Beginners and Beyond

ice ice Fridailies too cold too cold (Read 44 times)

Will run for scenery.

Kinda nippy around these parts.  Right now it's -5 F with a "feels like" of WTF!

Last night I ran on the TM at the gym (4 mi) and hit the sauna.  By the time I walked 25 yards to my car, my hair was frozen into a hard crust.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry that TJ is not feeling well.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am so glad I have the day off today!  Compared to some folks elsewhere, this is not cold, but for we South Texans - whose normal temp at this time of the year is about 62 for a high and 41 for a low - this is really cold.  Right now in San Antonio it is 35 degrees with a 'feels like' temp of 29! I guess I should count my blessings because at least it is not freezing and there is no ice on the roads and all the pipes are still free-flowing, etc. Even so...it's cold!   My 5K tomorrow is in San Marcos - about a 40 minute drive from San Antonio - and starts at 9 a.m.  I looked at the Weather Channel for the prediction at start time:   27 degrees with a 'feels like" of 15!  Cuz of that damn wind.  I think I will be wearing my long running pants for tomorrow! And a hat...even though I HATE wearing hats. Well, it could be worse.  At least the rain that was predicted has now moved out..and so the forecast has changed to just 'cloudy'.     And the prediction for my 4 pm 5K in San Antonio tomorrow has gotten better too...34 degrees, up from the predicted 20s.

Baboon, you are still way too young to have aches and pains.  Sounds like MBC needs to give you a massage.  I am sure she will get right on that. Joking

Kristin got my warm weather! Cry  Good luck with your half, Kristin.  Take it easy...and carry pepto bismol tablets!  Sorry about the stomach bug.

lol, LRB.  Nice photo!  Hope the mat plopping helps with the tightness.

I have a friend who deals with migraines, Damaris.  He goes through hell, so I feel for ya.  Hope you feel better soon!

Coffee with egg nog?  You mix the two of them? Tight lips  Good luck with your 5Ks this weekend, Oski.  I have a few 5Ks myself this weekend, so I will send some good vibes your way when I'm out doing mine.  Wait..that may not work..with the time difference, you may already be finished with yours before I even start mine.  Oh well.  Anyway, good luck!

Well, all the rain in our area yesterday resulted in iced over roads.   And, it started sleeting around 7:30 last night.  Wow, Sarah, North Texas got hit way worse than South Texas.  It is cold here, but we got lucky...it is DRY, and the winds dropped off.  So compared to what you have up there, we're doing pretty good.  Stay safe up there!

I don't even want to know what your temp is, Andrew.  It's 35 here in San Antonio and I'm freezing with that!  Someone on the Penguins thread mentioned it was -4 in his area.  MINUS FOUR?!!!  Shocked   I would not even get out of bed.   Yeah, if the gym is safer, with the weather you're having, I think I'd choose the gym.  Stay safe!

This morning's run was freaking awesome, freezing cold with pelting ice but so freaking fun.  FreeSoul, you have one weird sense of what 'fun' is.  Wink  I do get what you mean, though.  When I lived in Ohio and England, I'd go out in all kinds of crazy winter weather, and the runs were actually quite exhilarating.   However, now it's been 19 years since I've done a snow/ice/freezing rain run...and I really don't miss it.  I don't think I could do it anymore.

Robert, wishing you and TJ a good day today!

Kinda nippy around these parts.  Right now it's -5 F with a "feels like" of WTF!   That is cold.  Even so, jj.  Makes me feel like kind of a wimp complaining about my 35 degree.  But I don't care.  I AM a cold-weather wimp and I am cold in my 35 degrees! Joking  Dang, jj, stay safe in that stuff.  Sounds like you need to carry a battery-operated portable hair dryer with you.  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I love it - I think I look more forward to snowy/icy weather now that I run on trails, and I love it way more than summer heat. It was a feels like 18, but not sure if it was the wind.

