Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Why the f**k do I get up so early to run?? (Read 44 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I think they are a shoe for overweight n00bs 

I have like 20 pairs of shoes I can't even wear anymore and I don't even know how it happened 

I'LL TAKE THEM!!

Provided my body holds up, I might actually do a 20 this time around.  It has nothing to do with marathon training and everything to do with wanting to run my age on my birthday (in KM obviously), but still... we'll see if it makes any difference!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I think they are a shoe for overweight n00bs 

That is actually quite accurate! Don't know how I ended up in them but I am glad I did.

onemile

I'LL TAKE THEM!!

Provided my body holds up, I might actually do a 20 this time around.  It has nothing to do with marathon training and everything to do with wanting to run my age on my birthday (in KM obviously), but still... we'll see if it makes any difference!

Sold! Although I think you like to wear more minimal shoes...these are Ravennas, Adrenalines, Mirage and Kinvara

I like to take a rest day on my birthday

onemile

That is actually quite accurate! Don't know how I ended up in them but I am glad I did.

Whatever works.

DavePNW

I haven't really noticed much connection between the length and number of long runs and marathon performance. Overall mileage though, yes.

Are you saying I haven't done enough overall mileage? 

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Weights and core.

Cyberic

I scrapped the outsole of my Saucony Ride 9s while on vacation. My shoes always wear out under the base of the little toes and, although I suppinate, I don't drag my feet and I never understood why. Now I think I know. When I run downhill, I drag my feet braking myself. I did a whole lot of downhill running on vacation, and in that last place I ran on real rough asphalt, so I have a huge spot on the EVA foam under the left foot. On shoes I paid full price at the store. On heavy trainers that were supposed to last over 500 miles and have less than 300 miles.

I think I'll keep running with the shoes like that. can't throw them away, they're still very good, except fot the out sole.

bluerun

Super B****

Sold! Although I think you like to wear more minimal shoes...these are Ravennas, Adrenalines, Mirage and Kinvara

I like to take a rest day on my birthday

Hmm this is true... not so much minimal always, but neutral.  Kinvaras are neutral but my feet hate them.

chasing the impossible

onemile

Are you saying I haven't done enough overall mileage? 

I'm saying you could do the same mileage but fewer long runs and get the same results 

Maybe, who knows - for me, it doesn't seem to matter much but maybe everyone is different.

onemile

Hmm this is true... not so much minimal always, but neutral.  Kinvaras are neutral but my feet hate them.

My achilles seem to hate them too. Which is stupid because *I* actually liked them.

And I guess I wear neutral shoes now too 

onemile

Instead of running outside in 85, feels like 89, I decided to run on the treadmill so I could watch the Olympics. 8 miles.

DavePNW

Dave

Cyberic

everyone is different.

I'm the same.

Zelanie

I ran barefoot on the beach again, just for 4. I wrapped the blister in bandaids and that was almost OK. I bought some liquid bandage and that is really nice now.

It's kinda cool that I was able to run 10.2 barefoot over 2 days without building up to it and except for the two toe blisters, my feet are great. Didn't even get sore from using different muscles or anything.

bluerun

Super B****

My achilles seem to hate them too. Which is stupid because *I* actually liked them.

And I guess I wear neutral shoes now too 

I don't even remember why I didn't like them!  But Saucony in general is just too narrow in the toebox for me.

A million years ago (like... 2011), I thought I loved the Ravennas.  I ended up with the Cumulus instead.  I can't believe I ever ran in those!

chasing the impossible