Beginners and Beyond

Tell us an interesting (NRR) fact about yourself! (Read 188 times)

Mostly harmless

Unlike most of the people posting to this thread, I find myself to be very interesting. In fact, I hang on my every word.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Unlike most of the people posting to this thread, I find myself to be very interesting. In fact, I hang on my every word.

LOL Scott.

- Andrew

Little Blue

For the most part I consider myself a very non-interesting person. A lot of people already know that my specialty was working with venomous snakes, but they probably don't know that i've been spit on by a spitting cobra, received 17 stitches from a rhinocerous iguana bite, and spent a night in the ICU from a gila monster bite. I'm also allergic to crickets.

I'll bet very few people have had the opportunity to discover this! Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's my girl. I'll be eating mofongo all weekend for you.

I'm a dual national. I like mafongo.

Damaris

GC100k

very cool.  Some guys I'm working with just found a big spitting cobra on their farm in Swaziland. Scary.

I work in Belize and we've run across Fer de Lance ("Tommy Goff"), coral snakes, and jumping vipers ("jumping Tommy Goff").  The local guys I work with say there's also a "green Tommy Goff".  From their description I'm pretty sure it's a green eyelash viper.  A herpetologist is going with me in a couple weeks and I hope we find some cool stuff.

I've run into my share of copperheads and cottonmouths while running here in the US.

While running in Sri Lanka, I was ahead of my wife and around the bend when a cobra crossed in front of her.

When you're in restaurants, do you ask to make sure the food you order does not contain crickets?

For the most part I consider myself a very non-interesting person. A lot of people already know that my specialty was working with venomous snakes, but they probably don't know that i've been spit on by a spitting cobra, received 17 stitches from a rhinocerous iguana bite, and spent a night in the ICU from a gila monster bite. I'm also allergic to crickets.

aplodder

Susan

I own a giant (2+ feet tall) green croc guy-yes from the shoe company.  I use it to hold my stash of cadbury eggs (legs are hollow) and entertain my friends on Facebook.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not an interesting fact but I am very shy in person.

And I am not kidding.

Damaris

Not an interesting fact but I am very shy in person.

And I am not kidding.

and you play the piano ok.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

LRB

This thread exploded before I was able to take a sniff at it!  I will read through it later.

Not totally NRR, but something you might find interesting is that I do not look at other group members RA running log, but stare at mine incessantly.

Philliefan33

That's my girl. I'll be eating mofongo all weekend for you.

I wanted to like mofongo, I really did.  It looked like I should like it, but when I tried mofongo while vacationing in Puerto Rico I really didn't care for it.  Maybe I just got a bad example?

Zelanie

I didn't graduate from high school or even get a GED, but I have a Master's degree.

Singer who runs a smidge

I sing women's barbershop.  I think it is the coolest hobby ever!!  I wear huaraches and no makeup most days, until I get on stage.  Then it's high heels and false eyelashes.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

and you play the piano ok.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.  I never feel nervous on stage.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Most likely.

I wanted to like mofongo, I really did.  It looked like I should like it, but when I tried mofongo while vacationing in Puerto Rico I really didn't care for it.  Maybe I just got a bad example?

Damaris

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Stay thirsty, my friend.