Beginners and Beyond

FiestaFriDailies (Read 19 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

40' interval session on the bike, some core stuff and a short leg workout this morning. Couple miles on the treadmill, with some tempo minutes, and some leg strength stuff, at PT last night. Pretty tired after both. But, likely no workouts Sat or Sun while in Phoenix so loaded up a bit.

Leaving work at 11:30, head to airport at 12:30, flight at 2:30. Meet my brother, nephew and friend from LA, and his BIL) for dinner tonight. Then the big game tomorrow. Can't wait! Go Blue! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! 5 later with some intervals by time that I've never done before.

So, let me tell you a story. Our neighborhood is one giant loop with us at the end of it. Nothing comes by our house unless it lives there or is delivering something.

It's 11:30pm and I get out of the shower and hubby says, there was a dude trying to open our front door. I was like WUT? Drunk dude trying to enter the wrong house. I see it on the Ring camera. Then I go and peek at the door to see if I see the dude and there he comes again, WTF. By the time I look outside again he is gone. He can barely walk. We go to bed and 10 minutes later he tried the door again, per Ring.

Hoping he found where he was going. Thought of posting it in the neighborhood group but I also don't want to embarrass anyone.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Morning! 5 later with some intervals by time that I've never done before.

So, let me tell you a story. Our neighborhood is one giant loop with us at the end of it. Nothing comes by our house unless it lives there or is delivering something.

It's 11:30pm and I get out of the shower and hubby says, there was a dude trying to open our front door. I was like WUT? Drunk dude trying to enter the wrong house. I see it on the Ring camera. Then I go and peek at the door to see if I see the dude and there he comes again, WTF. By the time I look outside again he is gone. He can barely walk. We go to bed and 10 minutes later he tried the door again, per Ring.

Hoping he found where he was going. Thought of posting it in the neighborhood group but I also don't want to embarrass anyone.

that's scary and pathetic. did you call the police?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We didn't. It was an old gentleman and we didn't want to create a scene for him. We noticed he hadn't driven to there so he must have been dropped by an Uber in the wrong location. From the lack of activity in the local FB group, it looks like he only tried our house. If he does it again, we will, but we didn't want to ruin someone's life for a case of too many drinks and confusion.

There is really no crime in our area (very little) so there was no danger. People here leave garage doors and front doors unlocked all the time. We don't because we are not stupid, ha!

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

We didn't. It was an old gentleman and we didn't want to create a scene for him. We noticed he hadn't driven to there so he must have been dropped by an Uber in the wrong location. From the lack of activity in the local FB group, it looks like he only tried our house. If he does it again, we will, but we didn't want to ruin someone's life for a case of too many drinks and confusion.

There is really no crime in our area (very little) so there was no danger. People here leave garage doors and front doors unlocked all the time. We don't because we are not stupid, ha!

that makes sense. if it was a younger guy, I'd be on 911 fast!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

that makes sense. if it was a younger guy, I'd be on 911 fast!

Oh, yes, you can tell who is bound for mischief and who isn't. Unless people get robbed by 60 year old white men dressed from JCP, he wasn't one.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, scary. We learned that in our area, the police do not consider someone ringing your doorbell constantly at 1am to be an emeregency. It is only an emergency once they get into your house. We called since it was an old guy in a sweatshirt on a cold night. Turns out, David walked away from the assisted living up the street. He had been given the code to leave as he pleased to go smoke (assisted livings often have an internal keypad to prevent confused residents from wandering off). I have to assume he lost his unsupervsed smoking privelleges. I learned DH has bats stored in 2 locations that evening. As far as being in an out of the way neighbrohood, so are we, it's just a loop, yet somehow multiple idiots have found their way into our backyard.

wolvmar, safe travels, I assume you aren;t flying Southwest?

sdWhiskers

RD. Two weeks until my next HM and I haven't done jack shit, except easy miles.

Docket-glad it's not a scary situation. That kind of thing is posted on Nextdoor way too often here (several times a week), and it's homeless/mentally ill/drugged out guys up to no good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket, scary. We learned that in our area, the police do not consider someone ringing your doorbell constantly at 1am to be an emeregency. It is only an emergency once they get into your house. We called since it was an old guy in a sweatshirt on a cold night. Turns out, David walked away from the assisted living up the street. He had been given the code to leave as he pleased to go smoke (assisted livings often have an internal keypad to prevent confused residents from wandering off). I have to assume he lost his unsupervsed smoking privelleges. I learned DH has bats stored in 2 locations that evening. As far as being in an out of the way neighbrohood, so are we, it's just a loop, yet somehow multiple idiots have found their way into our backyard.

I remember when you had that situation!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

RD. Two weeks until my next HM and I haven't done jack shit, except easy miles.

Docket-glad it's not a scary situation. That kind of thing is posted on Nextdoor way too often here (several times a week), and it's homeless/mentally ill/drugged out guys up to no good.

Here too in the general city Nextdoor but it's mostly people mistaken one house for another. The people post it like it's an invasion. Of course, they normally post them when the kids mistaking the house is black. 

Damaris

sdWhiskers

We learned that in our area, the police do not consider someone ringing your doorbell constantly at 1am to be an emeregency. It is only an emergency once they get into your house. 

Here, that's not even the case apparently! Last week someone posted on Nextdoor that they were working in their garage with the door open. Went to the bathroom for a few minutes and come out and there's a crazy homeless guy in their house, refusing to leave. He walked in through the garage. 911 tells them they can't do anything because the garage door was open so they must have invited him in  Multiple folks commented online that is NOT how it works. Yikes.

I see homeless people on a daily basis but my immediate area of the neighborhood is a bit more out of the way so they aren't within a block or two.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Delta. So far, so good. Inbound flight is scheduled to land at 1:08 so plenty of cushion for our boarding and take-off

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Delta. So far, so good. Inbound flight is scheduled to land at 1:08 so plenty of cushion for our boarding and take-off

Saw an article earlier today on what airlines are most reliable for being on time, i.e. arriving within 15 minutes of scheduled time.  Delta was #1 again at 84.10%.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck!

Not sure how Southwest is doing here, but they are basically 80% of the Indianapolis airport.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Not sure how Southwest is doing here, but they are basically 80% of the Indianapolis airport.

Lots of flights canceled in Baltimore.  Southwest has 2 of the 4 terminals. 1 of the others is international, so most flights are SWA.