Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 47 times)

LRB

Yo.

Nothing exciting for me to report today, just back to work and that whole thing. I do have an ultrasound later this afternoon though. 

If it's a boy, I'll name him Frick. If it's a girl, I'll name her Frack. If it's twins....you get the idea.

"Sup?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Travel back day. It's 433 and I am at the airport.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning.

I ran a little.  I hope we won last week, so this week will be a bye and I can slack off.

LRB, I hope the ultrasound gives some answers.

Docket, it sucks about your race.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks. It happens. I wasn't happy when I saw the wind forecast because wind here carries a lot of what I am deadly allergic to so I was willing to try but I knew it might come to this. Not worth pushing another 17 miles with how much I was coughing. It was also nice to run/walk with hubby to his second fastest HM ever but I knew I delayed him a little because I could barely run his pace then. Sigh.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

'Monday.  Grumble.  The 5:00 AM alarm went off this morning and I groaned, but I dragged my fat butt out of bed for my 6 mile run.  I did something very rare and didn't look at my Garmin the entire run, until I got close to home just to check the mileage (was at mile 5.7).  I figured I was around an 8:45 pace, but averaged 8:19 for the run.  Easy effort.   I didn't feel like running any harder.  Swim after work.

<3

happylily

D., if you are deadly allergic to the dust in Vegas, then you were either very brave to have wanted to run it a second time, knowing how badly it had gone the first time, or very foolish. I'm not sure which. But for me, foolish is also a quality in people. It's a delicious spice in life. So brave or foolish, I admire that you tried. Have a safe trip home.

Rick, good luck with the twins.

PR, have a great day!

SRD for me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

Morning! 6 miles w/ 6x strides sprinkled in the last 2. Felt great, easy pace is dropping into the high 8s on good days - cool to see all the miles and consistency starting to pay off on easy runs instead of just races!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I want to run later today, but we will see depending on the rain that is supposed to start at 4 pm and stay around until Wednesday.

Good luck with the twins.

Have a safe trip home D

Grumble Grumble right back at cha

Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Good morning all.

Hope you get some answers LRB.

Little Blue

Happy Monday, everyone! (Is there such a thing?)

RD for me.  I'm tired from yesterday's run + working in my yard.  Gotta save a little energy for whatever the boss has planned for this afternoon.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Foolish, of course. I think without some foolishness we cannot attenpt the crazy eh?

But I am done with nv for races. That is for sure.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Sorry that the dust got you again Damaris, hope you're feeling better.

I ended up with 18 yesterday, not the 26 I wanted, but I'm ok with that.  I was depleted right out of the gate.  At first I thought I was just taking longer than normal to warm up, then I realized that my legs were giving me all they had, I felt fine, not even sore, just no juice.  I could have kept grinding out the miles, but I'm not sure that another hour+ would have had any added benefit, so I turned around at Furman University and headed back.  Still a 40 mile weekend, with some good training for pushing through on dead legs (I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of that at my 100 miler lol).

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Good morning all.

Hope you get some answers LRB.

Thanks. Basically I don't have anything to post about running so I am posting about those things. I am not expecting anything tangible today, it's just I dotting and T crossing more or less.

StepbyStep-SH

5 miles with the group, despite being so tired when I woke up I was almost in tears. Feeling slightly more human now, but not much. Hour of martial arts tonight.

I have to get my sleep schedule figured out. I always want an hour of "me time" after DS goes to bed, but he's now staying up until 9, which means I don't get to bed until 10 or later, and 4:30 rolls around REALLY early. 6 hours of sleep just doesn't cut it for me, not on a regular basis.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

Good morning everyone!!

Sorry that the dust got you again Damaris, hope you're feeling better.

I ended up with 18 yesterday, not the 26 I wanted, but I'm ok with that.  I was depleted right out of the gate.  At first I thought I was just taking longer than normal to warm up, then I realized that my legs were giving me all they had, I felt fine, not even sore, just no juice.  I could have kept grinding out the miles, but I'm not sure that another hour+ would have had any added benefit, so I turned around at Furman University and headed back.  Still a 40 mile weekend, with some good training for pushing through on dead legs (I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of that at my 100 miler lol).

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Still impressive, to me.