Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Who's Frozen in Place? (Read 49 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Damaris Floridians are going to be in fur coats, balaclavas, snow boots, ear muffs....wish I could see it.

my grandmother called me on Friday (she lives outside Fort Lauderdale) and said it was cold because it was 65F.  She said "it's ok though.  I have my winter coat with me."

Love ya Gram!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

+1 for crazy weather.  It was in the low 60s this morning, heading into the 40s by this evening and the teens tomorrow morning with a feels like around -2 with the wind chill, fun stuff.

Had a family day yesterday before our oldest heads back to college next weekend, so I pushed my LR to today, heading out for 20 this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris Floridians are going to be in fur coats, balaclavas, snow boots, ear muffs....wish I could see it.

My camera will be ready.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

my grandmother called me on Friday (she lives outside Fort Lauderdale) and said it was cold because it was 65F.  She said "it's ok though.  I have my winter coat with me."

Love ya Gram!

LOL  It is 82F now, tell her to bring an extra sweater.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Every Three Kings Day (today), I get a call from PR and people are flabbergasted I am at work and that this is not a holiday in the US.  Sigh.

Damaris

B-Plus

Really need to get back into this running thing, and that includes posting in the dailies!! I'm gonna run after work. I have no idea how far or how long, but I'm gonna put on my running clothes and head out the door.p

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I know areas of Wisconsin have wind chills of anywhere between -25 to -50......... I can only imagine Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

I know areas of Wisconsin have wind chills of anywhere between -25 to -50......... I can only imagine Sad

Yep. Think we hit our "high" about an hour ago with a windchill of -31*.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I am getting my hair cut.  First time in forever I walked in and got an open seat.  Guess the storm was good for that!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wow.............. sorry to hear that, hopefully this arctic  air doesn't last. I just stepped outside in the gear I plan on wearing tomorrow morning and my legs were still freezing, everything else was fine but I think I might have to wear two pairs of tights or my tights and slightly looser tights. It's not going to be as windy tomorrow morning as it is today, it will be 2 degrees at 5 AM with a wind chill of - 12 but only 10 mph WSW winds. I am still debating on whether I want to wear eye cover or not.

Yep. Think we hit our "high" about an hour ago with a windchill of -31*.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

StepbyStep-SH

Wow.............. sorry to hear that, hopefully this arctic  air doesn't last. I just stepped outside in the gear I plan on wearing tomorrow morning and my legs were still freezing, everything else was fine but I think I might have to wear two pairs of tights or my tights and slightly looser tights. It's not going to be as windy tomorrow morning as it is today, it will be 2 degrees at 5 AM with a wind chill of - 12 but only 10 mph WSW winds. I am still debating on whether I want to wear eye cover or not.

When the wind chill is -10* or below, I typically wear a pair of tights under wind pants, or tights under my Hind Arctic "tights" which are fitted, but not super-snug. I've never worn anything over my eyes, other than maybe sunglasses if it isn't dark out, down to -20 or -25* (which is where I say fuggedaboutit).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, my sunglasses aren't black tinted, they're like pink tinted so I don't think it would hurt to wear them just before dawn as it won't blind me. I have a pair of Solomon tights, snug fitting and then pair of Brooks pants that aren't snug but not like loose loose. I do have some wind/snow pants but I don't want to wear them out running lol. Sadly I most likely won't take Rocky along, I have no clothing to keep him warm and he doesn't even want to go out to use the restroom - his next run probably won't be until Wednesday.

When the wind chill is -10* or below, I typically wear a pair of tights under wind pants, or tights under my Hind Arctic "tights" which are fitted, but not super-snug. I've never worn anything over my eyes, other than maybe sunglasses if it isn't dark out, down to -20 or -25* (which is where I say fuggedaboutit).

PRs

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

You all getting out there for runs in sub-zero temperatures are brave! My coldest run was single digit temperatures. Granted, I over dressed for it and still had layers I could have worn that I left at home so I think I could deal with temps as cold as -10 and be ok. Much colder than that though I would be nervous. The whole flesh freezing off your face warnings and all.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Yugo8

Recovery 5 in strong winds.  At times, it was like I was running in place!  

LRB, have you seen the Benedict Cumberbatch BBC version of Sherlock?  It's much better than the Robert Downey, Jr., movies, at least in my experience.  I had seen them but my SO hadn't, so we were playing catch-up for him before the new season begins.  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We'll find out how brave I am tomorrow........ I've got 6.3 miles planned before or just after dawn.

You all getting out there for runs in sub-zero temperatures are brave! My coldest run was single digit temperatures. Granted, I over dressed for it and still had layers I could have worn that I left at home so I think I could deal with temps as cold as -10 and be ok. Much colder than that though I would be nervous. The whole flesh freezing off your face warnings and all.

PRs