Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Why the f**k do I get up so early to run?? (Read 44 times)

Cyberic

It gets pricey to rent time on there.  Which is why I bought one, so aside from the fact that I paid a shitload of money for it a couple of years back... now it's free for me.

I had not realized that you had your own.

LRB

Speaking of which, I am starting to get itchy about my race.  Not nervous at all...just excited.  I don't have any time goals pressuring me (i.e. BQ or PR's), my placement doesn't really matter, and I know I am going to finish the race, so really it's just about doing my best.  Normally for my marathons, I feel knots in my stomach thinking about it.  I've got none of that now.

Awesome. It's gonna be a long day next Sunday, pack a lunch!

Cyberic

HOORAY SLEEP!  8.5 hours last night.  It would have been more but Olympic swimming kept me awake last night.

Speaking of which, I am starting to get itchy about my race.  Not nervous at all...just excited.  I don't have any time goals pressuring me (i.e. BQ or PR's), my placement doesn't really matter, and I know I am going to finish the race, so really it's just about doing my best.  Normally for my marathons, I feel knots in my stomach thinking about it.  I've got none of that now.

Must be nice.

I lost my confidence in my own running capabilities in Boston. Right now, I don't feel like I can beat my time from last year, and at the same time my mind tells me it does not make sense not to be able to beat the time of my first, with all the training I've done since. But I still have that bonk in my mind, and therefore the feeling that I can't do it.

Baboon

delicate flower

Awesome. It's gonna be a long day next Sunday, pack a lunch!

It'll be an all liquid day for me.  I will put a Clif Bar in my T2 transition bag just in case.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Must be nice.

I lost my confidence in my own running capabilities in Boston. Right now, I don't feel like I can beat my time from last year, and at the same time my mind tells me it does not make sense not to be able to beat the time of my first, with all the training I've done since. But I still have that bonk in my mind, and therefore the feeling that I can't do it.

If my math is correct, May, June, July, and August take place in the hottest months of the year.  Everybody is slow right now.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

If my math is correct, May, June, July, and August take place in the hottest months of the year.  Everybody is slow right now.

Ahem.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 9.8 miles, mostly after dawn.  I should have done .2 more, but said fts.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

It'll be an all liquid day for me.  I will put a Clif Bar in my T2 transition bag just in case.

And a banana.  Smile

DavePNW

3:45 wake-up for me, to get in 15 before work. After eating no dinner last night. Because I want to be dentist late afternoon & had to get numbed up, and that shit lasted about 5 hours, and by then it was bedtime. Anyway, that makes 28 miles in the last 2 days, stick a fork in me. Yay recovery run tomorrow.

Dave

DavePNW

I ran 9.8 miles, mostly after dawn.  I should have done .2 more, but said fts.

I'll give you my extra 0.2 - I accidentally went an extra 0.1 before turning around. 

Dave

LRB

Must be nice.

You actually raced well given the conditions that day, but I understand what you are saying. So much of racing is confidence based, so to come up short (for whatever reason) has a lasting effect.

It won't be long though when you can bury those demons, once and for all.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If my math is correct, March, April, May, June, July, and August take place in the hottest months of the year followed by September, October, and November..  Everybody is slow right now.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 7.5, and despite a slow pace (I thought I was moving a little more swiftly than I was), I had a really good rhythm. So much so that the end came rather abruptly, I could've actually kept going.

Shorts and socks were drenched at the end. It was clammy out.

Cyberic

You actually raced well given the conditions that day, but I understand what you are saying. So much of racing is confidence based, so to come up short (for whatever reason) has a lasting effect.

It won't be long though when you can bury those demons, once and for all.

I think it will depend on the temperature, as is often the case. This time I will not use the same strategy I used in Boston, which was to ignore the temperature and go all out as if it didn't make a difference. I will adjust my race pace, and therefore my goal time, depending on the temperature. Hopefully the temperature will be in the low 50s or cooler at the starting line, and cloudy.

Cyberic

Do you have a time objective for your half, yet, LRB? Don't have to share it, just want to know if you're approaching the race with a performance mindset?