Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Ric-G

maybe 4 miles or so later...I actually felt rested and comfortable running yesterday - it was an odd (but good) feeling...plus it feels like summer finally ended...

a guy from a running group I know said he would loan/give me his copy of a book called "Healthy Intelligent Training - principles of Arthur Lydiard."  Will be interested to see what's contained. I need both healthy and intelligent. Have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Little Blue

RD. Resting the left leg.

So ... right legged squats only?

3.75 mile run, 3 mile walk.  Part of it felt like I was flying.  Hahahaha, yeah.

onemile

So ... right legged squats only?

I was thinking a one legged run. (hop?)

LRB

Ultrasound was normal. That means there are no stones which is good but it does not tell whether it's working well.

Good.

Glad and sad?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good.

Glad and sad?

Yes cause I want answers, dammit!

Damaris

LRB

I understand.

#ontothenexttest

From the Internet.

outoftheblue

It's a very frustrating area in general.  After a particularly bad side-stitch, I did tons of research to try to figure out what was going on.  What was most concerning to me was that my side hurt to varying degrees of intensity for weeks after that initial episode and a full-blown side-stitch would periodically reoccur during longer and faster paced runs.  Searching did discover several discussions on various running forums of others who were also dealing with the same thing, so its a real problem that is out there.

But, at the end of the day, the general consensus seems to be that nobody could really say what caused them or how to get rid of them for good.  I never went to a doctor to see if there was an underlying problem, although perhaps I should have.  I found I could deal with them, more or less at least, during running by focusing on deep steady breathing and gently massaging my side.  Now that I'm no longer doing any faster, longer runs theI haven't had pain in that area in quite some time.  Which makes me think in my case it was directly related to running, although I still don't know why.

I hope you get some answers and, more importantly, that it is nothing serious.  Hopeful you find something small and easy to fix.  Or maybe it's just going to fall into he category that sometimes our bodies just do weird things to annoy us.   Like my left foot is still doing to me.

Good luck with it all.

Life is good.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi. I will be running some weird intervals today of various distances and paces. It's too much to list so I won't. I just know that the 800s are going to hurt.

LRB

I'm at PT, and currently on an exercise bike. 

DavePNW

Whatever it takes, dude.

Dave

delicate flower

Give it hell.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

onemile

I regularly get stretches where I get bad side stitches for no reason. To the point where I can even feel it walking.  I still am not sure what causes it. It is not from being out of shape or pushing too hard like people often assume because I can get them running a 9:30 minute mile as much as trying to run fast.  My theory is dehydration or eating certain foods prior to a run.  Also, I tend to get them in races if I am running downhill (too jarring) or don't control my breathing when taking a gel or drinking water.

onemile