Beginners and Beyond

Mondailes... (Read 35 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FreeSoul: I had my 220 for 3 years and finally replaced it for the same reason a few weeks ago. Battery life was dwindling. I got the 235 and am impressed that I can wear it nonstop for an entire week before having to charge it.

3 recovery miles after work before strength training.

Has the group decided what my next marathon should be? I'm looking for fall (Nov or Dec, ideally) and somewhere in the Western half of the US. So far I've done CIM and Arizona RNR in Phoenix. I loved CIM and would do it again if I don't come up with any other ideas...but I don't know how many of these I'll do so would like to not repeat one. And I need it to be cooler than the 70 degrees that killed me during Arizona.

Yeah, the 220 was really good at the start and for the past 2 years until this year it just started..... sadly. I really love it, even replaced the bands last year because the originals had ripped apart.

I figure the 25 will work for me this year, not sure about next year's goal though, might end up buying the 235 after Indy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

We got about 4 inches yesterday which sent this chicken right back to the belt! I don't know, I just didn't feel like dealing with that shit. Whatever. The treadmill wasn't much better. After a mile of sheer agony I hopped off and stretched which made a huge difference. I ended up running 5 miles then did some more stretching and lunges rather than running the 6 miles I had planned.

GinnyinPA

FS - the FR35 has the ability to program an interval workout into it, which the 25 doesn't.

It started snowing last night and it is supposed to continue more or less until Tuesday with a mixture of snow and freezing rain. I'll do some miles on the TM later.

delicate flower

I was just looking at the list of Grammy nominees and winners and recognize almost none of the people listed.    I am so old.

<3

DavePNW

I work for a Japanese-owned company, and we have a few expats on site. Whenever one of them comes back from a trip to Japan, they bring a box of something for the break room. Gifts are a big cultural tradition. It is always a very elegant box with fancy individually wrapped cookies or whatever. The problem is all the labeling is in Japanese so you have no idea what you’re getting. It’s Japanese gift box roulette. Could taste like a normal cookie, or it could taste like fish. What they ought to do is just bring back Kit Kats. They are huge over there; became popular in part because the name sounds similar to a Japanese phrase meaning “you will surely win”, so they’re considered good luck. They are made in dozens of different flavors you can only get in Japan. On one trip I made there, my wife gave me the mission to bring home Green Tea Kit Kats. They were actually really good.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I work for a Japanese-owned company, and we have a few expats on site. Whenever one of them comes back from a trip to Japan, they bring a box of something for the break room. Gifts are a big cultural tradition. It is always a very elegant box with fancy individually wrapped cookies or whatever. The problem is all the labeling is in Japanese so you have no idea what you’re getting. It’s Japanese gift box roulette. Could taste like a normal cookie, or it could taste like fish. What they ought to do is just bring back Kit Kats. They are huge over there; became popular in part because the name sounds similar to a Japanese phrase meaning “you will surely win”, so they’re considered good luck. They are made in dozens of different flavors you can only get in Japan. On one trip I made there, my wife gave me the mission to bring home Green Tea Kit Kats. They were actually really good.

Lol

I also work for a Japanese company and have learned to not try any of the goodies except the Kit Kats. We have enough people with adventurous palates that the gifts still get eaten and I don't end up gagging.

DavePNW

Lol

I also work for a Japanese company and have learned to not try any of the goodies except the Kit Kats. We have enough people with adventurous palates that the gifts still get eaten and I don't end up gagging.

I sometimes eat them, but I use the more adventurous people as taste-testers.

Dave

DavePNW

I was just looking at the list of Grammy nominees and winners and recognize almost none of the people listed.    I am so old.

Well I actually watched the show, and can say pretty much the same. But don’t feel bad, virtually all that music is garbage. I am old but there’s plenty of newer music I like. The Grammys have just celebrated bad music for as long as I can remember.

Dave

LRB

I work for a Japanese-owned company

I would love to visit Japen someday. It's alluring.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FS - the FR35 has the ability to program an interval workout into it, which the 25 doesn't.

It started snowing last night and it is supposed to continue more or less until Tuesday with a mixture of snow and freezing rain. I'll do some miles on the TM later.

Eh, I'm not currently doing intervals so I don't need that. Maybe in the future.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Hello, veteran young guy. In time, you'll come to embrace this ignorance and the accompanying insults, as you'll eventually lack the patience or give-a-fuckness to process any of it.

Sincerely,

Rookie old guy

Cyberic

Moneghetti Fartlek. A fun-hard 20 minute workout.

sdWhiskers

Hello, veteran young guy. In time, you'll come to embrace this ignorance and the accompanying insults, as you'll eventually lack the patience or give-a-fuckness to process any of it.

Sincerely,

Rookie old guy

I watched the Grammy's for about 3 minutes before slapping myself.

delicate flower

If I had the opportunity to present one gift to the world, and it could be anything with no limitations, it would be to make Cyberic99''s log display in miles instead of kilometers.

<3

Cyberic

If I had the opportunity to present one gift to the world, and it could be anything with no limitations, it would be to make Cyberic99''s log display in miles instead of kilometers.

LOL!!!! What do you want to know? I'll translate it for you.

MTA:

The workout is 20 minutes of fartlek including float recoveries, done as follows:

-2x90 seconds hard with 90 seconds float rec
                                -4x60 seconds hard, 60 seconds float rec
                                -4x30 seconds hard, 30 seconds float rec
                                -4x15 seconds hard, 15 seconds float rec

Only checked my watch in the float recoveries parts, and tried not to slow down under MP. The hard parts were done by feeling.

Ended up doing 5.07 km in the 20 minutes, which would have been a good Tempo workout if I had kept the pace steady, except I did it by constantly changing the pace. It gets fun in the 30 seconds, and crazy/wild in the 15 seconds part.