Beginners and Beyond

FE vía phone. (Read 390 times)

Nevrgivup

So today was the first time I talked to anyone from the forums and it was the coolest thing. It truly made my day!!  RM2B and I have become very close since we've met here on the forums. Its funny, not a day goes by that we don't talk online. Dh calls her my pen pal. I can't wait to meet her in Boston 2014!!! I am happy to say that she is just a ball of sweetness just like I imagined. Whoever said that "its just the internet" and that nothing comes out of coming here was wrong. I have become very close to some of you in the last year or so and I just want to thank all of you for your support and friendship. Big grin

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Chairman

The next step is skype or google video chat. 

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Whomever the forumite with the East Indian accent was, who called my house last night telling me that he noticed viruses in my computer, I wasn't fooled.  You could have told me that here. Thank you!

I've heard that chat leads to inappropriate relationships with others, and sometimes oneself.

Nevrgivup

I've heard that chat leads to inappropriate relationships with others, and sometimes oneself.

Shocked      Surprised

So today was the first time I talked to anyone from the forums and it was the coolest thing. It truly made my day!!  RM2B and I have become very close since we've met here on the forums. Its funny, not a day goes by that we don't talk online. Dh calls her my pen pal. I can't wait to meet her in Boston 2014!!! I am happy to say that she is just a ball of sweetness just like I imagined. Whoever said that "its just the internet" and that nothing comes out of coming here was wrong. I have become very close to some of you in the last year or so and I just want to thank all of you for your support and friendship. Big grin

Did you both laugh at each other's accents?

happylily

Thank you for bringing something positive to this forum, Hilary. It was in desperate need of it today. I'm glad you and Heidi have become close and that you enjoy this online friendship. It's easy to feel isolated in today's world and that's why some of us try to reach out in an honest way, online.  The internet doesn't have to always be about sarcasm and dubious attempts at humor through insults. Let's enjoy this Holiday season the way it was supposed to be enjoyed, through kindness and friendship. Smile I can't wait to read about your FE in Boston in 2014!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

It might also lead to appropriate relationships. Not that I would know anything about that.....whistles.....

Cindy 

@runjerseygirl

I couldn't agree more.  Smile

Do you even run?

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Chat simply hastens the development of what would have occurred through a PM.

In transit, arriving on time. 

runmomto3boys

Awww, you are so cute!!!  It was so nice to finally get a chance to talk to you this afternoon.  You are even sweeter in person, if that is possible!  There's no doubt about it: we both are TALKERS, for sure - teehee!   I can only imagine what it's going to be like when I meet you in person in Boston. The beers / chit chat will no doubt continue on into the wee hours of the night!  Brace yourself...

Chat simply hastens the development of what would have occurred through a PM.

+1 This is exactly why I stopped PM'ing Jack Klompus. 

runmomto3boys

+1 This is exactly why I stopped PM'ing Jack Klompus. 

Oh my gosh.  You are insane. Big grin

Back to the warm fuzziness that is this AWESOME thread...

Nevrgivup

Thank you for bringing something positive to this forum, Hilary. It was in desperate need of it today. I'm glad you and Heidi have become close and that you enjoy this online friendship. It's easy to feel isolated in today's world and that's why some of us try to reach out in an honest way, online.  The internet doesn't have to always be about sarcasm and dubious attempts at humor through insults. Let's enjoy this Holiday season the way it was supposed to be enjoyed, through kindness and friendship. Smile I can't wait to read about your FE in Boston in 2014!

Thank you Lily. I thought the forums needed a positive thread and it couldn't get any more positive than this. Smile

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

And we all know where *that* leads.  Some more than others.

Running is dumb.