Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Unfortunately, mine are no longer side stitches only.  My side aches especially after I eat or if I have not eaten.  The side stitches, IMO, was the beginning of this issue, but now it is just aching 24/7, which is why we think checking the gallbladder.  Hopefully, that will come negative as well, cause I have a lot of marathons already paid for until June.

Priorities!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Have fun LRB.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

4.5 this morning around the university campus.   I no sooner had gotten out the gym door than it started pouring on me.  Never-the-less, I was out the door now, so no turning back.  Splish-splash i took a bath, but even so, a very nice run/walk, felt strong the whole way in spite of the rain and that darn 20 mph wind that kept blowing more rain onto me.  Was a little bit chilled after I got back to the university gym, so a nice hot shower felt great.  And wouldn't you know it, after I came out of the gym to go to work, all the rain was gone and the weather was starting to turn nice.  Mother Nature hates me. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

bluerun

Super B****

We like you.  

But everyone knows you people are nuts!

(Took a few hours of trying and 52 minutes on hold, but I did get a human.  Now I have to go kill my accountant.  If you'll excuse me.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

(Took a few hours of trying and 52 minutes on hold, but I did get a human.  Now I have to go kill my accountant.  If you'll excuse me.)

We are?

Don't kick the accountant, please.  Keep your foot safe.

Damaris

onemile

I was going to run today but it's rainy.

cjones1

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Great choice. Your log looks wonderful this week.

bluerun

Super B****

...and therefore????

chasing the impossible

onemile

...and therefore????

And therefore, I no longer feel like it.  And because I am 10 days post marathon, I am going to enjoy having the option to skip it with none of the guilt or sense of obligation to hit some weekly mileage goal.

onemile

Great choice. Your log looks wonderful this week.

LRB

It's good to be wanted. Accept it, don't try to rationalize it. FFS.

bluerun

Super B****

It's good to be wanted. Accept it, don't try to rationalize it. FFS.

You kill me.

Oh, if we're looking at it that way, the IRS doesn't want me.  They owe me money, not the other way around.  (A LOT of money.  Hmph.)

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

And therefore, I no longer feel like it.  And because I am 10 days post kicking a marathon's ass, I am going to enjoy having the option to skip it with none of the guilt or sense of obligation to hit some weekly mileage goal.

FYP. Sing it.

Dave

From the Internet.

Got home from parent teacher conference, my house was chilly and I didn't feel like moving, Garmin took FOR-EVER to find satellites. Almost bagged it and took a nap instead but forced myself out anyway and had a pretty good progression run. I don't know what to call my current training paces - 2 miles easy, 2 miles harder than easy, 2 miles at how-the-hell-am-I-going-to-hold-this-for-13.1, just over a mile easy to cool down. The two harder than easy miles felt harder than they should have, I think I'll start off with 3 easy the next time I do this kind of workout (or I won't do it the day after a lifting/horseback riding day, that was probably my bad), but the two ~15k-HM pace miles felt really good - 7:54, 7:48.