Beginners and Beyond

Week 30 Penguins love us some barbershop!! (07/12-07/18) (Read 7 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is Barbershop Music Appreciation Day, and also the 75th birthday of Sweet Adelines, so you know I had to honor the day!!  It's been a crazy year for singing, and neither my quartet nor chorus are meeting in person, but I know we'll get back to it someday, can't wait!

No biking today -- it's totally sunny out, but there's a 60% chance of rain.  Pop-up showers, I guess.

Anyway, here's your link for barbershop music!!

Enjoy!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! RD for me.

HopesMom, happy anniversary to the Sweet Adelines!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - that was lovely. Happy Sweet Adelines/Barbershop day.

I don't know whether I'll be running today. The leg/hip/glutes is still giving me pain. I cross-trained yesterday, but it still hurt this morning. It was better after our walk, so I'll give it a try later.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!!  I biked in today, and didn't even chance looking at the weather.  I'm beginning to think, since I'm not going anywhere in the evenings, that as long as it's not raining when I get in, I might as well bike.  If it's raining when I leave, does it really matter all that much?

I've also been going for a walk after lunch, basically because by then my muscles are all tense, my stomach is in knots, and I just need to get off the rollercoaster for a bit.  Between VA's COVID numbers ticking up, the numbers of samples I have coming in, my tech's resignation in August (she's starting grad school, this was not unexpected), and my own job search, it helps to just shove everything out of my head for a little while.  I'm hopeful that this will eventually lead me back to running, but for now it's just a walk.

All else is continued insanity, but what else is new?  Woo-hoo!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Didn't sleep much last night, so switching my LR for an 8 miler and that's what I'll do tonight.

HopesMom, sorry about all those troubles. I agree with you about biking if you are not going anywhere.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, folks!  So far I have tried to buy coffee and jeans, and both websites are down.  Sheesh, I can't get anyone to take my money, and my jeans are threadbare and my coffee is running low-ish.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Biked in, as usual.  DH is having a root canal, I hope it's going well.  Tomorrow's his birthday, what a birthday present!  I got him a card and a new book, and will make him a cake this weekend.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Grrr, no one wants to take your money!

I have 16 miles.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I know, right??  I'd wait, but my jeans are not fit to be seen in public.  And coffee, man, that's important!!

Biked in this morning, for a lovely breezy not-to-humid ride.  It rained at home last night, not sure if it rained here or not.  I won't be able to ride tomorrow because it is supposed to rain, but that's ok.

Today is DH's birthday.  I gave him a book and a card, but his cake will have to wait until this weekend.  Not like he's having a chill day off -- it's his day to deliver veggies.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is cloudy and rainy here but the rain has not started. I have 5 and Pilates.

Happy Birthday to your husband, Hope!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

We got clouds and wind too, though the rain didn't hit until after 5 p.m. It was nice though for walking the dog and decent for my run. Happy Birthday to your husband. What kind of cake?

Singer who runs a smidge

He generally goes for funfetti.  He's not so much into chocolate, but he does love sprinkles!

Didn't bike today, due to the impending afternoon showers, and basically wanting a day off.  Today should be a pretty calm day -- I don't have samples to run, just data to return, and not too much of that.  Planning to spend my day working on my class for the fall, after checking job boards and such.

I've got a lead for a job in MA, but the salary would be just a little lower than I make now, and the cost of housing would be easily triple what it is here.  I have to decide if that's something I want to pursue -- I'm leaning toward no, but then I'm also leaning toward "Seriously, you're going to nix this before you even get an interview??"  I think I will email them back and be very frank about my concerns and ask about housing costs there.  Open and honest communication always wins in the end, right?