Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #147 (Read 29 times)

KCRuns

Good morning!

onemile

it's gonna be 85 again today so I got up early to run my workout.  12 miles with 6x1k, 1 minute recovery and then 6x200m with 200m recovery.  my first heat run and early morning run this year and it was rough man

KCRuns

I ran 4.3 with 16x strides.  Another hot and humid morning, guess I should get used to this now. The lakefront is still closed and water fountains haven’t been turned on yet either, they’re usually turned on in late April, both are ridiculous.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I ran 4.3 with 16x strides.  Another hot and humid morning, guess I should get used to this now. The lakefront is still closed and water fountains haven’t been turned on yet either, they’re usually turned on in late April, both are ridiculous.

I'm confused. Apparently my computer is running 3 minutes slower than everyone else's.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

KCRuns

it's gonna be 85 again today so I got up early to run my workout.  12 miles with 6x1k, 1 minute recovery and then 6x200m with 200m recovery.  my first heat run and early morning run this year and it was rough man

That’s a tough one! Nice job!  It was 40° when I ran outside up to middle of last week and all of a sudden it’s now summer, it’ll take some adjusting for sure.

KCRuns

I'm confused. Apparently my computer is running 3 minutes slower than everyone else's.

My phone says 8:49, so maybe the site is just running fast (HaHa)

Cyberic

Niice!

LRB

The site time has been 3.3 minutes off for weeks now, but everything else works so I'm not complaining!

LRB

I can imagine, as both require an adjustment period. Now rehydrate!

Cyberic

Mona. Wanted to test my fitness and ran out of steam at the end, starting about in the last 30 seconds rep. the 15s were not strong. 3.09 miles total, I'm ok with that.

LRB

I'm having a similar issue here with water fountains. I have one a mile 1 and another at mile 4 of a trail that's 9.5 miles in length. Their placement makes planning pretty simple for even the longest runs so not having them sucks on a trail with no other options.

2 uncomfortable recovery miles on the accotink park access road for some modest road crown.

i might be going back to work 😮 spooky😮😮😮

while I don’t work for Costco, I work in Costco as a roadshow vendor,  Costcos in this area have had numerous  employeeSSS catch that virus. 😮😮😮

LRB

I ran 5.

The air here feels like a thick glove of ick. And we might hit 90 today.

bluerun

Super B****

10 on the AlterG. May go out again later because I'm being robbed of a run on Friday, and anxiety levels dictate that a second run would be a good idea.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

I'm having a similar issue here with water fountains. I have one a mile 1 and another at mile 4 of a trail that's 9.5 miles in length. Their placement makes planning pretty simple for even the longest runs so not having them sucks on a trail with no other options.

Yeah, I usually have plenty of fountains in the city.  It makes no sense, there are more people than ever exercising outside and it's hot.  If they don't turn on the fountains, they're going to see an increase in heat strokes and other injuries if people not used to exercising outdoors pass out.  If the goal is to keep hospital beds available for covid patients, then they're going about it the wrong way.