Beginners and Beyond

Tell us an interesting (NRR) fact about yourself! (Read 188 times)

Sloooow.

My grandmother was young when she had my mom and my dad is a bit older than my mom - had already had kids from his first marriage when my parents got hitched.   And my grandfather was almost 20 years older than my grandmother, too!

My Grandad was about 20 years older than my Grandma when they got married, too. She was 16 and he was 36. I think it was more normal/common back then!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I shaved my head for the first time this month, to support Testicular Cancer Awareness Month. Now my hair feels really long...

I have 1 remaining person left living on my dad's side of my family tree (including my dad) - an uncle. I'm 31, and this is pretty out of the norm. I never had any Aunts or Cousins on that side of the family, and my Grandparents were much older than their children and have passed away.

- Andrew

Revenge of the Nerd

I shook hands with President Clinton and VP Gore at a rally in Tacoma, WA in 1996.  Hillary and Tipper were there as well.  Clinton's hand was soft, smooth and expertly manicured.

I once won a design a CD cover contest for guitar god Adrian Belew (King Crimson...)   

Bravo!  I count among my favorites the triumvirate of early 80's King Crimson albums - Discipline, Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Better I Leave

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Sorry Dave, no offense meant but that was darn funny.

It's all good. It wasn't funny when it happened though.

Buelligan

I shaved my head for the first time this month, to support Testicular Cancer Awareness Month.

I shaved my head last month just for the hell of it.  It feels great.

You ladies should try it sometime.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can imagine.

It's all good. It wasn't funny when it happened though.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I wouldn;'t get fired, I would shave my head.  Lots of hair bugging me while I run, LOL.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

If I wouldn;'t get fired, I would shave my head.  Lots of hair bugging me while I run, LOL.

They can fire you for shaving your head? Wouldn't you have a pretty good lawsuit against them if they did that?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Philliefan33

Shave your head, but wear wigs to to work.  Problem solved.

bingo_jenn

I shaved my head when I was on Semester at Sea.  I found that I wanted to wear more makeup and bigger earrings to not look so masculine.

Mostly harmless

Bravo!  I count among my favorites the triumvirate of early 80's King Crimson albums - Discipline, Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair

Don't get me started or I'll go all King Crimson nerdy on you.  I started a King Crimson fan website about 9 years ago.  Eventually I turned it over to some other folks to run but for a long time I was a 24 hour a day Krim Head.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Don't get me started or I'll go all King Crimson nerdy on you.  I started a King Crimson fan website about 9 years ago.  Eventually I turned it over to some other folks to run but for a long time I was a 24 hour a day Krim Head.

I have been to hundreds of concerts and King Crimson was definitely one of the best. Damn, those guys are incredible musicians! "Thela Hun Ginjeet!"

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I like the whigs idea.  It wouldn't look professional to be bald for no reason but just to be comfortable.  I don't think they can fire me, but I wouldn't go to court like that unless I have to.  Although some women go to court with 5 inch heels better suited for pole dancing....

They can fire you for shaving your head? Wouldn't you have a pretty good lawsuit against them if they did that?

Damaris

Nice. I played saxophone in band up until high school and I took a couple years of piano lessons. It's one of those things I wish I could go back in time and tell 15 year old Fuzzy that knowing how to play an instrument later in life could be a cool thing to do.

Yeah, I could not stand my piano lessons as a youth & regret it now, DW the same. Fortunately DD somehow got the music bug. She took guitar lessons for a few years, then taught herself bass, drums & ukelele. Also played trombone & tuba in middle school band. Starting HS this fall & will be in marching band, has not yet decided on an instrument.

And Fuzzy, don't forget you need to add Boston 2013 to your signature, even if it was not a PR! Actually on second thought you should be adding your golf handicap, that is even more impressive.

Dave

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

I could read when i was 2 years old, and I mean actually read books, not just pick out a word here and there. My mom always said it freaked people out, because I looked even younger than I was, like a baby who could read books, LOL. Nobody ever taught me, I learned it from watching Sesame Street and stuff like that. My brain was just wired for it I guess. If only running came that naturally.