a point where quality of my diet is starting to really matter if I want to both run well and get/stay lean. I really only have a few pounds of fat to lose at this point so I'm good with eating to fuel my training and just letting the weight come off at its own rate as my miles go up.

Getting down to what I thought was an ideal racing weight was huge two years ago.

For many of us it is the often overlooked variable.

LRB

Morning!  My RP didn't show again yesterday, so I decided to focus again on my plans for world 5K domination.  I did 6 x 400 @ R pace.  The thought was that I wanted some experience and some confidence holding a faster-than-5K pace going into my race.  The bad news is that every rep was slower than the one before.  The good news is that all of them were run at a faster pace than I thought I'd be able to handle. Smile  Didn't do any other moderately paced work since I have a race on Saturday.  Just jogged easy to make 8 total.

Probably do 8 easy today.

D2- Hang in there!  I am right there with ya.  It will pass.

Just getting out there is huge. You will have a better race now as a result!

LRB

That sucks D. I came across a couple once where the wife suffered a similar fate while on vacation in Germany. Just a terrible thing to happen and in the manner that it happened in.

Cyberic

Plenty. A full lap, lane 8, very slow. I think I just ran the first ones too fast.

Good, that is the amount of rest I think is right.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

5 easy miles late last night and I now know with 100% certainty that I am a morning runner. We'll see about running today. I still have some (not much) soreness from the HM but a few easy miles might help get rid of it. No speed work this week and my LR might only be 10 or 12 miles. It seems that every day is a "We'll see."

Little Blue

4 miles walk, 2 miles run.  The run miles were slightly faster than yesterday, with less discomfort, so I guess that's good.  The back got kinda tired, but was fine within 10 minutes of stopping.

Maybe 3 tomorrow.

LRB

So I ordered a red & black pair of Adidas Energy Boost for no other reason than they were $100 off from Finish Line.

Well them shits came today and if they are red my name is Fred.

You probably cannot tell from the pic but believe me when I tell you they are every bit of pink.

Great.

Hip Redux

Those will go great with your man-pris.

LRB

Aye.

Hip Redux

Little Blue

LOL!!

Little Blue

So I ordered a red & black pair of Adidas Energy Boost for no other reason than they were $100 off from Finish Line.

Well them shits came today and if they are red my name is Fred.

You probably cannot tell from the pic but believe me when I tell you they are every bit of pink.

Great.

Wait ... $100 OFF????  How much are they normally??  If my shoes were $100 off, they'd be nigh-on free.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rick, if any man can rock a pair of pink shoes it would be you 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)