Beginners and Beyond

Freezer FriDAILIES (Read 46 times)

Cyberic

I've trained specifically for a half and it was all sorts of awesome. 

So have I, and I'll probably do it again next Spring

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Bert-O, does DW run? Or care what distance you do? I tell DH, I'm meeting my friend for a race.

HC - No, she doesn't run, but she definitely cares about what distance I do.  She gets worried when I hurt myself training and/or running a marathon.  I could say I'm just meeting a friend for a race, but her suspicions might perk up if I'm not back in 6, 7, 8 hours....  Gimping home that late from a 5K would have A LOT of explaining to do. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Half Crazy K 2.0

HC - No, she doesn't run, but she definitely cares about what distance I do.  She gets worried when I hurt myself training and/or running a marathon.  I could say I'm just meeting a friend for a race, but her suspicions might perk up if I'm not back in 6, 7, 8 hours....  Gimping home that late from a 5K would have A LOT of explaining to do. 

A lot easier to use that response when it's a half or shorter.

LRB

Oh I agree. Either you have it now or you don't and you aren't really going to be able to train for it in 3 weeks if you don't. Just get your legs back to normal.

But if you don't run it in these next 2 races, I can def give you some workouts. Lord knows I spent enough time focused on trying to do it

You've had some really good stuff, for all of your distances really. I'm surprised you haven't put a plan together yet for each of them based on your experiences. :hint:

LRB

I know it's tough to have two goals, but there's 7 weeks between the races, so I figure gives me more leeway. And I had such a breakthrough on the marathon this time around, and god willing should have the BQ in hand, I may not need the spring goal to be too aggressive. So maybe freedom to put more into the half. Could have a fall half goal too. My idea for fall marathon is Seattle, which is pretty hilly so I'd be doing it more just to do it rather than with any serious time goal.

It looks like you've got a good grasp on things and a great case for it.

OFR - Good luck and go rock it on Sunday!    Especially if that rat bastard guy shows up.  

I cannot put it better than Bert.  Kick ass and take names coach!

SRD here.  But RDs make me cranky, so barring any client emergencies, maybe I can get out of the office early and get in a shortie this afternoon.

zzyzx

Lots of lifting then the alpine pass exercise bike. 32 minutes 12.04 miles... still slower than I like but closer to normal.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OFR, good luck as well!

Damaris

onemile

You've had some really good stuff, for all of your distances really. I'm surprised you haven't put a plan together yet for each of them based on your experiences. :hint:

Well I have my logs to look back on. I'm going to be done with Addie after Nov 4th

onemile

SRD here.  But RDs make me cranky, so barring any client emergencies, maybe I can get out of the office early and get in a shortie this afternoon.

RDs make me happy! I enjoyed the shit out of it yesterday!

oldfartrunner

I got 5 with some 20 second strides through the gears. 

Berto: Lol! Thanks! ...I'd tell her your done with running marathons, and like the more relaxed pace and surface of the longer trail races. That they are easier on your body-which is basically true. ...I'd think Raccoons are better than Bull Elk.

LM: Thanks!  I'm planning on running for time, but if he is there, probably not. Good luck on your progression run this weekend!  

Damaris: Thanks!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

LRB

Well I have my logs to look back on. I'm going to be done with Addie after Nov 4th

It's been a great run. The only blip was CIM which wasn't anyone's fault and you still got a PR out of it. I still remember that 22 mile run last fall where you ran PRs for three distances or whatever it was. Crazy!

Have you decided what you're going to do as far as training plans?

Cyberic

Monetary reasons? Other? Temporary or permanent?

DavePNW

RDs make me happy! I enjoyed the shit out of it yesterday!

I hope you enjoyed it properly, by eating as if you had just run a 20-miler. For some reason I am hungrier on RDs than any other.

Dave

onemile

Monetary reasons? Other? Temporary or permanent?

Mostly I just feel like I have gotten everything I can from it

and I'm not really sure if I want to continue to train seriously

but who knows. I might change my mind.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Hudson coaching. And compared to other similar services, it's a bargain.

I guess we'll see how IMM goes and what I feel like doing after that.  I might just turn into a fun runner.