I am so glad I have the day off today!  Compared to some folks elsewhere, this is not cold, but for we South Texans - whose normal temp at this time of the year is about 62 for a high and 41 for a low - this is really cold.  Right now in San Antonio it is 35 degrees with a 'feels like' temp of 29! I guess I should count my blessings because at least it is not freezing and there is no ice on the roads and all the pipes are still free-flowing, etc. Even so...it's cold!   My 5K tomorrow is in San Marcos - about a 40 minute drive from San Antonio - and starts at 9 a.m.  I looked at the Weather Channel for the prediction at start time:   27 degrees with a 'feels like" of 15!  Cuz of that damn wind.  I think I will be wearing my long running pants for tomorrow! And a hat...even though I HATE wearing hats. Well, it could be worse.  At least the rain that was predicted has now moved out..and so the forecast has changed to just 'cloudy'.     And the prediction for my 4 pm 5K in San Antonio tomorrow has gotten better too...34 degrees, up from the predicted 20s.

This morning's run was freaking awesome, freezing cold with pelting ice but so freaking fun.  FreeSoul, you have one weird sense of what 'fun' is.  Wink  I do get what you mean, though.  When I lived in Ohio and England, I'd go out in all kinds of crazy winter weather, and the runs were actually quite exhilarating.   However, now it's been 19 years since I've done a snow/ice/freezing rain run...and I really don't miss it.  I don't think I could do it anymore.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The trails during the morning's run - and I am sure that they now have 2-3 inches or so of snow on that ice Smile

Rocky had a blast

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Yugo18

I'm thinking about taking the day off.  I really should, because I haven't had a rest day in a while.  If I do decide to frolick outside, though, I'll keep it short and sweet.  Happy Friday!

Zelanie

Brrrrrrr- I think you need some more r's on there!

We're having some very uncharacteristic snow out here in western Oregon.  We usually get an inch or two of slush, sometimes over ice.  This is likely to be 8-12" of powder on dry, frozen ground.  Cool!  But damn, it's cold!

StepbyStep-SH

I didn't look at Andrew's temps - I saw enough Facebook posts from friends of mine who live west of me (though farther south) who had early morning temps of -15 to -20, before the wind chill.

I almost feel guilty about saying that I did get cold during my 6+ miles at 4* (feels like -8*) this morning. And for my race tomorrow, it should be about 0* with windchill of -15* or colder at start time. They actually sent an email saying that for participant and volunteer safety, they will cancel if the windchill is lower than -20*. But I'm still planning to get my miles in, either way. Layers and handwarmers, baby! I gotta burn off the monstrous plate of nachos I ate for lunch in anticipation of an 18-mile long run tomorrow.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I didn't look at Andrew's temps - I saw enough Facebook posts from friends of mine who live west of me (though farther south) who had early morning temps of -15 to -20, before the wind chill.

I almost feel guilty about saying that I did get cold during my 6+ miles at 4* (feels like -8*) this morning. And for my race tomorrow, it should be about 0* with windchill of -15* or colder at start time. They actually sent an email saying that for participant and volunteer safety, they will cancel if the windchill is lower than -20*. But I'm still planning to get my miles in, either way. Layers and handwarmers, baby! I gotta burn off the monstrous plate of nachos I ate for lunch in anticipation of an 18-mile long run tomorrow.

Stay safe tomorrow! I got hypothermia in temperatures a lot warmer than that. If you stick to your plan and layer well I'm sure you'll come out of it fine.

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1.  I pushed it and I don't care.  The hip wasn't terrible.  When it was a little off I would stop and walk around in circles until it eased.  Didn't count my walk time/distance.  Just the running amount.

Not icy here.  In fact, it was very warm.  upper 70s this am when I ran.

Marjorie

Will run for scenery.

"Holiday" party w/ free booze starts in 45 minutes. It's work related, so I have to go.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Snow just missed us here central Illinois dangit. Anyway RD for me. Going out tonight with the crew from work for a big hunk of red meat on an indoor charcoal grill that I'll be cooking myself.

Oh yes, and the DH just called to say she picked a bottle of some type of red wine, which is tradition before this annual dinner........man I spend all week with these people so the wine helps me tolerate them a few hours longer!

hope you all have a great night and be safe out there!!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Looks like a great place to run.......just be careful of those tree roots! And the cougars!

The trails during the morning's run - and I am sure that they now have 2-3 inches or so of snow on that ice Smile

Rocky had a blast

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, thankfully we don't see cougars around here...... though sightings have been claimed, the biggest cat we have are Bobcats.

PRs

LRB

Wassup everybody, I am higher than an Eagles nest!  Cool