Beginners and Beyond

Frustrating Fridailies (Read 42 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I knew I should've ran yesterday after the gym damn it  My son has been awake since 3 AM this morning, there has been rain and lightning outside.

DH is supposed to be going over to one of our customers' plant sometime this morning so I'm going to hopefully get my run done then.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

5 miles.

Dave

LRB

I ran 7.

I was awakened by sharp pains in my busted ass cheek during the night which is weird because I usually only get that when I'm driving my work car. Hopefully it was fixing itself. 

Anyway, the 7 were swift for a change.

5mi modest hills, really slow, stayed mostly on sidewalk to limit tilt.

really odd, feel fine,

RunningOnSand

hey there runners. I'm supposed to run 15 today but I caught my dear cherub's cold, accompanied by a minor fever & sore throat, and am now contemplating pushing it off til tomorrow, and running Saturday's workout on Sunday. Just to give myself an extra day of rest. Because I needed something else besides #taper to stress out about, lol. 

KCRuns

hey there runners. I'm supposed to run 15 today but I caught my dear cherub's cold, accompanied by a minor fever & sore throat, and am now contemplating pushing it off til tomorrow, and running Saturday's workout on Sunday. Just to give myself an extra day of rest. Because I needed something else besides #taper to stress out about, lol. 

That sucks, but better to get that out of the way now while you have time to recover before the big day!

LRB

That sucks, but better to get that out of the way now while you have time to recover before the big day!

Agreed.

sdWhiskers

Rest/recovery is probably way more important than a workout at this point.

Also, I was going to comment on your pacing questions yesterday. (Although I've only run 2 marathons so feel free to ignore!). In my first one, I was trying to run the time that Coach and I thought I could so I was watching pace way more than I should have been and stressing about it. For my second one, there was no time goal and Coach gave me a pace that I shouldn't run faster than for the first 20 miles. So it was a subtle mental shift, but it made a huge difference for me. I know you are aiming for a time goal but like onemile said, you can only run where your fitness is.

sdWhiskers

Not sure what I'm running today yet. I need to drive DH to an oral surgery procedure so I'm off work for the afternoon! I may run long today to give myself more time to feel fresh before the mile race on Sunday.

delicate flower

Hey.  4100 yard swim done.  I hadn't done a long swim in a while and it felt good.  Swimming usually feels like a chore but I was enjoying it this morning and I would have kept going if I didn't have to get to work.  Speaking of work, 15 minutes into my work day I was asked what my plans are for working through the weekend.  

<3

onemile

Pacing assignments were announced for Lakefront and RP and I will be pacing the 3:40 group this year 

KCRuns

I did the November Project workout in the park this morning.  There was about 2.5 miles of running as loops during the workout as well as lots of lunges, wall sits, push ups, etc.  It was tough!

Cyberic

Pacing assignments were announced for Lakefront and RP and I will be pacing the 3:40 group this year 

Nice! What group did you have last year again?

As for working through the weekend: Not Nice!

onemile

Nice! What group did you have last year again?

3:45

DavePNW

It'll be a pacer PR!

Dave