Beginners and Beyond

FirDAILIES, or something like that (Read 38 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah but I only get 70 if I wake up for a 5 AM weekend run *shakes fist* If I'm still running too much past 8 it's gonna get worse. I WANT TO SLEEP IN! And after a bunch of 60ish mornings 70 feels like melting again :C

It's feels like 90F when I wake up at 5am.... for perspective. 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've gone without eating meat for a year or two at various times in my life. I wish I could always keep that up but I inevitably end up eating something I love like bacon or steak or Italian sausage. I have never liked chicken (it always tastes funky to me) so I haven't eaten that in about 25 years but as far as red meat is concerned it's super difficult for me to completely abstain. My brain tells me I shouldn't eat meat but some other part of my body disagrees.  I don't eat meat daily, though. If I had to guess I'd say I eat it maybe 3 times a week.

Generally, I eat like crap. WAY too much sugar and not nearly enough fruits and veggies.  That was true even during the times I wasn't eating meat.

6 miles today at the indoor track.

I do think it's OK to eat meat from time to time even if vegetarian the rest of the time.

10 with 6 at MP and they felt tough due to the breathing but not OMG, I'm going to die tough.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's feels like 90F when I wake up at 5am.... for perspective. 

For my "race" tomorrow, 9am,  80 temp, 75 dewpoint, feels like 91. By 11am, 85 degrees, 76 dewpoint, feels like 101. Beautiful.

Cyberic

I do think it's OK to eat meat from time to time even if vegetarian the rest of the time.

I'd probably be like that, unless after a while meat started to disgust me or something.

Tonight we went to an Indian restaurant, not a real one, but they serve decent Indian food and my son could still order a pepperoni pizza, and I ordered Vegetables Korma, it was vegetables in a korma sauce... surprise surprise. I had it with rice. If I could always eat tasty meals like that, being a vegetarian wouldn't be bad at all.

Baboon

delicate flower

I put my swim stuff in the car in case I feel like stopping by the pool for some laps after work.

NOPE.  I stopped alright...I stopped at the swanky grocery store and picked up two sushi rolls and a jumbo peanut butter cupcake and I ate it all.

<3

DavePNW

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'd probably be like that, unless after a while meat started to disgust me or something.

Tonight we went to an Indian restaurant, not a real one, but they serve decent Indian food and my son could still order a pepperoni pizza, and I ordered Vegetables Korma, it was vegetables in a korma sauce... surprise surprise. I had it with rice. If I could always eat tasty meals like that, being a vegetarian wouldn't be bad at all.

I find it is really easy to eat vegetarian when we go to the Indian buffet. I actually prefer their non-meat dishes to the meat ones. I did learn to always run before going. A lunch with lots of chickpeas and lentils does not make for a pleasant run.

Hip Redux

The stupid running store sent me home with a box of shoes that had a right shoe of size 10 and a left shoe of size 9.5.  I didn't realize this because they had ordered them so I didn't try that specific pair on before I left the store.

I was convinced I needed a half size up because my left foot felt crunched, so I bought some on line.... turns out I just needed the size I had actually ordered in the first place  

(and those are men's sizes, so I was already POed that I had to order stupid ugly navy blue shoes to get something that fit)

workinprogress11

Yay for beer and peanut butter cupcakes!  I don't imagine they would work well together, though.

LRB

What's the guy next to you drinking DavePSaynotomacrobeer? Diet green tea? lol

LRB

NOPE.  I stopped alright...I stopped at the swanky grocery store and picked up two sushi rolls and a jumbo peanut butter cupcake and I ate it all.

I don't think anyone here cam blame you.

LRB

For my "race" tomorrow, 9am,  80 temp, 75 dewpoint, feels like 91. By 11am, 85 degrees, 76 dewpoint, feels like 101. Beautiful.

What are they trying to do, grow a beanstalk to the sky!

LRB

The stupid running store sent me home with a box of shoes that had a right shoe of size 10 and a left shoe of size 9.5.  I didn't realize this because they had ordered them so I didn't try that specific pair on before I left the store.

I was convinced I needed a half size up because my left foot felt crunched, so I bought some on line.... turns out I just needed the size I had actually ordered in the first place  

(and those are men's sizes, so I was already POed that I had to order stupid ugly navy blue shoes to get something that fit)

I say go back and rob them bitches at gunpoint, wearing the shoes around your neck. Big grin

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yay for beer and peanut butter cupcakes!  I don't imagine they would work well together, though.

Ah, but there are some chocolate peanut butter porters.

I was just in the mega-beer, wine & liquor store last week, so I was browsing. I would have never put beer & desert together until a few years ago when I got a restaurant week special at an alehouse. Milk stout & cheesecake was the desert course, went amazing together. Unfortunately I have the alcohol tolerance of a 2yr old, so I only had a few sips.

Hip Redux

I say go back and rob them bitches at gunpoint, wearing the shoes around your neck. Big grin

Totally.

And the week before my race.   Ain't no one got time for this crap.