Beginners and Beyond

Mondailes... (Read 35 times)

LRB

And on the subject of unlocking phone screens, my new phone has smart lock, a feature that lets the phone remain unlocked so long as a trusted device is nearby or its on my person. So far I like it. 👍

LRB

Yeah I looked at where to find this in the settings (...very...carefully...), and it seems pretty unlikely. The only other possibility is Eric did it. Is he claiming he absolutely did not? I would have assumed he was deleting a bunch of spam accounts and yours somehow accidentally got caught up in it.

If so, one would think that there would have been others, but I have no idea. The day that everyone was discussing it, I didn't engage because no one here can delete someone else's account (imagine the carnage if that were the case). I've emailed Eric in the past and he is very forthcoming and prompt. If it were me, that's what I would do.

Half Crazy K 2.0

40 minutes on the bike. When I went down into the basement, hardly anything was falling from the sky. Came upstairs, and the snow was coming down hard & had covered the street.

I've used a simple screen lock on my Droid. You can use the camera without unlocking it--I've gotten some great pictures of the inside of my running pack.

LawyerMom, yikes on the lawnmower order. That's so random too. If you don't have a yard, not like you're going to be checking them out.

LRB, I'm always worried I'll hit that live button on FB or instagram.

Cyberic

If so, one would think that there would have been others, but I have no idea. The day that everyone was discussing it, I didn't engage because no one here can delete someone else's account (imagine the carnage if that were the case). I've emailed Eric in the past and he is very forthcoming and prompt. If it were me, that's what I would do.

I've left him a message this morning.

DavePNW

It's totally possible.  I got back from a run a few months ago and apparently I ordered a lawnmower from Amazon via pocketdial.  I don't even have a lawn.  Thank goodness I have the app, it helpfully alerted me that my lawnmower would arrive by Wednesday, and I had time to cancel the order.  That I didn't place.  For a $1,200 lawnmower. 

I reset the phone so you have to put in a password to unlock the screen.  I know, I'm in the dark ages that I didn't have that before, but I'm not interesting enough to worry about anyone looking through my phone.  It's just the rando orders I have to avoid.

We hereby change your username to LawnmowerMom.

Dave

Cyberic

We hereby change your username to LawnmowerMom.

Hahahaha! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, Cy.  Are you on a team?  Hoping he can fix it so your miles show up.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ugh, Cy.  Are you on a team?  Hoping he can fix it so your miles show up.

Yup. The Wrong Team, currently #1. I put in a nice 80 miles last week, that my team mates can't see.

DavePNW

Yup. The Wrong Team, currently #1. I put in a nice 80 miles last week, that my team mates can't see.

What do you mean they can’t see? They can’t see your log, or the miles don’t show up on the My Team page? As ling as it’s in your log, the miles will count. And there are still some other people with the problem that miles don’t show up on the My Team page.

Dave

Cyberic

What do you mean they can’t see? They can’t see your log, or the miles don’t show up on the My Team page? As ling as it’s in your log, the miles will count. And there are still some other people with the problem that miles don’t show up on the My Team page.

It's like you said. The miles count, but can't be seen. They used to, but not anymore. If my miles didn't count, I'd be better off the team as I'd be quite a burden.