Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguin's Are Biking to Work ??? (Read 21 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy National Bike to Work Day.  Sadly, I won't be able to observe.

Not sure about our run today since Sunday's HM is doubtful.  Maybe we can find another one next weekend.

Health club is done and waiting for DW.

Have a great Friday !!!

Zelanie

Jerry- You might end up with a TWO week taper! Smile  Hope the weather turns around for you.

The Hansons think I should run 6 tonight, but I am not so sure.  I might just not run at all.

The weather for my marathon says that the high will be 75.  Not ideal, but it's not supposed to hit that until later that evening, so hopefully the morning won't be too bad.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jerry, have they canceled the race, or you're just not going to do it in that weather?

Zel, I wouldn't do 6 either - maybe 3 or 4 if anything.

I feel rested this morning so I'm headed out for 6.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Since I work 60 miles from home (mostly interstate), I didn't bike to work.  Plus I can't ride a bike, so there's that.  The installation dinner last night was lovely, lots of great food, lots of good singing, lots of laughing.  I'm still sniffling, but might make it out for another walk today.  We'll see.

Jerryb -- Hope your schedule settles itself out!!

Zelanie -- Have a good run tonight, or not!!

Brilliant -- have a good 6!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Jerry hope you get to run.

Z Good luck Sunday

Enjoy the 6 Brill

Hope-Hope you feel better and are able to get out.

Morning, a little wet to bike to work today. I got 5.5 this morning 3 in a light rain. I went to an All Comers meet last night and ran the 100 & 400. Not sure of my official times yet. 15 something and 80 something I think.

hog4life

8.3 with Bella this morning. I won't be biking to work, but might just take a ride later after I do a few errands.

Jerry, HM's are getting scarce down here for the time of year. There is one about 1.5 hours away that I thought about doing but need to save the $$ for DW and her trip.

From the Internet.

REST DAY. I feel squishy and restless D:

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

As far as I know Brill, the race has not been cancelled.   We did not register, so we have nothing invested.  We might have to substitute with one in Madison, Indy, or Rockford.

Planning ahead,  I reserved a room for the Indy Mini Marathon next May.  It does run on the Indy 500 track.  That will be fun.

Hope it's cooler than your last FM, Zel.  Runner tracking there ???

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Rest day for me.  I'm heading down the the expo today to pick up bibs for myself and DH.  I'm meeting a couple of friends down there and we'll do pickup together.  The half marathon is tomorrow.  Forecast is for it to be muggy and chance of thunderstorms.  Lovely?  Sounds like perfect PR attempt weather right ;-)  Kristin is in my corral again this year so I'll see her tomorrow =D  I'll tell her to drop by the Pens threads more often!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

Jerry - Sorry it's going to be so hot.  I hope you find another to do soon. I like races you can wait to register for.  You spend more on race day, but don't lose money if the training didn't go well or the weather sucks.

Z - what's the temperature at start time?

Brilliant - I hope the 6 went well.

HopesMom - walking in the sun should help your sniffles.

PAD - was the meet fun?  Good job on the rainy run.

Mitch - good job on the early miles with Bella.  Have a good bike ride later.

Lauren - all that energy will have an outlet on Sunday; then you'll FLY!  (But try not to go too fast, at first.)

AFM:  I've never bicycled to work, but I've had a few jobs I could walk to work.  I liked that.  Today is supposed to be a rest day, but I may take advantage of the cooler weather and run today instead of tomorrow since a warm front is supposed to drive the temps up over the weekend.

Zelanie

Hope it's cooler than your last FM, Zel.  Runner tracking there ???

Hah!

They might update the finisher list in real time, though. It would be here-  http://irisfestival.com/runs/

Start will be low 50s I think. Not ideal, but not terrible. My guess is there's not a lot of shade in the farmlands. I'll wear my visor.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Jerry hope you get to run.

Z Good luck Sunday

Enjoy the 6 Brill

Hope-Hope you feel better and are able to get out.

Morning, a little wet to bike to work today. I got 5.5 this morning 3 in a light rain. I went to an All Comers meet last night and ran the 100 & 400. Not sure of my official times yet. 15 something and 80 something I think.

Btw:  coach said that track is a 'sprinters track'.   Thin and hard.  Compared to the highschool track close to me I agree!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5.5 miles. Steamy, but a not bad with a little breeze and overcast.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  What a *bleep*ing day so far.  I have Pilates and 8 miles tonight and looking forward to that, though.

Anyway, I had court so I drive to Broward, get all my stuff, closed the car, go back to the car because I wanted to throw out the remnants of my breakfast, picked the bag with the breakfast, and closed the car, with my purse inside.

Now, my car is those that will not lock if the car keys are inside the car.  EXCEPT TODAY.

Fortunately, and as usual, I had my iPhone in my hand so I text hubby who was still sleeping to get me the code to open my car.  He sends it to me in 5 minutes, miracle.  IT DIDN'T OPEN THE CAR.

So, here it is 8:20am and I text hubby, I have 20% of battery and you need to drive to Broward to give me the extra keys.  Let me know if you are coming, I'll try to find a charger from the court in the meantime.  Court starts at 9:30am and here I am WITH NO MAKEUP.     Fortunately, I had my jacket on (which is not normal) so all I needed is to look less than dead.

Hubby got there in record time, I got my keys, opened the car, pulled the purse out, put some lipstick and mascara and made it to court with 2 minutes to spare.  Yay me.

And that's how my day has gone.  Yours?

Damaris